shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell Flame (w/ or w/o accent diamonds)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brenn4423

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I'm getting a Mark Morrell flame ring done for my girlfriend's e-ring. I have already contacted Mark and he currently has my stone and is doing work on the basket of the flame. My girlfriend mentioned last night that she likes rings with small diamonds in the band on each side. Well, needless to say the flame does not have this. I know she'll like the flame as is; however, the fact that she mentioned that she likes diamonds in the band got me thinking. I have contacted Mark and he has indicated that we can in fact put diamonds in the band. He has indicated that since the flame is similiar to a knife edge style ring there will actually have to be four bands of diamonds... two rows on each side of the main diamond. I know anything Mark is going to do will look beautifu, but I'm now confused.

Well, I'm not the best at visualizing these things. I asked Mark what his thoughts would be, and he has indicated that he thinks it will look "very nice" with the side diamonds in the band. You guys have been so helpful the whole way through this process so I wanted to check your opinions before I finalize my order sometime this week. Any thoughts, ideas, pro/cons, examples, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brenn

FYI: I am setting a 1.6ct (7.5mm) diamond in the ring

I wanted to just add that my girlfriend has no idea about the ring and its going to be a surprise... so I dont' just wanna ask her what her opinion is (even though I know this would be the easiest solution).

brenn4423

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the link. Do you personally think you''d prefer the Flame with, or without, pave??

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
My vote would be for the original flame design with the little diamonds under the basket just like the design he has pictures of on his site, and to skip the pave. I am sure whatever MWM does it will be beautiful, so you probably won''t be able to go wrong either way. But... the thing that attracts me to his designs is the fluidity of the bands. I think you sortof miss out on that when you go for the pave. Your g/f will love whatever you get for her... just let MWM do his thing, it will be beautiful.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, my vote would also be without, as mentioned, his pieces look so fluid.

However, I''m not the one who''s going to wear it, and she has specifically mentioned something she likes. She has no idea what the ring originally looked like. And, Mark has said he thinks it will look very nice. I tend to think he wouldn''t say that if he didn''t really think so.

So, I say get her what she prefers.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also vote for leaving the flame as is and getting her a diamond wedding band and with the size of your stone you could easily do 10 pointers and it would be blingy and beautiful
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 7:46:37 AM
Author: mrssalvo
I also vote for leaving the flame as is and getting her a diamond wedding band and with the size of your stone you could easily do 10 pointers and it would be blingy and beautiful
1.gif
Hey, now there''s an idea! And then for an anniversary, you could get her another band for the other side. Best of both worlds.
31.gif

Great idea mrss!

brenn4423

Shiny_Rock
I love all of you... Thanks again for clearing my mind. I have decided to go with the plain band (which is what I like better) and then just do something in the wedding band with Diamonds. Thanks again all...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 10:24:32 AM
Author: brenn4423
I love all of you... Thanks again for clearing my mind. I have decided to go with the plain band (which is what I like better) and then just do something in the wedding band with Diamonds. Thanks again all...
That''s great!!!! I was hoping you''d go with the plain band. Please come back with pics when it''s finished!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yes, please come back with pics...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great choice. Can't wait to see pics!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
That''s the perfect solution!!! I''m sure she will LOVE this ring!!! It''s a stunner!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2007 10:24:32 AM
Author: brenn4423
Yay! Great decision! I concur with all the others...flame as is and diamond wedding band!

Please, please, please show pictures when you get it! I have a 1.6 ct. diamond also and I am considering either the Flame or the 4 prong version, but I need to see pictures to decide which I like better!!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to vote for the plain shank
36.gif

Sorry to hijack:

Diamondseeker!! Have u not decided which one to get yet
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
?

I am dying to see hand pics of the flame ring on PS - who will be the first to come up with the goods?
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results