shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell, another fantastic job.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
I had Mark Morrell create a very special, custom made platinum ring for my fiance''s pear shaped diamond ring, and it turned out fantastic. I also had Mark create a corresponding band plantinum band that would fit snug to the engagement ring. I could not have imagined any thing better than what Mark came up with. I started with a vague idea of a sleek and elegant ring and Mark spent a great deal of time helping me create the perfect ring to match my fiance''s personality, and also one that would be practicle for her seeing that see has small hands and works in a chemistry lab.

Well, after two rings both of which were fantastic, I decided to have Mark make my wedding band. For this ring I started with my Grandfather''s gold wedding band, which was very thin, around 4mm. I wanted it a bit thicker, but I wanted to retain the simple and special ring of my grandfather and at the same time add a piece of my own personality to it. Mark created a ring more perfect than I could imagine.

He took my grandfather''s ring, and without changing it, wrapped it in platinum so that it is now 6mm with some platinum on each side of the gold with a filigrain edge. But, my grandfather''s ring is still unharmed and is simply being "hugged" by the platinum. I was nervous at first with doing this on how it would turn out, but my concerns were for nothing. It turned out perfect and exactly how I imagined it.

Mark is truely a fantastic ring designer, one I would never hesitate to recommend and will surely use again. He took a great deal of time to determine what I was looking for with each ring, even when I did not even know. His attention to detail and his quality workmanship are beyond any other service I have received for any other product. Although his prices are higher than others, and I spent a great deal of time deciding if I wanted to spend the money for the three rings, I am very glad that I did as his quality and service are worth every penny.

Although my fiance''s diamond from Jonathan at Good old Gold was fantastic, especially for a pear shaped diamond, the "ring" itself really makes the ring. Most people complement my fiance on the diamond, rightfully so, but the diamond''s beauty is in large part due to the great ring. Also, with my band, although not inexpensive, to have exactly what I was looking for and preserving my grandfather''s special ring, it was worth every penny and then some.

Just cannot say enough about Mark. Although I have said it before, I would also like to again complement Jonathan at Good old Gold for the great diamond, and more importantly the great service.

Regards,

Rook
9.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Okay, now I am dying to see these beautiful MM creations. You must post pictures and not just tease us.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Here is one of her engagement ring.

e-ring 2.jpg

Rook

Shiny_Rock
A CAD of her e-ring with the band.

Note that the requirements for the e-ring were, it had to complment the diamond, fit in with her very small hands, it had to be set low with strong prongs that would not cause any issue for her work and wearing gloves, and it had to be simple and very elegant.

I could not have imagined anything better. I will have to get an actual picture of the band, but this is what I have for now.

e-ring and band.jpg

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Here is my grandfathers ring.

103_0325.JPG

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Her is the ring as a work in progress. I have to yet take a picture of the finished work. It now has the filigrain edge and is polished. This should give you an idea though. Note that my grandfathers ring and the platinum are not actually attached to each other. The platinum is simply hugged around the gold band holding it tightly. If I ever should desire, the gold ring could be extracted and remain as it was before I sent it to him. I know it is a bit weird, but it was important to me to keep retain my grandfathers ring, and Mark came through.

I will try to get some more pictures later.

Jeremy K-gts -band-001s.jpg

Just A Kitty

Rough_Rock
Rook,The rings look great,MM is the master.I've never seen any of his work that wasn't top notch.Congratulations on the beautiful diamond as well.JAK

Kay

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/6/2004 7:03:45 PM Rook wrote:

Her is the ring as a work in progress. I have to yet take a picture of the finished work. It now has the filigrain edge and is polished. This should give you an idea though. Note that my grandfathers ring and the platinum are not actually attached to each other. The platinum is simply hugged around the gold band holding it tightly. If I ever should desire, the gold ring could be extracted and remain as it was before I sent it to him. I know it is a bit weird, but it was important to me to keep retain my grandfathers ring, and Mark came through.

I will try to get some more pictures later.----------------

Wow, that's wonderful that Mark could do that for you. Congrats on all your beautiful rings.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Rook,

Beautiful rings. I don't consider myself a very sentimental person, but reading about how you feel about your grandfathers' ring and wanting to make it your own without compromising it in any way, really touched my heart. From what I have seen, MM's work is nothing short of superb.

Congratulations and good luck to you.

Diamondlil

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
By the way, Rook, what are the stats on the pear. I have one too.

Diamondlil

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
MM always does such nice work, I bet you will both wear his rings with pride.

Your wedding ring is such a great idea! I love how you combined his ring with something new.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Here is my finished Ring.

Finished Ring.JPG

Rook

Shiny_Rock
The pear is a 1.04ct,
9.45x5.57x3.49
62.7% depth
59% table
medium faceted girdle
no culet
vg polish
g symmetry
SI1 - F color
no Fluorescence

I had it appraised by Dave Atlas (also must recommend him and his crew for quality service) and it came out as the top grade on his pear shaped charts. I would have to pull out the book of documents I have on it to remember more than this though.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, Rook. I can understand the desire to keep an heirloom intact and you found a great way to do it while still making it your own.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, but I just had the desire, Mark came up with all the ideas and designs. I didn't have much idea what I wanted, but he is very good at asking the right questions and determining what would be best for the person's desires. It is kind of trusting to allow someone you never met who lives a few states away to do this, but after three more than perfect rings, I fully trust him.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning rings! I'm particularly impressed with your idea to incorporate your grandfather's ring in such a way. What a wonderful idea and executed perfectly by a master. I'm sure you'll always treasure it.

Best of luck to you both!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Rook, they are wonderful. I love how "fluid" MM's platinum always looks.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Very nice , Rook!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Rook,

Congrats on the nice rings..

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set for the pair. Clean and crisp. Simple, classic, and elegant!
love.gif

Neat that you chose to incorporate your Grandfather's ring and renew it for your wedding band. Great work and a beautiful result!!
16.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
That's a good word, Patty. "Fluid" is exactly what I think of MM's work. I presume his pieces look as beautiful in person. He seems to have a lot of happy customers here on PS.

Diamondlil

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ROOK! Great to cya round man! My diamonds in Marks settings always make for some beautiful music.
1.gif
Congrats on your engagement and thanks for letting us be of service. Good to cya hangin round the forum again.

Best regards,

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful rings! Once again Mark has outdone himself!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results