shape
carat
color
clarity

Marisa Dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

1895femme

Rough_Rock
Well, I think I found my dress. I spotted it from my dressing room in the employee-only dress room. I grabbed it and slipped it on, then my mom, aunt and I began to cry. I never loved a dress so much. It''s perfect! It''s me! It''s more than I thought I''d spend.

Originally, I wrote that I didn''t want to spend more than a thousand. I just didn''t want to waste money on something I''d wear once. My family and fiance want me to have this dress, but I feel a little guilty. I just need to get over it. This is it! I know I''d feel worse never buying it!

Anyway, if I get it, I could save $300 by shipping it out of state, but I have no place to store it and alterations would be a hassle. I think that the $300 is worth having my dress kept at the shop in the safe room.

Thank you everyone for helping me. I should still check out Sabrina Ann''s bridal consignment. I guess I''d have the same storage problems if I bought my dress there. What are the other risks of buying a bridal dress from a consignment? I never bought anything from a consignment shop.

The dress is a Marissa dress. What do you know about them? It is silk satin with lace from France. The dress alone is $2051 before alterations.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anything about that line of dresses, but if it is "THE DRESS", it will be worth the money more so than one that was just sort of ho-hum. I''d rather spend a little bit more on something I loved than get something that was better for the budget but that I didn''t really love... and then a few months later buy a 2nd dress...

As far as consignment, the only downside I would see is you''re buying it "as-is"... so you have to check carefully for rips, stains, problems, etc... BEFORE you buy it. Alterations won''t be included and you won''t be able to buy any matching fabric from the designer. But if the deal is a good one and the dress is in great condition, it can be a great way to go.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I have tried Marisa dresses on...they are very nice quality and I was impressed with some of the styles. They have one that is almost identical to Melissa Sweet''s Lia only for much less...and I actually liked theirs better. Do you have a pic from online or anything of the one you choose?

1895femme

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I am going to order the dress tomorrow!!! I''m kinda nervous to post a pic of the dress since my fiance knows I go on pricescope. He even helped me pick my username!

$2000 isn''t a bad price for a silk satin dress with French lace, right? It is made in America.

jsc44

Rough_Rock
Did you buy it? I bought a Marisa gown. For the price, they are so beautiful!!!! What style number is yours? Is it new? I can't post pics on this from work, but I could send you my ofoto album of it--maybe it's the same one??? it is not posted anywhere online or i would send you to the site....
Here is my email---
[email protected]
I'd LOVE to see another Marisa gown (or the same one!! who knows!!!)...and then your future hubby won't be able to see the gown!!! And for 300 dollars--it is well worth the storage and the hassle.
Oh, I really want to see and I'll email you back pics of mine :)...
put in the subject line pricescope--(that is if you want to email me!)
19.gif

Hope to hear from you
Jill (another Marisa bride)!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results