shape
carat
color
clarity

margins or profit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I see many seller wanting to sell me high quality diamonds E/D color, VVS clarity. Some stores only sell stones with GIA certificate. Is it because seller gets more profit from selling higher quality stones because price is higher, and they get more commission? I know some sellers get anywhere from 1-5% commission fr. price of stone if they get stone from someone else if they don't have that stone.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Many stores do only sell GIA or AGS graded diamonds, some sell both. These two reports are more highly thought of within the industry. Many including myself believe these reports are more strict and/or consistant than other labs.Diamonds with either of these reports do trade at slightly higher prices, and in my opinion they are worth it.Dealers selling higher quality diamonds do make a little more money. I don't think you would find it to be *much* more profit if your dealing with a *good* net vendor or even a *good independent jeweler* that will also offer you full in store services.------------------
StevL Dems Jewelers Eightstar Diamond Tundra Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results