shape
carat
color
clarity

Margaret Truman Daniel's ruby

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
This ring, from the estate of Margaret Truman Daniel, Harry's daughter, is up for sale by Doyle in their 9/25 auction. Approximately 2.31-carat center stone, said to be Burmese and unheated. Presale estimate is $6,000 to $8,000. The setting is a little busy and the color is not perfect, but it has an interesting provenance.

954828.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful. I'm sure it will go for more than the estimate. I believe Doyle follows the Christies and Sotheby's approach of not factoring in things like provenance when formulating their estimates.

There are some other lovely pieces in the Doyle auction too (a certain yellow gold diamond Patek makes me especially giddy!).

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It'll be interesting to see what it goes for. I agree about the setting, not my cup of tea. I'll have to check the auction out. Thanks for the heads-up.

--- Laurie

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous and one of a kind. I'd wear it!

Margaret is the one who wrote mystery books? Never read one. Would be cool to own a piece of her jewelry.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure the final price will be far more than $8000. The setting is quite a statement maker although the ruby looks lacklustre in the picture. Provenance will definitely play a strong role in the sale.

dnilson

Rough_Rock
Is there a website that shows all of the pieces up for auction? Never mind...I found it!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love:
We all agree that it will go for much higher than the estimate. Let's play "guess how much it will sell for" and see who comes the closest!

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to guess high: $15,000.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results