shape
carat
color
clarity

March Healthy Lifestyle Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - your poor mom! Bless her heart. She has had a bunch of surgeries lately. I hope she's doing well and back home today. Did you tell me you had read the Donnovan Creed books? I downloaded one last night and I have to say, I'm a little disturbed by the main character. I'm going to have to try those 100 calorie Klondike bars. I bought Little Debbie 100 calorie brownies, but they just don't do it for me. I hope your work picks up for you soon. Being busy helps get the day by faster.

I'm killing time this morning before leaving for work. Matt went back to bed, and if he's not with me I can leave about 45 minutes later. I certainly don't want to get to work that early. Yesterday's food was yogurt for breakfast, scrambled egg, biscuit & gravy for lunch, and tomato soup and pudding for dinner. I tried to eat more solid food over the weekend, but it didn't work out with my jaw. We only walked 2 miles last night because it was much colder than we thought it was (25 degrees), and neither of us had bundled up enough. I didn't get warm until I was in my toasty warm bed. We have a lunch & learn today at work. I hope the food is soft! Have a wonderful day!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Marty’s Bat Phone went off at 2 am and he had to go to work for awhile. Poor guy never got back to sleep. He had a long day.

Our April schedules started rolling in this afternoon at work so we finally got busy again.

My mom was doing much better this morning and they let her go home by noon. We went over tonight and she was doing pretty well.

Deegee, I have not tried a Donnovan Creed book. I will search for them on Amazon. I haven’t picked up my Kindle for a few weeks. I have to get up about 40 minutes earlier when Marty is here so we can both shower in the morning. It sounds like your jaw is still quite painful for you. Poor thing. We had 2” of snow on the ground this morning. You guys were brave to go out in that cold of weather for a walk last night. I got our electric blanket back out tonight. I like the bed to be warm when I go to bed and so I have really missed it. Marty asked for another blanket last night because his feet were cold.

Take care.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Today at work was not slow or boring. The April schedules started arriving and a ton of changes came in for the rest of this month. I wanted to drink my supper but just had water with supper instead.

I tried to make an appointment at Verizon for tomorrow evening to get my iPhone but they don't accept appointments after 5 pm anymore. Aak. Does that make sense to you? I guess we'll be getting in line as usual. Rats.

We had very chilly wind here today so I was cold all day. I did put our electric blanket back on last night and slept really well since I was toasty warm. Sweet.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi!

marcy - glad you're back to busy at work. I drank my dinner on Sunday night. I haven't done that in a while and had a headache Monday morning! Are you excited about getting your iPhone? I love mine. Too bad you can't get a late appointment. I don't understand why businesses don't try to accommodate working people who can't get anywhere before 5. There is a nice, locally owned jewelry store a couple blocks from where I work that I really want to go to, but they close at 5 and are not open on the weekends. I don't want to use vacation time to go look at ring settings. I'm really creeped out by the Donnovan Creed book. The hit man thing is making me have weird dreams. Glad to hear your mom got to go home.

Matt is heading out of town bright an early in the morning but should be back by evening. Today I had oatmeal for breakfast, tomato soup for lunch, and chicken noodle soup for dinner. Last night I made grilled pork chops for dinner and only ate 1/2 of one. They were so tender and tasty, but the chewing just didn't work for me. I had to take a pain pill before bed. When I can eat again, I'm going out for a big steak. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I hate books that creep me out and work their way in to my dreams. I find if I quit reading them about an hour before I go to bed it isn't as bad. Sorry to hear drinking your supper made for a rough Monday morning. I am definitely too old to drink my supper anymore. We are having a few drinks tomorrow evening but I will be sure to eat something first. Darn it that the jewelry store doesn't have better hours; it really doesn't make sense. The nicest hardware store in town is open 8 to 5 and closes at noon on Saturday. It doesn't sound like smart business sense to me. You will certainly deserve a great big steak when you can finally eat again. I feel bad (but not as bad as you) that you still can't eat much. Your poor thing.

I did get my iPhone tonight. We were "next" when we walked in the store about 5:30. It took awhile for the guy to get it all set up and going but I really like it. It is so similar to my iPod Touch I know how to use it pretty well already. I have to copy over all my passwords by hand (or pay $15.00 for the program). I downloaded the Peanuts theme ring tone which I've used for years as my ring tone. I had a cheese sandwich for lunch and was starved by the time we left the phone store. We picked up McDonalds of all things but I didn't finish my burger and gave Marty most of my fries. I made chocolate chip cookies for a friend at work who wanted them for her birthday tomorrow. I only ate one cookie but did have some cookie dough.

Well, I'd best get ready for bed. So much for making it by 11 pm - that gives me 2 minutes to get ready. That's not going to happen.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! New phone means very little sleep. I stayed up past midnight then was still too buzzy to sleep. It's going to be a long, long day. :((

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi marcy and deegee-thanks for the welcome! I was super sick this entire past week, so sadly my 1 Zumba class last week is all the exercise I've gotten! I'm going to get going again starting tomorrow now that I'm finally almost all the way better. I'm hoping to keep up with this thread to keep fitness at the forefront of my mind!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thing2of2, sorry to hear you were so sick last week. Glad to hear you are doing much better. We look forward to having you join in on the discussion here.

We had a beautiful spring day yesterday - it was in the 70's with a warm breeze. Marty played golf. I did laundry and ran errands. We met some friends for cards last night. Today is a different story. We've had about 2" of snow already. At least this time of year things melt quickly.

I made us a traditional breakfast this morning - wheat toast, hash browns, eggs and bacon. Of course Marty gets a lot more of it than I do and I am getting hungry already. I wanted steaks cooked on the grill for lunch but since it's snowing I might come up with something else to do with the steak.

I started another book in my Kindle so I am off to read. :wavey:

Take care and have a great Sunday.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, we've had about 4" of snow by now. I make a rice dish with the steak instead of cooking it on the grill - maybe not quite as tasty as something off the grill but certainly easier than trudging out in the snow.

Back to my book.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy - we're having your yesterday today. Lily has been outside in the sunshine all day. As soon as she comes in, she wants back out! The neighbor kids have been outside playing basketball all day. It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow, but rainy. Have you gotten used to your iPhone? Probably not much of a learning curve since you have an iPod touch and MacBook. Matt somehow managed to demolish his iPhone case, so we're heading to Best Buy after the Reds game is over. Nothing says spring like a baseball game. I have read 3 of the Donnovan Creed books this weekend. They're only $.99 each, so I downloaded all of them-even though they creep me out!

thing - sorry you've been so sick. Hopefully you're on the mend and feeling lots better.

I'm having a very blah weekend. I'm aggravated that my shoulder, neck and jaw still hurt so badly. The doctor said it would be a 2-6 week recovery and today is 2 weeks, and I think I should be all better by now. I'd really like to find some kind of low-impact exercises I can do to add to my daily walk. I bought a pilates for people who have had a spinal injury video a few years ago that I need to find and try. Last night we ate at O'Charley's. I had a pasta meal and I asked them to switch the sauce from alfredo to marinara. It had sauteed peppers and onions, tomatoes, and very thinly sliced chicken. It was so good and I was able to actually eat it without my jaw screaming too much. I had a mini caramel pie for dessert, which was also very tasty. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi marcy-I can't believe you're getting snow today if it was just sunny yesterday! That's nuts! It's almost 60 here, so not too warm, but the sun is helping make it feel warmer.

deegee-I'm sorry you're in pain! Back injuries are awful to deal with and they take so long to heal! I hope you're feeling better very soon. Your O'Charley's dinner sounds delicious...maybe I should add a dish like that to our new recipes list!

As for me, my husband and I went to the grocery store today and we bought a pile of stuff to make some really good meals this week. My husband found some new recipes online that are healthy and look delicious, so I'm pretty excited! We've been eating out way too much lately so it'll be good to get back into cooking at home. Tonight we're having kebobs with tuna steak, red and green peppers, onions and cherry tomatoes. :lickout:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am 50% through my book now. I’d best quit reading for today or I will stay up way too late.

We each had a piece of microwave pizza for supper and a 100 calorie Klondike bar. I am leaving a roast in the crock pot tomorrow.

Deegee, I am glad you had nice weather today. I definitely have spring fever. I have my iPhone pretty much figured out but it is very similar to the iPod Touch so it wasn’t much of a learning curve for me. I really like it though. I ordered a Snoopy hard cover for my phone so I am all set now. Too funny you downloaded 3 books that will creep you out. Sorry to hear your jaw isn’t all better yet - I hate to hear the 2-6 weeks diagnosis for it. Your pasta dish sounds really good and I am glad you were able to enjoy it without too much pain. Hoping you feel much better tomorrow.

Thing2of2, spring is like that around here. Snow one day and gorgeous weather the next. I love the Sun; it does make you feel so warm. Yay for stocking up on groceries for delicious and healthy meals this week. Kabobs are so fun to cook because you get such a variety of food. We eat out more than we should but we try to limit it to one night a week and one day on the weekend. If I have meals planned out for each day I am less likely to suggest we stop somewhere on the way home.

Have a great Monday.
Marcy

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy-did you get the iPhone 4? I still have the 3G so I'm 2 generations out of date! I'm waiting to see if they come out with a new iPhone this summer before I upgrade. Rumor has it they will, but who knows. I like your limit for eating out...we should put that into place. That way we have something to look forward to. The kebobs were awesome and we're having the leftovers for lunch. That's the one good thing about cooking for 2-there's always leftovers!

No Zumba classes today so I'm probably going to do a BodyPump class tonight. I've never done it before, but hopefully it's not too hard! There's a yoga class at the same time, but I'm in the mood for some cardio. Hope everyone has a good day today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thing2of2, I did get the iPhone 4. I had the HTC Incredible for 2 months and when I found someone on Ebay offering to buy them for about what we paid for them I shipped them both mine and Marty's. Marty had to pay full price for his iPhone (ouch) but I used my mom's upgrade (she is on our account). I really like it. I heard the iPhone 5 will be out in August to September. Marty has an iPad and really likes it as well. I agree that cooking for 2 makes for lots of leftovers. It makes for easy lunches for us. I am glad your kabobs turned out good. I hope you had fun at the BodyPump class.

I left a roast in the crock pot today so we had it, veggies and potatoes for supper.

A friend of mine wrecked her car yesterday so I followed her to the body shop at lunch today to get an estimate. They told her not to drive her car so we loaded up her stuff in my car and went back to work. She's hopping they total it so she can get a new car. She got caught on ice on a bridge and they slid in to a guard rail. Thankfully no one was hurt.

My mom had her first followup after surgery and the doctor was pleased with her progress but put her on more restrictions for 6 weeks. She was kind of blue about that but said she'd be good and try to not aggravate anything. She's stubborn like me so I know how well that will work. Ha Ha.

I am off to read my book.
Laters,
Marcy

stevesmith

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi,
Thanks for sharing this unique infromation.. really very much helpful..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results