shape
carat
color
clarity

March Healthy Lifestyle Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I didn't meet my 11pm bedtime goal last night. I went to bed at 1 and then Lily woke me up at 3:30 for her middle of the night potty and food break (her clock says its morning and time for breakfast). I couldn't get back to sleep after I got back in bed and ended up watching the clock for at least an hour. I was so sleepy after dinner that I sat on the couch for a few minutes and woke up an hour and a half later! I don't think bedtime at 11 is going to happen tonight either, uh-since it is already after 11. We had spaghetti and salad for dinner and didn't get to walk because of rain. It's supposed to rain for the next few days. I've been thinking about buying an elliptical machine for exercise on days we can't walk because of weather. The treadmill hurts my knees & hips, but I've read that the elliptical is easier on your joints. Anyone use one?

marcy - your dinner sounds tasty. I need to make homemade sauce for our spaghetti rather than being lazy and using the canned kind all the time. When I first started going to my eye dr, I took the pair of glasses in that I was using for him to check and he confirmed that they were the wrong prescription, and so were my contacts. A bunch of people at work have started going to him too...he's going to think he's being stalked by my office!

sharon - have fun skiing! Glad your weather has improved.

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I did make it to bed on time last night and I think I'll make it tonight. I hope you get some sleep tonight since you had such a short night last night. The homemade sauce is a lot better but I think something Marty puts in it is bothering me. Silly food allergies. I have heard the ellipticals are easier on your joints but I have not tried one. Your spaghetti sounds good. That is one of my favorite meals.

Well, I'd best get on my pj's and get to bed. :snore:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! It's pouring the rain outside so no walk again today. We had grilled pork chops, noodles & veggies for dinner and I'm craving something sweet but I don't know that I have anything. I might have to settle for a sugar-free pudding and a honey lager. I didn't get much sleep at all last night. I went to bed at 1:30, Lily got me up at 2:30, and Matt was snoring like a train when I went back to bed (his allergies are really flaring up). I wanted to cry when my alarm went off at 6! My plan for tonight is to sleep in a spare bedroom with the door tightly shut so that I can't hear Matt snoring and Lily can't wake me up in the middle of the night.

marcy - two people at work told me today that they had made appointments with my eye dr. Too funny since we were just talking about it! I get a 10 or 20% discount on my next glasses or contact lens purchase per person I refer. So far this year 3 co-workers have made appointments. I wonder if he'll let me combine my discounts for one really good discount on a pair of spare glasses. Probably not! Having food allergies would be really tough. You probably know most of what to stay away from, but I'm sure every now and then you get something that makes you feel not quite right. If something I eat is going to trigger a migraine, it's going to come on within an hour after I eat. I'm usually careful, but every now and then I slip up. Your employees may like being hourly because of the OT. Matt is salary and just gets straight time OT, and I get paid for 40 hours even if I work 60. Of course if I go under 40, I have to use vacation or sick time. I've been making sure not to work not much more than 40 hours because I didn't get enough of a raise when I got promoted to justify killing myself for work!

Have a great day tomorrow. I'm off to bed.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, rats for pouring rain again. You will have a very green spring. I hope you get some sleep tonight. I go to our spare bedroom a lot for pretty much the same reasons. Marty kicks and moves around a lot when he is sleeping which keeps me awake too. That would be sweet for you to get a killer discount on new glasses. I think I need to find a new eye doctor. Marty and I are both salary too so it doesn't matter how much we work either. Marty was saying he'd love to go hourly; it'd probably double his take home pay. :bigsmile: I had to ask employees to come in for a few hours both Saturday and Sunday this weekend and the 2 guys were very eager to volunteer since they'll get time and a half for it. Usually I have to keep track of who came in last and ask someone else who reluctantly agrees to come in. I guess I won't have that problem anymore.

I wish my food reactions were easier to figure out. It can be one thing or a combo. By this morning I was itching all over so bad I was almost crazy. By 10 am I was having a very hard time not scratching everything so I finally dug out some food allergy medicine. It helped but I am still pretty itchy tonight. Rats. Sad thing is our roast for tonight had pretty much the same ingredients so I stayed away from any of the sauce or gravy Marty made out of the sauce.

Work was very crazy again today. Tomorrow I have a lady that is going to have surgery and be out for 2 weeks. The lady who is my backup will be out all next week so we'll be short handed for awhile. I made a chart up today to split up their work over through the end of the month. That way every knows what they need to get done each day.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - your food allergies sound awful! I really hate that for you!! Can they do any type of tests to determine what foods make you itch, like they do with other allergies? A few years ago I was tested for other allergies and found out that I was allergic to cheese and eggs. I had already figured that out years ago because eating much of either has triggered migraines ever since I can remember. Matt gets straight time for working OT, but his company encourages the employees not to charge for it. Sometimes he gets aggravated at the company and charges for it anyway, but not the whole amount. He's already worked more than 40 hours this week so he plans to take off the next 2 afternoons to watch basketball and charge OT for whatever is left. I'm not allowed to do that, though. If I work 60 hours by Thursday and take Friday off, I have to use vacation time. So I get aggravated and get myself out the door on time in the evening! I hope everything goes well while you are short handed. I interviewed a very promising candidate today and have one more interview tomorrow, and am hoping to get fully staffed by mid-April.

I ended up not having my snack of sugar-free pudding and honey lager last night. I cut my finger on the pudding cup before I opened it, and I was so tired and it made me mad, so I went to bed. I couldn't get to sleep because my brain wouldn't turn off. Matt came in looking for something a couple of times and turned on the light and made a bunch of noise. Men. I was still wide awake at 1:30, and Lily got up at 3:30...I'm in a rut! I need sleep! I'm home by myself this evening, so I had a small dinner of macaroni & tomatoes and a salad. It isn't raining (yay!), so I hope to take a walk in a few hours when Matt gets home. I feel like we've been stuck inside for weeks! I'm off to read for a while, and maybe I'll fall asleep. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful and healthy day. It was so nice tonight I went out and wandered around a few stores, stopped and paid the balance on our flooring and brought home a cupcake for Marty and I to split. He wanted me to bring him a treat so I stopped at Barnes and Noble and picked up something from the Cheesecake Factory (they sell some of their desserts at Starbucks there).

The fallout at work continues about moving people over to hourly instead of salaried non-exempt. I have 5 employees who rotate being on call and until the company decides how to compensate them for being on call all the supervisors and managers will have to cover their pagers. I am pretty much on call all the time anyway but now I’ll have to stay in town until that gets worked out. Only one of my employees seems to be upset about it. I think overall the people who took advantage of getting paid for 40 hours but never worked them are most upset.

I made patty melts for supper. I used the 45 calorie wheat bread, thin sliced cheese and 96% ground sirloin. It seemed like a lot of food to me but Marty must have been hungry because I heard him munching on his giant pretzels before I left to run errands. I cooked a few frozen fries but gave most of them to him. I had a bunch of raw veggies but avoided the little tomatoes incase they are what triggered my itching.

I was surprised and delighted to get an email today from the PS Admin saying I will receive $100 credit towards a purchase from PS Sponsor. I hit over 10K posts a few months ago. I was thinking about the huggies from WF or one of their bezel set RHR with color stones. Decisions, decisions.

Deegee, food allergies are a challenge so I try to eat very plain food. I think Marty is kind of sick of it though so lately we’ve been trying new recipes with lots of spices. I think I’d best back off for awhile. I have a big sore in my mouth today and some hives are coming up on my face but I am not as bad as yesterday. I have been tested for my food allergies, I know the single things that trigger reactions but the combinations that can start something are very hard to figure out. It is strange how food can trigger things like your migraines. I know the economy is pretty bad but that is rough when Matt’s company wants him to work OT but doesn’t want to pay him for it. Your job sounds like ours, it doesn’t matter how many hours we work if we want a day off you have to take a vacation day. These days I am glad to have a decent job. That is great you found a good candidate and will probably be fully staffed by next month. I am sorry to hear you cut your finger and hate to hear you didn’t sleep well again. I was in bed at 10:46. Since Marty fell asleep at 8 last night and I shut the bedroom door I just slept in the other bedroom. I woke up about 2:30 and about 5:30. Rats. Sleep well tonight!

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saint Patty's Day or Happy Green Beer Day - whichever one you celebrate.

Work was CRAZY! I did manage to get done by 5 pm though. I really ticked off one of my swing shift guys. He NEVER pays attention or follows directions so I've been saying for awhile - if you print out a schedule in the wrong order I will make you redo it. Today we check things through Monday and he had about a dozen schedules printed wrong so I fixed them for us to use this morning but I left them at his computer and told him to do them properly. He spent about 30 minutes getting them redone, then went to put them in the book and found them already in there. I guess he went on a tirade about it. Maybe he'll remember a little better next time.

Then the boss overrode something I did and that took us about 30 minutes to fix. He was cranky and bit my head off over it then about 20 minutes later he finds a "reason " to come talk to me. I can always tell when he realizes he was a jerk to me because he makes an effort for small talk then. I was too busy to be bothered either way.

We went to Outback for supper. Then wandered around a few stores to look at throw rugs. At least we got out and walked around for awhile. We have 5" of snow moving in tonight. Rats.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

marcy - your workday sounds nutty. Glad you got out in time though. Congrats on your $100 credit! I like those huggies, but a nice rhr always works too. Have fun deciding! I hate sleeping in a spare room because neither room has a nice mattress like mine. My chiropractor recommended the brand and only one store in the state sells it. Turns out it the mattress was designed by chiropractors, and it is AWESOME! I can really tell a big difference in my back the next day after I have had to drag myself to a spare room because of Matt's snoring. I'm so stiff and sore, I can barely get going. I feel so bad for you with your food allergies and the sores & hives. That would make a person want to eat nothing but oatmeal and plain bread. Mmmm.... Outback. They have pretty tasty carrot cake - my favorite. I'm sorry you're still getting snow. It finally stopped raining and was a beautiful day here today. It made me really ready for spring and warm weather. Seems like we've been bundling up since late October.

I didn't sleep well again last night, and decided to go in to work a little late this morning. It was totally worth using a couple hours of vacation time to get 3 hours of uninterrupted, no dog in my face, no hubby snoring sleep. I felt so much better at work today, but now it's going on 12:30 and I'm not at all sleepy. I grilled hamburgers and baked some frozen fries for dinner. We went to TCBY for hand-scooped yogurt for dessert (I've been wanting that all week). It was an absolutely gorgeous day, 72 degrees and sunny on my drive home. We walked 3 miles, and then I topped everything off with a honey lager. Today is my mom's birthday, and we talked for about an hour and a half on the phone. She's still having a little trouble with her 2nd cataract surgery eye, but is able to see okay with no more double vision. We're having her birthday get-together on Sunday, and I'm in charge of the cake. Eek! I'm not really much of a cook. Mom really loves carrot cake (that must be where I get it) and a friend at work loaned me a cookbook called The Cake Doctor which contains a nice carrot cake recipe that I think I can do. Wish me luck! I should make a practice one just for me. Hmmm...

Have a great day tomorrow!!! Yay - Friday!!!!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay - the weekend is here! I decided to take today off to get some things done. I ended up getting a phone call first thing this morning and had to deal with a work issue for about an hour. After that, I went back to bed for some extra sleep. Lily curled up at my feet and fell sound asleep too. I got lots of errands accomplished today, and Matt and I went to Chili's for dinner. I had margarita grilled chicken, which is really tasty and within my points range. I goofed when I imported my cd's a few months ago and didn't change the format to mp3. They work fine for my iphone, but I want to save them to my jump drive so I can leave it in my car. I've been re-importing cd's in mp3 format all evening. I still have to copy and organize Matt's jump drive and then save everything over to my jump drive, and then I'll finally have my own music in my car...after only 3 months! Woo-hoo! I have satellite radio, but sometimes all the stations go on streaks of playing really lousy music. We didn't get to walk tonight because we're having a really nasty storm - thunder, lightening, wind, and all of that. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow too. I went to Marshalls tonight and found my favorite New Balance Easy Tone walking shoes for $29 a pair. I just ordered 2 pairs online for $84 each. I bought 2 pairs at Marshalls and will be returning one pair to the online store - I wore the other pair to walk last night. Grrr. I think I'll go back tomorrow and get a pair for my mom. Have a great weekend!!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Grr me! I'm such a giant dip!!! I've been playing around on my macbook today and see that I could have just converted the cd's I had previously imported to mp3's instead of reimporting them. That's what I get for not playing around before I got started. Today I copied Matt's jump drive and have added a bunch of mp3's from my old car, and have purchased a few more downloads from amazon & walmart.com, and I realized that my 4 gb jump drive isn't big enough. D'oh!

We're having another gorgeous 70 degree day, even though the forecast called for pouring rain all day. I ran a few errands this morning, and the day was so beautiful that it brought a tear to my eye. There were so many people out walking, riding bikes, working in yards. I love it! We never have nice weather this early, so I'm really enjoying it. I made homemade pizza for lunch, and hopefully we'll go somewhere tasty for dinner. Matt brought work home again this weekend. There are drawings strewn everywhere in the kitchen. I always kid him that it must be nice to have a job where he gets to color on drawings all day. Never mind that they're design drawings for chemical plants! They just look like a bunch of lines to me.

I'm off to get ingredients for the carrot cake I'm going to attempt to make tonight for mom's bday celebration tomorrow. Have a great day!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend.

We woke up to snow yesterday but it melted quickly. Last night we had our astronomy meeting. The program was a kids project but all the adults who attended had fun. We did a program on the moon and lunar phases which you then make your own plate of lunar phases with Oreos. We all ate more cookies than we used for our plates but it was fun. I can’t remember the last time I ate an Oreo.

This morning I made breakfast the took off to get a hair cut. I had about 3 inches cut off everywhere and my hair layered again. I had them cut bangs again. I like it. I have so much hair I feel like I lost 10 pounds on my head.

I wandered the mall for about 90 minutes. I needed to find a few birthday cards and wanted to check out “like” pieces of jewelry that I was thinking of buying from Whiteflash. I decided I don’t think I want any of them. The 3mm scattered band would be too wide with my ering. The thin sapphire diamond Danielle band or huggable earrings would probably be too little sparkle for me. I looked at some DBTY and I don’t think I’d like it either. The halo is a neat idea but if I do that I will probably go with a halo from the store where the diamond is from. Decisions, decisions.

After I got home Marty and I went to lunch then out to pay for his golf fees for the year. My parents were going to stop by this afternoon to see our new floors so I made a single batch of cookies to have some treats when they were here and sent home most of the cookies with them.

I have my last batch of clothes in the dryer and finished the April newsletter for the astronomy club. I was productive today! Tomorrow is grocery shopping and getting some things ready for the week.

Deegee, what brand of mattress do you have? Marty has back trouble. It’s nice to wake up without more aches and pains. Sorry the spare bed isn’t that supportive. I am glad you slept in this week and went to work late. Too funny you mentioned the Cake Doctor. I have that too. The snickerdoodle cake in there is marvelous. I am sure your carrot cake will be wonderful. Happy Birthday to your mom! I hate to hear she is still having some trouble with one of her eyes. That sounds like my luck on sale items. That is quite the deal for NB shoes. I am glad you had nice weather today instead of rain. It wasn’t too bad here but was cloudy. Good luck getting all your songs moved and saved for the car. Have fun celebrating your mom’s birthday tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying your Sunday afternoon. Marty is out playing golf. I stripped the bed, took off our electric blanket and have been washing sheets and blankets this afternoon. I know in a few weeks I'll be digging the electric blanket back out but it's been warmer here so I decided to put it up for now. I left the cords in place and just unplugged them from the wall.

We woke up about 8. I ran and bought us a quick breakfast (egg McMuffins) then went to the grocery store. I like getting there before 9 because they aren't so busy then. I ordered some of the thin crust pizza from Papa Murphy's to cook for supper. We can get a few lunches out of the leftovers. Sweet.

Discovery Science has been airing "How the Universe Works" all day so I've been watching those most of the day.

About 11:30 our electricity went off and we heard a big pop outside. I called the emergency phone number for our power company and reported it. We went outside and our neighbors were all out looking as well. The power was back on in about an hour. No internet without power. Rats.

I had to make some updates to schedules for work tomorrow. I did them from home but the awful part is I can't print from my work printer so I had to email everything to my laptop then print it out. That took me longer than the updates.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked up some of the 100 calorie Klondike bars (vanilla ice cream with either chocolate or chocolate toffee coating) and they are pretty good. Not huge but not bad for a treat.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi!

marcy - the Klondike bars with the toffee sound tasty. Sometimes all you need is something little after dinner for a treat. That usually helps me avoid snacking all evening. The brand of our mattress is Springwall. I love it! It's a small company and they're hard to find. I could tell a huge difference when we got it, but our old mattress was shot and probably anything would have been better. We had a Beautyrest, and it lasted less than 5 years. I had put 2X4's under my side of the mattress for some support. The guys who delivered my new mattress got a kick out of that. It's funny you mention the snickerdoodle cake - it's one that my friend has marked "bit hit" in the book. I'm anxious to find out what you spend your $$$ gift on!!

My carrot cake was a big hit. I think everyone was shocked that I actually baked a cake and that it was not only edible, but actually good! We had a beautiful, sunny 65 degree day in Kentucky. Unfortunately I had a little accident that's hard to describe but I think I may have broken my jaw. If it is still as swollen as it is now and if it doesn't open any better, I'll have to go to the dr in the morning. Plus I have a cut along my jawline that probably really needs a stitch of two. My accident involved Lily, another dog, a wiffleball game, and a bench with wrought iron arms. The weirdest things happen to me.

Why does Monday come so fast? Have a great day tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am glad your carrot cake was good. OMG, I can’t believe you got hurt, I hope your jaw isn’t broken but they probably won’t stitch you up tomorrow. When I cut my finger really bad they told me they usually only stitch up something inside of 12 hours. I hate to admit it but I did chuckle when I read everything that was involved in your accident. Only because I can see the same thing happening to me. I hope you are okay and that you didn’t hurt your back again. You should try the snickerdoodle cake and be sure to use the cinnamon frosting - vanilla just doesn’t do it justice. I like having a little dessert after I get the dishes done. I usually get those weight watchers chocolate bars that are like fudgescicles but I saw these today and thought I’d try them. I found a baguette wedding band I like at Abazias that might look great with my EC RHR. I could have 2 wedding sets. If that doesn’t work out I might have to spend more money (darn) and get some EC diamond studs. Of course, I’d have to have that money to spend so if the band doesn’t work out I will probably quit looking for awhile.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, it was so warm here today I actually turned on the AC.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And so the new week begins. I smell a lot of stress on my plate this week - wish me luck (not for the stress but to stay away from those stupid candy dishes at work). :wavey:

Happy Spring Day!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - good luck with both stress AND staying away from the candy dishes! Hopefully things will calm down and it won't be too bad. I like the idea of 2 wedding sets, but I know me. I would end up liking one much better than the other and I'd never wear the other. I always thought I'd like to have a WG and YG set. (I do have my original YG set, but the diamond is cracked and very fragile so I don't wear it. It has sentimental value only.)

I went for an xray this morning before work. I got griped at because I didn't go in soon enough for a couple of stitches so I'm going to have a nice, thick scar right on my jawline. (It will just add character to my face, right?) My jaw isn't broken, but the joints on both sides of my face are jammed and sort of locked, and I did some ligament damage around the joint on my left side. My jaw is swollen and you can't see the bone, but you can sure see the cut! I also pulled a muscle in my neck and jammed my shoulder. I went to the chiropractor today after work, and he wouldn't adjust anything on me...not even my low back or leg. He told me to go home and ice everything. My hand is so swollen that my rings were a no-go. I'm kind of a mess! Since I can't get my mouth open much, it's yogurt and soup for a few days and I'm already really hungry. I just took my pain medicine & muscle relaxer and I'm getting really sleepy. It pouring rain, thundering, lightening, etc., so there will be no walk tonight. I guess it will be an early evening for me. Have a great day tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I only had one mini PB cup today. Yay! I am waiting for Marty to come home. He didn’t sleep much at all last night so he drove his truck to work thinking he would come home early but since I beat him home I guess not. He is really having issues at and with work and I am so worried about him and it. I hope things work out for him but in this economy I kind of doubt it. Send him PS dust please.

Work wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be short 2 people and with a lot of updates. I am glad I took care of all the updates for today yesterday that really helped.

I left cut up london broil in the crock pot with BBQ sauce. I put some potatoes in the oven and think I’ll make some frozen veggies with it.

Deegee, you poor girl, you must have really taken a bad spill and hit pretty hard. Ouch. I hope your pills and icing helps. I’d stay home from a walk tonight too. I hope you get full on soft food. That is kind of hard to do. Get better. I have always liked the idea of 2 wedding sets too. I heard back from Abazais today and it sounds like the band I like would be about 5 mm wider than my EC ring. I don’t think I’d like it. I do have the WG heart diamond RHR with sapphires in the semi mount. Maybe I can look for a band to go with it. What I really want but my $100 won’t work on it is the earrings on clearance at a national chain that matches a pendant I have. Decisions, decisions. I agree though 2 wedding sets wouldn’t be that practical for me either because I would always like one of them better. How sad your original diamond is cracked. How did that happen?

Well, I am off to clean my jewelry. Marty will probably be out right after supper so I’d best get it done now.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! I decided to stay home from work today because I feel lousy and can't function properly when I'm taking pain medicine and muscle relaxers. I've been having to take them both every 4 hours as directed on the bottle because I can really tell when they start wearing off. Since I didn't plan for soft food on Saturday when doing the grocery shopping for the week, we went out for dinner tonight to a home cooking restaurant. I had turkey (but I couldn't eat it because it wasn't soft enough), mashed potatoes and carrots. We stopped for TCBY on the way home and it tasted wonderful. It really hit the spot. My good friend who got married and moved away a few years ago is in town and wants to go to dinner tomorrow night. I told her we'd have to go somewhere with soft food and I can't have alcohol. I'm loopy enough with my medicine...I'd be out of my mind loopy with the medicine and beer! We ended up being able to walk 2 miles last night after the rain stopped, but it's pouring again and I think I'm ready for bed anyway. Funny, because I've been snoozing all day...

marcy - I really hope things work out for Marty. I'm sending lots of happy thoughts his way (and yours too). Glad to hear work wasn't too bad since you're down 2 people. I have been given the go-ahead to make an offer to the guy I interviewed last week. Cross your fingers! I broke my original diamond about a month before my 12th anniversary in an ice skating accident. My nephew wouldn't let go of my hand when he fell, and he fell so hard that it slammed me into the wall of the skating rink which caused me to break my wrist and crack the diamond. (The weirdest things happen to me!) It was a 3/4 ct marquise, and the crack started right below the prong on one side. From the bottom it looks like a spiderweb. I didn't realize the ring was toast for over a month because I had pulled it off right after the accident and didn't attempt to get it on my finger until my hand went back to normal size. The first thing I noticed was that the setting and prongs were bent really bad, and then I saw the big crack on one side. I need to find my loupe and check my current stone because I keep having to pull lots of fuzz off of it since my little accident on Sunday. I hope I haven't chipped it.

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We actually were kind of on the slow side at work today. We are in the lull between end of month schedules and waiting for next month’s schedules when it will be “go” time. It was kind of nice for a change.

Still no word on how they will compensate hourly employees on the pager so it looks like I’ll be on the pager for awhile. I better check over my employees work more closely. LOL.

I made burgers and oven fries for supper tonight. Marty had some mixed veggies and I had raw veggies. Tomorrow night is taco night. Sweet.

Deegee, you are right - a lot of strange things happen to you. It sounds like you’d banged, bruised and broke a great deal of your body over the years. How awful about cracking your original ering. Breaking your wrist sounds quite painful. I hate to hear you are having a tough time this week too. That is nice TCBY hit the spot today. I am sure you’ll enjoy seeing your friend even if you can’t eat or drink. I hope the guy you are going to make a job offer too will be eager to accept. Thanks for the well wishes for Marty.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. We were so slow at work today I was almost bored. We ran some errands after work so ate at the mall. I will make my homemade tacos tomorrow night.

Marty has decided to look for another job. I am quite worried about it and him and of course how he’ll be treated at work now. I don’t take change well but I am sure he’ll figure something out. He’s a smart guy.

I picked up my glasses today and can see distance really well. I can read street signs again. Close up was kind of funky at first but my brain figured it out and I am fine tonight.

Deegee, I hope you are doing and feeling better today.

Sharon, are you getting any nice spring weather up your way yet?

Rod, I know you are having great weather down your way. I hope your dad is adjusting better each day.

Skippy, I know you are getting excited for the twins arrival date.

Lisa, have you been skiing this winter?

SomethingShiny, how are you doing?

Stepcutgirl, have you been getting in a lot of walks? I hope to get out there again since the weather is warming up here.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - so sorry to hear that things are bad enough for Marty at work for him to be looking for a new job. I wish him much success in the hunt. Hopefully he finds something that doesn't require a bat phone! I'm like you though, not a big fan of change. I'm glad your glasses are better. I noticed this week that I had to adjust back to my contact lenses after wearing my glasses for the last few weeks. A couple people in my department have down time the last week of the month, which works out great for me because I'm always needing help. I know I can give them anything and they'll run with it, and get it done correctly too.

I forgot all of my medicines at home yesterday and had a lousy day, but am feeling better today. I stopped by the chiropractor on the way home from work. My back, neck and shoulder are still too swollen to adjust, but he stretched my back muscles and did therapy on my neck and shoulder, which I think helped some. My left leg was 1 1/4 inches shorter than my right when I went in, and the stretches helped get that back to normal. Today I had the roast beef from an Arby's roast beef sandwich (couldn't chew the bread), a bowl of chili and a banana, and that's it for the day. This not being able to chew thing might be great for a diet, but I'm starving!!!! I have had so much yogurt this week, I think it's going to be a while before I actually want yogurt again. So glad tomorrow is Friday. Our director declared it "Spring Clean Your Office Day" and we get to wear jeans. Yay! Have a great day!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, thanks for the well wishes for Marty. I am more worried about him than anything. We've talked about it quite a bit so that helped me anyway find out what he is thinking. Sounds like you are slowly progressing but you must really be banged up. You poor thing. I am sure Matt has threatened to put you in bubble wrap, huh? I hope you take it easy this weekend and start to feel more like your usual self. That is a heck of a way to go on a diet. Have fun spring cleaning tomorrow!

We had leftover ribs and cottage cheese for lunch and made our homemade tacos for supper. Marty is in the basement working on a project for his old boss. I need to pay bills tonight but have been playing the new Angry Birds - Rio! Stupid game is so addictive. I need to get out my Kindle and start another book.

I got my order placed with James Allen today for my garnet studs. They ended up costing me only $10. I almost feel bad about it but they are something I've really wanted because I don't like the garnet earrings I have right now. They should ship sometime next week.

Tomorrow is Friday! Yippee.
Marcy

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I'm back on the fitness wagon after a busy winter so figured I'd join in! I recently moved so the last several months have been super busy because of that and I basically didn't exercise at all, aside from working on getting our house ready to sell. (Painting has to burn a ton of calories!)

Last week I started doing a Couch To 5k program and I just joined my local YMCA so I'll be going to classes and working out there, too. I went to Zumba last night and it was super fun and not as hard as I thought it would be! I'll probably go tonight, too, if I get all my errands done in time. Otherwise I'll just do a run on the treadmill at the gym since it's too cold to run outside!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am so glad the weekend is finally here. I am working on laundry tonight. Marty is already asleep but I want to get a few batches of laundry out of the way.

Tomorrow Marty is going to go play golf with a friend and I am going to a little girl’s birthday party. I am meeting my folks for lunch. Tomorrow night we are play cards.

We had steak on the grill for supper with veggies. We had some red wine and a 100 calorie Klondike bar.

Thing2of2, it is good to see you here. It sounds like you did have a very busy winter. I am sure getting your house ready to sell and moving is a tremendous amount of work. How wonderful you enjoyed the Zumba class. It sounds fun.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! We had our spring office cleaning day today at work, and it was kind of funny how excited everyone was to clean. My office is organized and color coded so I didn't need to work on that, but there was enough dust in there to choke a person. It's no wonder my allergies are acting up. I stopped by the chiropractor on the way home from work. My regular guy wasn't there, but the back-up guy had heard all about my latest accident and wanted to get a good look at my jaw. He was able to adjust me some today, although I still can't turn my head to the left at all. Still, I'm way better than I was on Sunday! I had dumplings and green beans for lunch, spaghetti and a piece of carrot cake for dinner. The carrot cake had pecans in it, which kind of hurt but I deserved that piece of carrot cake after the lousy week I had. Lily and I walked 3 miles without Matt tonight. His back hurts too, so he's taking it easy. He's a big baby when it comes to pain.

thing - I firmly believe that any kind of work around the house burns major calories. It should, anyway! Several people at work go to Zumba, but I have balance issues and I think I may cause serious harm to myself and everyone around me if I tried it.

marcy - I'm quite a sight right now. The cut on my jaw popped open and bled lots at work yesterday, so I have had to bandage it for the past 2 days. The left side of my face from my cheek down has turned green, I am super stiff, and I even found a bruise right below my right eye. Poor Matt got lots of mean looks tonight at the restaurant. The person I offered the job to accepted and should start mid-April. If no one quits between now and then, and if he actually does start - I'll be fully staffed. Woo-hoo! Have fun at the bday party, with your folks, and playing cards tomorrow. I think my plan for the weekend is to rest and stay in. Who knows what color my face will be tomorrow!

Have a great weekend!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! Wow, this weekend went fast. I did a lot of resting and recovering, and am feeling so much better. We just got home from dinner and grocery shopping. I had a few too many Dead Guy Ale's with dinner, I think. I was a little wobbly-legged while grocery shopping! I ate about 1/4 piece grilled chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner at the new restaurant we tried a few weeks ago. I opened my mouth a little too wide and made my jaw hurt, so I couldn't eat much of the chicken. To make up for not being able to eat, I had extra beer. I have leftover chicken and potatoes for lunch tomorrow. Yummm... I think I'm going to have one more beer and head to bed without walking tonight. We walked 3 miles last night in the snow/sleet, which was really strange since it was 78 degrees on Thursday. I'm in a funky mood today, so one more beer and bed sounds perfect to me. Have a great Monday!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. We had fun last night playing cards and some games with friends. I didn’t drink much because the wine they gave me was too sweet. Better for me that way too. They asked me to bring dessert last night so I made a brownie mix and put in some of those mini peanut butter cups. I had one brownie while we were there and left the rest for them. We played a really fun game. There were 9 of us so we each took 9 sheets of paper, numbered them and then wrote a sentence on the first page. Then you pass it to the left and that person has to draw a picture of what you said. The third person then writes out an explanation of your picture. When it gets back around to you then you have to read it to everyone like a book. It was very funny. I felt bad for the guy to my left because I can’t draw at all. Clouds and flowers are about my only skill set in drawing.

This morning I made pancakes for breakfast and made Marty some bacon with his. I cooked roast beef for lunch and then we had some fruit and for supper.

We were pretty lazy today. I watched a lot of movies today. I don’t want to go back to work tomorrow. We are getting snow and freezing fog right now.

Deegee, that is nice to get rid of dust bunnies at your office. I cleaned my space the other day too. I hope you rested up this weekend and are feeling better. I hope Matt’s back is feeling better too. It’s so fun to watch the colors of bruises change. They get pretty nasty looking.

Have a great week.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you are having a good day. I was very BORED at work today. We are still waiting on our April schedules.

I made pasta, bread sticks and veggies for supper. Marty made a garlic / salt / butter paste to put on top of the bread sticks. We had a 100 calorie Klondike bar for dessert.

My mom had surgery today (as a short stay) but they decided to keep her over night so I ran up there to set with my dad and see her. She is doing okay just slow to do the basic get out of jail free card stuff (eat and empty your bladder). She isn't in too much pain but seems sleepy. Hopefully they let her go home in the morning. Poor thing she's been to the doctor and had more surgeries in the last year than most people do in 10 years.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results