shape
carat
color
clarity

Mara

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 3:15:54 PM
Author: sunkist
Maisie, I''m so excited for you! You are going to love your J when you finally get one
36.gif
I have a .95 K and I am taken breathless by it everyday. I bought my stone from Whiteflash without seeing it first, but I picked numbers that were an ideal cut that I felt would take care of masking color. And it totally does! Most of the time I don''t see any color from the sides. But when I do, the face of the diamond is still gorgeous and white. So, I''m really excited to see your final ring!
I can''t wait either! It feels like forever since we decided to get a new ring! My problem is that I can''t decide on a setting. I am nervous to get one just incase its not perfect when it arrives. Its a long way to send it back if its not right. I know I want a J - no question - its just the setting thing.
I am sure everyone goes through this - it must be normal to get the jitters near the end!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 1:05:58 PM
Author: Maisiebelle
I have been to Notts a couple of times, a while ago now. I knew a lovely bloke called Martin there
9.gif

I don''t mind telling you what I want to spend. In english money its £3800. This will get me a 1.22 J SI-1 round brilliant. It a ACA from Whiteflash. I had originally chosen a plain platinum setting too but I am rethinking this so it may cost me a few hundred quid more. We had been looking in places like Northern Goldsmiths, Ernest Jones and Beaverbrooks but I wouldn''t be able to get anything near what I am getting from any of those shops. My biggest gripe is that none of the sales assistants know anything about diamonds! Its really strange that I know more than they do!

You are right about this site being lethal! I would have my ring by now if I hadn''t found PS! BUT it wouldn''t have been as gorgeous as the one I will end up with.
I know what you mean about the high street jewellers, they haven''t got a clue! Hopefully, if and when the time comes I will have to pick your brains about importing a stone. I can''t wait to see your ring, it will be fantastic and huge, certainly by British standards. I have somehow convinced myself that I need nothing less than two carats, in an eternity setting, poor bloke.

I am so excited for you and and I absolutely love the picture on your Avatar, so sweet. I just have to work out how to get toyboy, labrador, jack russell, cat, guinea pig and horse in one for me!
35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 2:38:04 AM
Author: Samantha Red

Date: 2/8/2007 1:05:58 PM
Author: Maisiebelle
I have been to Notts a couple of times, a while ago now. I knew a lovely bloke called Martin there
9.gif

I don''t mind telling you what I want to spend. In english money its £3800. This will get me a 1.22 J SI-1 round brilliant. It a ACA from Whiteflash. I had originally chosen a plain platinum setting too but I am rethinking this so it may cost me a few hundred quid more. We had been looking in places like Northern Goldsmiths, Ernest Jones and Beaverbrooks but I wouldn''t be able to get anything near what I am getting from any of those shops. My biggest gripe is that none of the sales assistants know anything about diamonds! Its really strange that I know more than they do!

You are right about this site being lethal! I would have my ring by now if I hadn''t found PS! BUT it wouldn''t have been as gorgeous as the one I will end up with.
I know what you mean about the high street jewellers, they haven''t got a clue! Hopefully, if and when the time comes I will have to pick your brains about importing a stone. I can''t wait to see your ring, it will be fantastic and huge, certainly by British standards. I have somehow convinced myself that I need nothing less than two carats, in an eternity setting, poor bloke.

I am so excited for you and and I absolutely love the picture on your Avatar, so sweet. I just have to work out how to get toyboy, labrador, jack russell, cat, guinea pig and horse in one for me!
35.gif
lol well good luck on getting the horse in there with the rest of them! Thats something I would like to see!!

2ct sounds fab to me! I am hoping to end up with at least that one day! I am starting off with the 1.2 and he thinks I don''t want to upgrade!
31.gif

I will definitely show pictures when I eventually get the ring - and you are right it will be huge compared to standards here. Most people have less than .70! YEY!!!!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you should buy the stone from WF but have it set locally. I bought my stone from WF and I had it set in New York, but I live near Los Angeles! Now that I have my ring all set, I am in love with it, but I''ve lost a melee stone out of it and I really don''t want to send it all the way across the country to have the setter fix it. Would you want to send your ring across the Atlantic to have it fixed? Just something to think about.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 3:50:36 PM
Author: sunkist
Maybe you should buy the stone from WF but have it set locally. I bought my stone from WF and I had it set in New York, but I live near Los Angeles! Now that I have my ring all set, I am in love with it, but I''ve lost a melee stone out of it and I really don''t want to send it all the way across the country to have the setter fix it. Would you want to send your ring across the Atlantic to have it fixed? Just something to think about.
I have considered having the stone set locally. It would cost quite a lot but its a possibility as I wouldn''t want to keep sending the ring across the ocean
1.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Hi Maisie,

I''m doing the long-distance ring thing too, and I''m totally happy about doing it. I''ve gone with Wink - he''s really nice, found me the stone of my dreams and above all I trust hime and appreciate the time he spends trying to educate us all on the link!

It''s always nerveracking, but it''s in their interests to keep us PS''ers happy than any other customer.

You are so right about UK salespeople - I wanted to look as some tsavorites in person - no-one had even heard of them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results