shape
carat
color
clarity

Mara, I think you''re the "other" woman!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
I''ll try to make a very long story short, but I think Mara is the other woman in my life! When my boyfriend of almost three years went Christmas shopping with me last year, we had the opportunity to go to several malls, and it never failed he wanted to window shop at the different jewelry stores. Now since I would normally have to drag him into a mall, much less a jewelry store, I thought this was a little odd, but he said that he wanted to get my opinion on possible jewelry for his Dad to give his Mom for their 50th. wedding anniversary coming up this month. I wasn''t really buying that story - he HATES to shop - but whatever, I love to look! We always ended up looking at eternity rings and he asked how I felt about them verses possibly a three stone ring. I adore eternity rings, and I told him that if and when we decide to set a date, (we''re both previously married and a little gun shy) that I would rather have just an eternity ring for a wedding band. He thought I meant in addition to an engagement ring, but I told him no, just the eternity band. Well, since then, I''ve walked in on hushed phone conversations between him and his sister-in-law, and heard the name Mara come up more than once! He always changes the subject very quickly, and I must admit, I was beginning to get jealous. He is not the cheating type, he is the sweetest, kindest man I have ever met, but damn, I''m thinking who is Mara and why is he talking about her! Well yesterday, my newly engaged niece calls me and says that I have got to check out the "eye candy" in the Pricescope web page. Her diamond is in a temporary setting while she decides what she wants. I have never heard of Pricescope, but I found it and WOW!, whose name comes up repeatedly but MARA! Now I don''t know about you all, but that is not a common name! And the more I think about it, my boyfriend''s sister-in-law is the queen of internet shopping. So now I think he may be really up to something! So Mara, if you are the other woman, I was so happy to see that he has excellent taste! What little time I had to check out Pricescope was well spent. Everyone seems so nice and very well informed. I''ll have to keep you updated on this "fling" of his, and hopefully in less space than I''ve taken up today! But for now I have to get back to work. Bye everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow what a story!! Hmmm I don''t know about being the ''other woman'' (does that get me more baubles?!?) but if I can influence him in any diamond purchases for you, GREAT!!!
31.gif

Mara is not a common name, but I have met a few other gals with it....however I''m sure you are right...rather than him conversing with his sister-in-law about his new mistress, he may be lurking here on the diamond forum looking for something for you! And if he is...I bet he is freaking out now after seeing your post!!!

Haha, I love this stuff sometimes...the stories are soo random!! Please keep us posted!!
1.gif

Lora

Shiny_Rock
I will certainly keep you posted. And he will never see this post, he doesn''t use the computer. Now maybe his sister-in-law will, but I know she would never say anything to him. She and I are really close. I''m dying to ask her, but I don''t dare. I just hope you are the Mara that they talk about! If you''re not, my SIL is going to think I''m nutty nuts!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh, I love a mystery!!! I hope the SIL sees this thread and helps solve it!

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results