shape
carat
color
clarity

Many Thank To PriceScope - Sapphire Engagement Ring

mbakercad

Rough_Rock
I want to say thanks to this forum and it's members. In a previous season of my life (10+ years ago) the information here helped me with an engagement ring purchase. This past year PriceScope came through for me again.

I wanted to do something different and go with a colored stone for an engagement ring. I felt my previous experience left me with some decent knowledge on Diamonds but I knew little to nothing about colored stones. I decided upon a Sapphire based upon my research and found a couple of dealers I felt comfortable with due to the positive feedback they got on this site. I only chose one over the other because he had the size and shape I was looking for.

Next up I had to find a setting. I browsed many of sites and photos for inspiration until I found a few I liked. Unfortunately those retailers either wanted an extreme premium because of a designers name attached to it or they would only sell the setting if you also purchased a stone from them. I made a post looking for suggestions and I got the most helpful advice.

What I ended up with is a 2.96 Cushion Ceylon Sapphire from Gary of FineWaterGems.com
Then I had David Klass make the custom setting in Platinum.

I could not be more happy with results and neither could my fiancé, she said yes BTW! I love how she raves over it every opportunity she gets.

Photos complements of David Klass.

img_10539.jpg

img_10540.jpg

img_0634.jpg

img_0640.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, your new engagement ring is really beautiful and elegant.

S

SparkliesLuver

Congrats! :appl: The ring turned out beautifully. I hope you come back and post more pictures on her hand once you receive it. ;-) Do you know if she plans to wear a wedding band with it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great. Congrats on the upcoming engagement and beautiful ring! :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! You did a wonderful job creating it! :appl:

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is absolutely gorgeous!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It's beautiful, you did very well.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness that's one amazing ring! Congrats on doing such a great job! :appl: :appl:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
A knock-out! Wow, just well done. Congratulations!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Gorgeous ring!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations!! Timeless beauty. I so wish my husband had a forum like PS when he bought my ring (but in fairness to him, we didn't have the internet :shhh: )

arabella

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful! I love everything about it. You did a wonderful job. Congratulations on your engagement!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have such an amazing ring :love: :love: :love: It's really stunning from every angle.
You have made some great choices.

cloreene

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

mbakercad

Rough_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1454071253|3983480 said:
Congrats! :appl: The ring turned out beautifully. I hope you come back and post more pictures on her hand once you receive it. ;-) Do you know if she plans to wear a wedding band with it?

Actually I been very slow to post this thread. I popped the question this fall and she has been wearing it ever since. ;-)

I do need to get a nice photo if it on her hand, good idea. She does plan on wearing a wedding band. I'll likely have David Klass make one. already planning something rather simple. Platinum with a band of diamonds inset along the top. My fiancé will be an RN and I think she may wear just the band at work once she receives it.

mbakercad

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results