shape
carat
color
clarity

Many SuperbCert diamonds dated 2001 on GIA certificate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sqwazy

Rough_Rock
Checking out the diamonds available on the SuperbCert site I noticed that many had a date (on the GIA certificate) sometime in 2001. I think of the 10 diamonds I looked at (1.1-1.3 VVS-SI1 D-H) about 7 where over a year old. My question is why?

I don''t mean to step on any toes (I think this is a very legitimate question), but why would SuperbCert have such old inventory?

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Answer is simple... Those stones were not sold... Remember that it all
depends on the turnover of the dealer. If your dealer as plenty of cash
in inventory (diamonds with "old" certificate) he'll be more than happy
to sell fast all the stones he can so he'll have more free cash in his pockets.
That's another way to get a good deal when it's time to speak about $$$.

I wont be afraid at all by stones with certs dating back in 2000 or 2001 as long
as your get a full independant appraisal after purchase.

Trichrome.

Sqwazy

Rough_Rock
That's the conclusion I came to at first. But then I asked myself, why would SuperbCert have low turnover? You'd assume a dealer who sells high quality diamonds at a good price would have no inventory problems.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Swazy,
Those "old" certs can become "new" again by simply sending the stone back to the lab for rechecking or for laser engraving. As long as the diamond itself isnt giving you second thoughts & has measured up to what you want, then dont worry about the cert.

Judy
:)

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
A diamond could easily have been purchased in 2002 (or 2003 for that matter) from a manufacturer or cutter that had the stone certed in 2001.

Sometimes you'll have a diamond come back fresh on the resale market with an even older cert. If the cert's fine, why not use it? A dealer trying to keep his markup down for the consumer is going to be reluctant to go through needless additional re-certing expense just for appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results