shape
carat
color
clarity

Man''s Platinum Wedding Band Size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondjane

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

This site has been a tremendous help to me in the past. I''m hoping someone can help me with this question.

My finance and I are getting married next week and we''ve been looking at plain platinum bands for him. He''s not wild about the feeling of jewelry, let alone a ring. What would be the typical band thickness for someone like him, 4 mm, 6 mm?

Hope someone out there has experience with this.

Thanks.

Spyder

Rough_Rock
The width depends on the shape and size of one's hand. Be sure to get something comfy to wear!

BTO

Rough_Rock
Hi Jane,

I responded to your previous post, but I thought I'd reply here, too. My husband never wore jewelry before we got married, so putting on a ring was very foreign--i.e. it was hard for him to get used to the feel of a ring. We went with comfort fit because, well, they're very comfortable!
tongue.gif
I'd definitely recommend the comfort fit, it will make the transition from "bachelor hand" to "married man hand" easier!

As far as the width goes, you can see my ramblings in response to your other post. hee hee.
tongue.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
If he's not crazy about jewelry maybe a polished titanium ring, there so light it's like wearing nothing. My brother-in-law wears one for that very reason.

Meraj

Rough_Rock
I know guys just like him, who does not like wearing rings too and it appears that they were happy with a 2.5mm width. Be sure to get the size on the bigger side as people who hate rings will feel uncomfortable when the ring finger retains water and the ring begins to feel tight. He won't wear the ring then. Also, I would not recommend titanium or platinum as when it wears (especially if he has a rough occupation and works with his hands)it begins to look like a dirty silver ring. I'd go for the gold. (Just my experience and talking with others).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results