shape
carat
color
clarity

Man chews off another man's face

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The attack lasted 18 minutes before the police got there. OMG. Bleh. What do you even say about something like this? Of course the cop did the only ethical thing and this man won't be a threat to anyone else but the poor victim. Wow.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TristanC|1338481243|3206788 said:
This isn't pro life, but a big props to the cop who shot the assailant.

We do NOT need that kind of people roaming the streets. Anyone's streets. If arrested and then processed, rehabilitated, whatever. Dead and gone is best. Doesn't change the outcome, but it is the soundest prevention of a repeat incident.

I wish the cop shot the assailant earlier... so that the poor victim would have more of a face left.

His mom, girlfriend and friend disagree. Mom says shooting wasn't necessary.
Based on reports, I doubt he would have been subdued by taser.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/31/face-attackers-mother-my-son-was-no-zombie/?hpt=hp_t2

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
mary poppins|1338499145|3206926 said:
TristanC|1338481243|3206788 said:
This isn't pro life, but a big props to the cop who shot the assailant.

We do NOT need that kind of people roaming the streets. Anyone's streets. If arrested and then processed, rehabilitated, whatever. Dead and gone is best. Doesn't change the outcome, but it is the soundest prevention of a repeat incident.

I wish the cop shot the assailant earlier... so that the poor victim would have more of a face left.

His mom, girlfriend and friend disagree. Mom says shooting wasn't necessary.
Based on reports, I doubt he would have been subdued by taser.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/31/face-attackers-mother-my-son-was-no-zombie/?hpt=hp_t2

Yes, everyone has a parent and some have siblings. I would mourn my own brother if he was shot. but if he was shot while naked, and eating another person's face... I would understand that he is in a place better suited to him.

What would you do with him once tasered? Psyche evaluation? Process and rehabilitate? make a movie? Best that he is shot, dead, and the world can move on.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I think I've figured out whose fault this death is (aside from the drug-deranged psychopath)

The House has passed legislation that would outlaw "bath salts" and other chemical concoctions, sold at convenience stores and on the Internet as legal highs — and implicated in deaths and accidental poisonings around the country. But the legislation is stuck in the Senate, where Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., is keeping it from reaching a floor vote.

Congressional supporters hoped to bypass the lengthy regulatory process for banning the chemicals by passing a law that adds them to the banned list. But Paul, a libertarian who says criminal justice is the purview of the states, placed a hold on the federal legislation that prevents the Senate from debating it.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., a former prosecutor who proposed legislation to ban the synthetic hallucinogens, said she and several other senators are trying to persuade Paul to lift his block and allow debate on the Senate floor.
USA Today 4/12/2012

I feel you can put this victim, as well as many others, right at the feet of the asinine Senator from Kentucky. :evil:

These drugs, and others such as "synthetic marijuana" are for sale in head shops and on the internet! Meanwhile, god forbid you should drink a large coke in NYC. :rolleyes:

Next persons that says "the war on drugs is a waste of money" will get a tongue-lashing from me! :(

Full article, detailing effects of all these new synthetic drugs ; http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/story/2012-04-11/synthetic-drugs-bath-salts/54187138/1

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1338310708|3205561 said:
Police suspect the attacker was under the influence of bath salts (no, not the kind you put in the tub to relax!). Very nasty synthetic drug. The victim lost 75-80% of his face. Yikes!

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/29/reports-miami-zombie-attacker-may-have-been-using-bath-salts/?hpt=hp_t2

We were discussing this at work today. Bath Salts (synthetic Meth) is SCARY, scary stuff. My supervisor said she heard this has not been the first "chewing" incident. Meth does cause repetitive "biting" or "grinding" but this is above and beyond the typical reaction. It causes homicidal, suicidal, paranoia, intense anger, picking at skin, etc. I wish people knew how dangerous it was. From what I have heard from patients it is not even a "good high" but the craving is SO intense. Probably the most intense of any drug around.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ilander, Really ALL drugs are easy to get but the synthetics are especially. The legal system is sloooow and all they have to do is change one molecule and reintroduce it to the public with a lame warning saying it is not for consumption. They used to be sold at gas stations! Meanwhile people are dying.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Not sure how many saw, but there have been several instances this week, and also a case of severe self mutilation where the guy threw parts of his own body at police. I had a very strange dream about all of this the other night that I wish I could get clarification on. :errrr:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results