shape
carat
color
clarity

Mama''s RH tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
So, I took my mom to a Richard Homer roundtable last night - AMAZING, btw! She fell absolutely in love (of course, as did I!) and she decided that life wouldn''t be complete without an octogonal-shaped baby pink tourmaline. It''s absolutely stunning! It''s pretty much her first major gem (hmmm, maybe even jewelry!) purchase, so she was like a kid in a candy store - so fun! Anyway, she doesn''t really know what to do with it, except that she wants to make a right hand ring. She also doesn''t want it to look like a cocktail ring, and she wants it to sit low. She doesn''t care whether it''s white or yellow gold, but she wants to keep it simple as to not completely overshadow her rb solitatire (thin yg plain setting, 1/2 ct) wedding set.

--Not sure when I''ll be able to get pics of her beautiful tourmaline....but of course I''ll be posting as soon as I do!

--And I can''t remember the specs, but it''s pretty good size. I''m going to venture at about 6-8mm diameter?

Any intitial ideas I can shoot her way? (I know, this is a lot easier when there are pics!) Also...what is the hardness of tourmaline? I was in such a bling daze that I didn''t even think to ask...is it OK making this into a ring?

TIA!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on what I''m 100% sure is a stunner. Tourmalines have a hardness of 7 on the MOH scale (I think) and are perfectly fine set in a ring (as long as it isn''t a 24/7 ring). Don''t forget pictures.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results