shape
carat
color
clarity

Mall Store Jeweler Story/Dilemma -please read

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vtine214

Rough_Rock
Hello All, I''ve been lurking for quite a while since getting engaged in January. I have a bit of a dillema as far as my e-ring goes. My fiance bought my ring at a mall jeweler. He ended up with a quad set diamond ring. I explained that, traditionally, e-rings have one center stone. We went back and forth to the store and decided on a .70 carat princess cut to replace the 4 stones in the original ring. I just visited the store today and the mounting was crooked! What''s even worse is that I''m not sure if we can return it (we''re still w/in the 90 day policy) because we asked for the center stone to be placed in the setting. I still need to confirm with the jewelry store that it''s not returnable - the reason I think this is because they say no custom jewelry can be returned. I wanted to keep the original setting/ring he proposed to me with and just replace the center with one stone instead of 4. We also misunderstood and thought the total would be close to $3k but it''s $3700. Now that I''ve been looking online at the PS vendors, I know we can get a better deal at the online stores. Please help, any advice would be so much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without knowing the store''s policies, the only thing I could suggest is to take the ring back to the store and tell them you want to return it for a refund. If they refuse, ask to speak to the manager - particularly if you are within the return window. They may not refund the amount of the setting but hopefully they will refund the price of the stone.

Good luck - let us know how it goes!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have to a gree with MGR. I''m sorry about your situation.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Even if you can''t return the setting maybe you can return the center diamond. I would go in and check as soon as possible
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the other ladies. Go and talk to the store and try to return it. If they won''t accept the return on the setting, the custom part, then fair enough, but I''d aim high and ask for a return for the entire thing.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once they altered the ring they consider that custom work and probably won''t take it back or refund the money. Hopefully they will return the money for the new center stone for you. Good luck.

vtine214

Rough_Rock
First, thank you ALL for your responses. Being my first post, I wasn''t sure if they just get lost in a shuffle without anyone responding. I will talk to the store tomorrow to see what they will do. I agree, AIM HIGH, ask for an entire refund, and see what they say. Now, a second question, should I ask for the 4 center diamonds back that were in the original quad set? I''m wondering if they will just let us pay for the setting and subtract the credit for the stones from what we owe. I suppose I''ll see what they say...I''ll keep everyone posted.

BTW, is there a way to see if there have been replies to my post without having to search for my post in all the forums? Thanks for any/all help as, again, I''m fairly new. That being said, I''m extremely pleased that I signed up and decided to ask for your advice.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results