shape
carat
color
clarity

Maligarnet ring from Sally

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
First a collage of the maligarnet. I bought it from Multicolour and was so pleased. None of these pictures really capture its vibrant and fiery personality.

malicollage.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
This is pretty true to color, but doesn''t begin to show the liveliness of this gem
10.gif

hienokuva.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Sideview, as usual, Sally's work is awesome. I just asked for a prong setting, she did all the rest. (my three year old is modeling
9.gif
)

pulleakasi.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Another of the delicate rope design.

sivustatakassa.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Sally''s work never seems to disappoint!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Looking bright...

sivuetu.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
From the back, this one is stackable, therefore there is a small platform connecting with the band.

takaa.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great in the pillbox. I think good stones can be had from MC but it takes more searching these days.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Last one, thanks for looking
1.gif

tultajatappuraa.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I like that last pic..stone looks good especially in the last pic...very nice..whats the weight?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MTG. You know, I''ve never been disappointed with her work. I think she''s honest, skilled and her work is really reasonably priced.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 9:12:25 AM
Author: Chrono
It looks great in the pillbox. I think good stones can be had from MC but it takes more searching these days.

Hi Chrono, thanks for chiming in. This design is with rope so although it resembles the pillbox, I think strictly speaking it would be something else. I haven''t tired of Heart of Water styled filigree yet
11.gif

I agree about Multicolour. It''s for the discerning buyer. This is one of two Malis that I stalked for a year. Although this one is not close to the priciest they had, the others were all too brown or yellow, or colors I didn''t like.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 9:16:07 AM
Author: amethystguy
I like that last pic..stone looks good especially in the last pic...very nice..whats the weight?

Hi amethystguy, nice to see you in this thread. Here are the specs:

(YMA104ae )
2.44 CTS,
8.60 X 7.50 MM,
Cushion, Slightly included

None of these pictures really do the stone justice, but the last one and the blurry one come close. The stone is shimmering, there is something happening in it all the time. But don''t put it close to yellow gold, it goes blah in a second.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love the color of that stone. I hear you on the yellow gold bit; I put mine in a yellow gold setting and it just disappeared.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone and pretty ring design. I love my mali, and I agree about the yellow gold. After much thought, mine went into a white gold LOGR which works great.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is beautiful. I love the color.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!
3.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 9:30:31 AM
Author: Kismet
Very pretty! I love the color of that stone. I hear you on the yellow gold bit; I put mine in a yellow gold setting and it just disappeared.

It''s so funny Kismet, I was so stubborn with the metal color and Sally kept saying she thinks a white metal would be best. When it arrived and I wore the ring together with two gold bands, I was so happy I listened to her. I couldn''t imagine yellow gold would be so bad!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks mr ma_re, I appreciate it
1.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 10:02:37 AM
Author: Fly Girl
Lovely stone and pretty ring design. I love my mali, and I agree about the yellow gold. After much thought, mine went into a white gold LOGR which works great.

Hi Fly Girl, I remember yours, it''s gorgeous. So much fire! So hard to get accurate photos of, though, don''t you think?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Marcyc, the color is exactly what I see this time of year when the evening sun shines through leaves. Sigh
1.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you kribbie, you have so many beauties I''ve admired!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful Marie- I too will be putting mine in a white color metal as my Mali garnet kinda clashed with YG and almost blends in. I love her work. Just scrumptious.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 11:21:19 AM
Author: D&T
beautiful Marie- I too will be putting mine in a white color metal as my Mali garnet kinda clashed with YG and almost blends in. I love her work. Just scrumptious.

Thank you D&T. I can''t wait to see your Mali set
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring! The mali looks incredibly lively. Mali.... yum, definitely on my list
18.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, love the rope design.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love Mali garnets, yours must sparkles heaps in real life!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results