shape
carat
color
clarity

Mali is set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Jim from James Allen sent me a few pictures of my Mali. I don''t have the ring yet and won''t until Monday but I wanted to go ahead and post the pictures that were sent to me! I''m really anxious to see how this ring looks in person - I''m hoping it shows a lot more green than is shown in the pictures because it IS an extremely green stone so we''ll see!

6.5mm Mali in James Allen Timeless Solitaire setting .. green gold basket and white gold shank.

setmalicts.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
The prongs are such a nice touch! Very pretty! I can''t wait to see some hand shots.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I think it''s going to look great IRL. Can''t wait to see pics!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah very very nice.

Oh I''m loving the setting and the green gold! Did changing the gold color really up the price of the setting? I''m asking ''cause I do like JA and I''d love to get a Mali in my future. THANKS

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all! I''m terrified that I''m going to get it and hate it .. I like the pictures (yes, just like ..) but don''t think that they do the ring justice - atleast I''m hoping they don''t!. The Mali looks rather boring and yellowish/brownish and the green gold looks yellow so we''ll see! I know two-tone is something that I''m going to have to get used to but I really hope that I love it.

Stone Hunter - Jim had to OK the green gold with Danhov and they did give the ok but there was no price difference between the green and yellow gold.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic looking ring... I love that look...
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/8/2009 4:53:15 PM
Author: MommaChristine
Thanks all! I''m terrified that I''m going to get it and hate it .. I like the pictures (yes, just like ..) but don''t think that they do the ring justice - atleast I''m hoping they don''t!. The Mali looks rather boring and yellowish/brownish and the green gold looks yellow so we''ll see! I know two-tone is something that I''m going to have to get used to but I really hope that I love it.

Stone Hunter - Jim had to OK the green gold with Danhov and they did give the ok but there was no price difference between the green and yellow gold.
It does appear to have a brownish cast in the photos, but perhaps you''ll be pleasantly surprised. You loved the stone enough to get it set, so perhaps it''s just a really bad picture. In any case, the workmanship on that ring is lovely, and I like the two tone look and the basket. Take pics when you get it.

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
TL - The stone itself really has no brown in it. It''s a lovely vivid green. Is it possible for colored gold to cause that or is it more likely to just be the way the pictures are?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think the pic looks great! I love the prongs and the green gold as well! Just lovely!!
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/8/2009 7:00:20 PM
TL - The stone itself really has no brown in it. It''s a lovely vivid green. Is it possible for colored gold to cause that or is it more likely to just be the way the pictures are?
Sometimes if there is a hue in there that you cannot easily see, a metal color might bring it out more. Vividness is subjective to the eye, so that is why there are tools to help determine the level of vividness and unwanted secondary hues in a gem.

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Thanks D&T and Cushion for the compliments! Thanks to you TL for yours as well and your honest opinion!

I reeeeeeeeally hope the gold didn''t ruin the pretty green of the stone! I''m keeping my fingers crossed .. it''s going to be a long weekend waiting for Monday!

lgcuo.jpg

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
23.gif

I emailed asking if the gold brought out the brown hue and this is the response I got ..

Relax. Enjoy the weekend. Email me Monday.

Seriously?! GREAT! Easier said than done ..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m hoping the real thing looks better than JA''s pictures. The setting looks well made though.

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
You and me both, Chrono. I figure I could always just get it replated in white gold if it came down to it (can they even do that?!).

I recieved another email saying:

Don''t trust pics. It will be beautiful.
All the best.

So - until Monday I will take his advice and relax. Besides .. by Monday I''ll be vacationing in FL! Yaaaaay!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, all metals can be plated to whatever colour you wish. Well, it''s the weekend now so might as well TRY to put it out of your mind until Monday.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
It looks like the lighting may have washed out the colors a bit. I actually really like it, the prongs are a nice touch. Very pretty!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info about the setting. Danhov I like them. Hope you love the stone in the setting. I know that it can be plated or covered in white, but maybe you won''t have to do it.

Post photos as soon as you can. We are all waiting to see how the color turned out.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
MommaChristine- I bet you''re going to love it! The photos are not the best; I bet it''s lovely in person. Hope Monday gets here soon for you
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2009 8:46:15 PM
23.gif

I emailed asking if the gold brought out the brown hue and this is the response I got ..

Relax. Enjoy the weekend. Email me Monday.

Seriously?! GREAT! Easier said than done ..
Wow, that wasn''t very informative/reassuring, was it?

I hope it''s everything you want it to be. I love the setting, it lets the stone be the star.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m really loving the gold prongs with your stone! really makes it pop.

mz

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock

Sorry this took me so long .. I''m on vacation and have been in Disney for the past 5 days but am now on an island where I can finally relax.

I am absolutely thrilled with my ring. It''s so delicate and feminine and the two tone looks amazing. The stone doesn''t have a strong brown hue, so everything is ok!

Here''s a major picture overload from the day I picked up the ring. I''ll take more and hopefully better pictures before I leave the island. I can''t seem to capture the bright green of this stone! I''ll see it through my camera but it captures as more of a goldish/yellow. Any advice?!

malins1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results