shape
carat
color
clarity

Making the Best of My Pink Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pink_Ice

Rough_Rock
Hello

I feel very fortunate to be an owner of a 1ct. pink diamond ring. My DH knew how much I loved pink diamonds and found the best diamond he could afford. It is beautiful in the right light but there are moments when you cannot see the color. It has blue fluorescence so in UV light it looks white, in lower light or against a white backdrop you can see the pink. It is a cushion cut set in 18K white gold with trillion white side stones that help with the contrast. However, I am thinking a rose gold setting will do the best job of showing its beauty. Should I set the center in rose gold if I have a Light Pink diamond or will it look white like some yellows do when set in yellow gold? Also, I thought about a pink halo in rose gold for the center. Could that bring out the beauty? I will keep this ring forever but would like to change the setting to make the best of it.

webz

Rough_Rock
Hi Pink,

Pick a ring design that creates contrast between your Pink and some white stones, either using side stones or melee in a pave' mounting.
Then subtly surround your pink diamond with 18k rose gold.

Good luck,

Ariel

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay. Here''s the deal. I do not feel that anyone here can or should offer advice without first seeing a pic of this stone in any and all lighting environments. You must seriously take a bajillion pics and post them immediately. This is the ONLY way we could help you.
9.gif
11.gif
31.gif
18.gif

But seriously folks, yes rose gold would be my choice for setting a pink. I think a rose gold halo with extra bright white diamonds for contrast would be delicious. But seriously without pics, I just don''t think I want to help.
2.gif
Are you sensing a theme here?

shay

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Part of my e-ring has pave pink diamonds set in rose gold surrounded by white gold with white damonds. I think the rose gold definitely brings out the pink color. If I were you, I would do a rose gold and pink diamond halo on top of a white gold/white diamond band
emteeth.gif

Pink_Ice

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I''ve attached the only picture I have (sorry about the angle). Like I said, it''s great against a white background.

ring21707.GIF

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 8:05:44 PM
Author: Pink_Ice
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I''ve attached the only picture I have (sorry about the angle). Like I said, it''s great against a white background.
Oooooh, thank you, Pink. It''s just lurvly. I big puffy heart it. A rose gold halo would be delicious.

shay

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, rose gold would look amazing!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rose gold will make it pop, I say go for it!!
36.gif

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful. I would say rose gold as well, with high colour diamonds around it! Enjoy and please post pics when you get it!
36.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do something like this (Cind11''s ring by Maytal Hannah), but reverse it and have the rose gold around the center stone and white stones around the halo.

MaytalCind11.jpg

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
O-M-G.

How gorgeous that would be in the above setting.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
ooooooooohhhhh, Pink Ice.... oh my.
30.gif
You are fortunate! I would love to see more pictures, if you ever take them.

I suggest doing a google image search on fancy pink diamond rings and looking for stones that approximate the color and size of yours - see how they''ve been set. You can drag them on to your desktop and into Photoshop and adjust the pink to be as close to yours as possible. It may help you visualize things better. What fun!

pinkrings.jpg

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Some jewelers set these light hue''s pink''s in a center setting with an enclosed basket made of rose gold..., depending on the angle''s of your pavilion (if shallow) it might reflect the pink onto the pavilion!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/25/2008 1:13:13 AM
Author: DiaGem

Some jewelers set these light hue''s pink''s in a center setting with an enclosed basket made of rose gold..., depending on the angle''s of your pavilion (if shallow) it might reflect the pink onto the pavilion!
We have done that with a highly polished pink cup under the stone - far enough away that you can blast dirt out with a steam cleaner, and 4 prongs so there is a small gap like in some of the images posted above

Pink_Ice

Rough_Rock
These are all great ideas. The consensus is to go with rose gold and I think that is the best option. I like the idea of the closed basket to reflect more pink. I am debating the halo option. As you can see I like clean lines and halos are a bit over the top but I am thinking about a toned down version of this ring:

http://www.greggruthbridal.com/rings/start.php?style=B889

I would do it with a plain shank sans the pave diamonds. I think the Gregg Ruth style would use the existing stones in a beautiful way. I don''t want a huge overhaul, I just want to enhance the beauty.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I love the setting that you have it in now. What if you had the prongs changed to rose gold and lefet the rest as is? I think that the rose prongs might make the stone pop a bit more...maybe?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 12:31:30 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Gosh, I love the setting that you have it in now. What if you had the prongs changed to rose gold and lefet the rest as is? I think that the rose prongs might make the stone pop a bit more...maybe?
I also like your current setting, and would be tempted to have a duplicate made with the basket for the center stone in rose gold and the shank and prongs for the side stones in white gold or platinum. Rangerman had a lovely setting with a rose gold head made for a pink tourmaline. I hope he does not mind me posting a picture of his setting so you can see what I''m talking about with the metal combo.

rangermanpinkasscher.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I love, love, love your diamond...very pretty!

I completely agree with the panel, rose gold all the way! Maybe tiny pink diamonds in the halo... I''d just "pink" the whole thing up to maximize whatcha got!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty diamond and I vote for rose gold too. Have fun designing your new ring.

Pink_Ice

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I just wanted to follow up since I didn''t log on over the weekend. I spoke with DH and told him my suggestion and he thinks the halo is over the top but is willing to do whatever I want. So my final decision was to do a ring similar to this design below but definitely toned down. It is going to take us a while to get it re-set because our jeweler isn''t local so I will send pictures whenever it''s done. Thanks again for the suggestions!
21.gif
Sorry for those who liked my current setting but I don''t think simply replacing the center with rose gold will achieve the look that I want.

107_large.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see photos of the finished product!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results