shape
carat
color
clarity

Making of... 5 stone fancy yellow oval diamond halo band

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
hello :wavey: *Posted on the Colored Stone area but I thought it would be enjoyed here too* ;-)

It's been really frustrating to try to post this. For some reason I can't upload images from my computer and my phine has deleted this post at least three times!!! :angryfire:

Some had asked for more pics, and I figured I'd post that, along pics and a bit of the story of how the ring came to life.

Once I had the concept clear, I ordered the CAD in two versions with different sizes of melee. Wanted to see and compare the melee to FCD ovals to finger proportions. Once I had both, I chose the smaller size of melee since I figured the ovals would add some height that might add a little more finger coverage.

This render was before I asked for the bases where the FCD would sit and the prongs to be yellow gold
image_3482.jpg
Then the render with the changes made
image_3483.jpg

Once I had that, A "problem" came up. Having the "beds" for the ovals gold plated in yellow, it would mean that probably with wear and tear and over the years, the gold plating would fade away and it would look ugly. And the thought of having to take the FCD out and back in the setting a few times over time made me cringe because of the tiny and sharp claw prongs. i know, I know. Probably thinking too far down the road and about possible worse case scenarios. But I figured if There was a way to avoid that, I might as well do it right from the get go! So after consulting and going back and forth, I decided to "split" the CAD and ask for two separate files. One for the ring, one for the "beds". The ring would be casted in white, the "beds" would be casted in yellow.
_30001.jpg
image_3484.jpg

Here are pics of the individual parts of the ring. Still rough,not polished.
image_3485.jpg
image_3486.jpg
sorry for the poor quAlity of pics. Phone is not awesome in bad lighting :oops:
Then here images of beds in place and polished ring ready to be rhodiumed and stones set
image_3487.jpg
image_3488.jpg
image_3489.jpg
image_3490.jpg
image_3491.jpg
and finally finished! Excuse the messy areas. That was at the workshop with my jeweler. And also here the lighting doesn't do justice.
image_3492.jpg
More pics :appl:
image_3493.jpg
image_3494.jpg
image_3495.jpg
image_3496.jpg
image_3497.jpg
image_3498.jpg
image_3499.jpg
image_3500.jpg
image_3501.jpg
image_3502.jpg
image_3503.jpg
ok, ok. I'll stop. :naughty: :lickout:
ETA: Sorry for the screenshots. I have so many photos in the phone and they are all over the place so the easier and faster way to "group" them was to take screenshots so they'd all show up at the end :oops:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
This is a really cool post as I love seeing the design work in action photos. The end result is gorgeous. I love the yellow color and the overall effect looks so unique. It looks bling-a-licious on your hand, too. :love: Enjoy!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this piece is perfect.. perfection.. I love it!!! thank you so much for sharing it. congratulations.. :love: :love:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love a good sparkly band! and yours is even more special because it has yellows :love:
Thanks for sharing your journey :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, I just LOVE this ring. It looks fabulous on you, BTW. Good going! Enjoyed seeing the CADs and the in-progress shots too, thank you.

Would you share who the jeweler is? I think they did an amazing job. Congrats to you! :love: :appl:

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
Tekate|1431013954|3873462 said:
this piece is perfect.. perfection.. I love it!!! thank you so much for sharing it. congratulations.. :love: :love:
Thank you! My mind is still blown away by how much it sparkles! :love:

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
Tekate|1431013954|3873462 said:
OMG... Thanks Tekate! Those are awesome words :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results