color
clarity

Making an effort

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agh !
Ive been two years at home not working, ive almost gone ferel
two years mostly in bare feet
Its been so long since ive shaped my eyebrows with the amount of grey and sporadic regrowth its almost a lost cause and i might just resort to an eye brow pencil
But i have to get myself presentable and job interview ready
Earings !
Today it took 2 hours but i finally got all 6 earings into the piercings
It has been a lot longer than 2 years since ive worn a full compliment
I gotta get back into practice of getting ready for work
So im going to post my earing ensemble every day till it becomes a good habit (thats about 3 weeks right ?)

Baby steps i know !
Its just that earing thread that's going right now made me look at all my earings and im feeling inspired to make some sort of effort again

how is everyone else doing ?

On the plus side (literly) i fit my clothes about the same as i did 2 years ago - that's not great because my job interview and good clothes are smaller - but its not completly bad either

Not job interview ready, but its a start

Attachments

• 20210118_150722.jpg
    20210118_150722.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 39

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agh !
Ive been two years at home not working, ive almost gone ferel
two years mostly in bare feet
Its been so long since ive shaped my eyebrows with the amount of grey and sporadic regrowth its almost a lost cause and i might just resort to an eye brow pencil
But i have to get myself presentable and job interview ready
Earings !
Today it took 2 hours but i finally got all 6 earings into the piercings
It has been a lot longer than 2 years since ive worn a full compliment
I gotta get back into practice of getting ready for work
So im going to post my earing ensemble every day till it becomes a good habit (thats about 3 weeks right ?)

Baby steps i know !
Its just that earing thread that's going right now made me look at all my earings and im feeling inspired to make some sort of effort again

how is everyone else doing ?

On the plus side (literly) i fit my clothes about the same as i did 2 years ago - that's not great because my job interview and good clothes are smaller - but its not completly bad either

Not job interview ready, but its a start

:appl: :appl: :appl:

One day at a time, @Daisys and Diamonds !! I remember you had a nice and supportive Lady at the jobcentre. Any news?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

One day at a time, @Daisys and Diamonds !! I remember you had a nice and supportive Lady at the jobcentre. Any news?
Thank you for asking Kipari

Its still kind of the Christmas holidays here and i know their job brokers were mostly on leave

but the jobs on line are starting to pick up again so ive got a couple i can apply for tomorrow !

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for asking Kipari

Its still kind of the Christmas holidays here and i know their job brokers were mostly on leave

but the jobs on line are starting to pick up again so ive got a couple i can apply for tomorrow !

Great news, please keep us posted ( if you feel Iike it!).
Several to apply for sounds fantastic!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A small step is still a step so good effort.

Good luck in advance for the job interview! :))

During this 3rd lockdown, I CBA to put on a bra, whereas I did in the last two.

Apart from that, not much has changed as I have been WFH since September 2019.

If I were to visit a client etc., I would need to iron a shirt and place the trousers in the press. Dig out the shoes and give them a quick dusting and polish, find a new pair of ankle-length pop socks to go with them. Decide which jacket to wear, then the jewellery such as earrings, necklace, watch, rings, and bracelets.

The work bag will be packed to make sure I have the laptop and charger, pen case, mobile phone and charger, and purse with money and CCs, plus medications and sanitary items.

I have a packing list for longer trips to help me.

I would be unlikely to sleep well the night before, anxious for missing the alarms and being late, like I do now if I have a morning appointment of any kind.

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I’m just extremely vain (OK, I’ll admit it, I am) but at no time since we went in to lockdown last March have I not got up and put on make up. I‘ve kept up with my roots, kept my hair washed and styled, and got dressed everyday. It just makes me feel better not to let things slide, and helps me feel more ’normal’.

It’s a good idea to start getting yourself back in to the mindset of working @Daisys and Diamonds, good luck with the job hunt, hopefully something suitable will turn up soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck @Daisys and Diamonds! I hope you find your dream job soon! You deserve all the best. Sending you hugs.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you Daisy! It can be hard to get back into it after 2 years - I get it. I think exactly what you are doing - putting on earrings, thinking about work clothes, etc. is perfect preparation for what is to come. And I just have a feeling you are going to feel better in general once you are working again because I can tell you take pride in hard work. From your earrings you posted today, I especially like the pearls! I think pearls always look very classy and "put together". I am looking forward to coming back to this thread!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck! I hope you find something soon and get back into a routine. It's actually nice to look presentable after spending all this time at home. All the best!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go girl! Just take things gradually & let it become the new normal for your everyday routine.

How exciting to be job hunting too, the world is your oyster & any employer will be lucky to have you.

Please keep us posted!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck and a good way to start! I hope you find your dream job (if one exists)!! Don’t lose faith, it will happen!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with the interviews!

I've never stopped working since I graduated but I still go barefooted at all times at home and rarely bothered to shape my eyebrows. Do what feels comfortable to you. The new thing seems to be thick eyebrows so that's a plus!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing you the best of luck job hunting @Daisys and Diamonds ! Lots of baby steps and you'll get there!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Good luck, D&D. You probably already know this but who knows, maybe it will help someone else.

I've always heard that employers prefer applicants with a minimalist, conservative look because it supposedly gives a first impression as the person being a safe, serious and reliable employee choice, or something along those lines.

So if it was me, for interviews I would make sure the eyebrows were neatly trimmed with no strays, above style or beauty (unless you're looking for a job where the glam factor would be expected). And I'd probably only wear the pearl earrings to interviews. Keep us posted!

Last edited:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Daisy, you are sure to receive lots of good vibes, lucks & hugs from all of us - from all over the places :wavey:
Do keep us updated if you feel like it, remember that we will be here always giving you moral supports ;)2

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds you come across as such a warm, kind, generous-hearted person on here. I hope you don't mind me saying this. As Alex T said, any employer would be lucky to have you. Read up about the company you are joining, stay calm, be friendly and open, and you will be fine.

I fairly regularly interview new employees. The questions we ask ourselves are:

- Can they do the job? (relevant knowledge, experience, skills)

- Will they do the job? (work ethic, enthusiasm, professionalism, team player skills, etc)

- Are they a good fit? (workplaces and cultures vary wildly so there is no one size fits all advice for interviews - attributes that would be an advantage at my work may be a massive disadvantage somewhere else)

Don't get hung up about the physical side. I have worked closely with a number of female colleagues for several years, and couldn't tell you what earrings they wear, or even if they wear any at all. And I'm interested in jewellery! (As for their eyebrows... who knows). Just wear something that fits and is comfortable. If in doubt, less is always more as you want the focus to be on you, not your accessories. But don't give it too much headspace.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best of luck @Daisys and Diamonds! I love your daisy cap and your earrings! The pearl ones are especially pretty!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you show the same positive energy you do here, you have this!

Engaging friends/former co-workers in discussions and practice interviews ahead of time might be helpful. When I wanted to get back into an industry I had left earlier, it was a lunch with a former co-worker who brought my game up a notch - she updated me on where things were today and reminding me of applicable experience I had forgotten I had.

Admittedly, I've gone feral working from home so want to join you in the effort to start wearing more of my jewelry again.

P.S. Always good to start a new job when Springsteen isn't touring so you are settled and can take time off for when he does!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of job dust coming your way! :appl: My work uniform is usually a t-shirt, yoga pants, sandals. No one really gets to see me especially these days!! I treat my commute to work as I always have though, which is about 100 feet from the bedroom, and at the end of the day, shut the door to my office and commute home.

For me, its about keeping a very particular regimen. My office is truly office, and home is truly home. I can work some pretty heinous hours though unfortunately but its part of what I do.

I don't look forward to being in DC, and if I'm lucky, it will be skipped this year. (this is the only time I truly get dressed for business...lol)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A small step is still a step so good effort.

Good luck in advance for the job interview! :))

During this 3rd lockdown, I CBA to put on a bra, whereas I did in the last two.

Apart from that, not much has changed as I have been WFH since September 2019.

If I were to visit a client etc., I would need to iron a shirt and place the trousers in the press. Dig out the shoes and give them a quick dusting and polish, find a new pair of ankle-length pop socks to go with them. Decide which jacket to wear, then the jewellery such as earrings, necklace, watch, rings, and bracelets.

The work bag will be packed to make sure I have the laptop and charger, pen case, mobile phone and charger, and purse with money and CCs, plus medications and sanitary items.

I have a packing list for longer trips to help me.

I would be unlikely to sleep well the night before, anxious for missing the alarms and being late, like I do now if I have a morning appointment of any kind.

DK :))

After all this covid stay at home stuff packing for your appointment is almost as involved as packing for a holiday

....i do have a bra on today
walked up to the chemist at the neighbourhod shops complete with my odd collection if earings

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results