shape
carat
color
clarity

Makeup storing tips

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Today is a public holiday in Australia (Go Australia Day
36.gif
) and I took the opportunity to do some spring cleaning.
I have my makeup in a train case on my vanity but I am getting sick of this.
As i get *ahem* older I find i am wearing less makeup
Tinted moisturizer gel eyeliners mascara blusher and lipstick and for more dressed up occasions eyehadow etc you know the works.
But how do you girls store your makeup. I have had the Bobbi Brown cases etc before but I find this limited as other brands don''t fit it.
I like a clean vanity but want a more effective and modern way to store my makeup.
TIA

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I have a basket in my bathroom on a shelf - it''s open and kindof decorative. I can grab things out of it (lipgloss, mascara, concealer) if I''m running somewhere in a hurry, or I can put the basket on the sink if I''m going to really do my makeup and then put it back when I''m done.

I do keep the basket REALLY minimal though. I have three eyeshadows, 1 mascara, 1 lipstick, 2 lipglosses, 1 chapstick, 1 eyeliner, BE mineral veil, foundation, concealer, an eyelash curler, tweezers, and maybe two more random items thrown in. I''m always on the run, and I don''t have time to dig through my stuff.

Then I have a small cosmetic bag that is fully stocked with mostly the same stuff that I can grab if I''m going out of town or if I have to do my makeup in the car. That''s stored in our linen closet. I also have another bag in the linen closet that is full of colors I''ve tried but don''t wear daily, and actually, I should probably go through that and throw away what''s old.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Elmorton. I think I really need to get rid of the train case and just have an ''open'' basket or what not for my everyday stuff and the more serious ''slap'' is in makeup bag in my cupboard.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I store my makeup in my vanity drawer.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I have a makeup bag that I got when I replaced all of my makeup for Christmas and it''s all stored in that bag, under the bathroom sink. I don''t wear much makeup and only bought the necessities when I replaced my stash so there''s not much to dig through. Plus, if we go out of town or travel all I need to do is grab that one bag and go.

I have:

1 compact foundation
1 powder compact
2 eye pencils
1 eyeshadow palette (6 shades)
1 eyeshadow duo (2 shades)
1 mascara
1 blush
1 concealer
1 lip palette (3 shades)
1 eye primer

I also have a few brushes, an eyelash curler and pencil sharpener. All nice and neat in my bag - I''m so proud of myself!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I just organized all my stuff, having a lot of those little mineral makeups containers, in a bamboo divided tray that sits inside a cabinet. I love that every little container has a place now and they''re not all stacked up. Hubbs also helped me to make a rack for my brushes so that they all neat and orderly on the inside of the cabinet door. There''s also a mirror above the brushes. I also use old cigar boxes to organize odds and ends of make up like lip sticks, liners, gloss, and extra stuff that I have. It''s nice to open the cabinet and actually not have to dig around to find my things now. We''re in the middle of redoing my bathroom so it''s been an on going problem, now I can handle a few more weeks of being displaced.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results