shape
carat
color
clarity

Makeup: Airbrush vs Traditional?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
What EmeraldLover said is similar to what my MUA (who does airbrushing) told me, and what I have found out while researching this topic on the internet. At my trial she airbrushed me, and she put quite a bit on, to cover my many blemishes. It did not look heavy or thick in person, it looked quite a bit like my regular makeup. The finish seemed smoother and more even than regular makeup, though. She used Revlon Color-Stay, not any special latex-based makeup. She did tell me to use makeup remover rather than just washing my face, to make sure it would get completely removed.

I''ve been told you can airbrush blush also, although my MUA didn''t do this, she just did the foundation.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
My bridesmaids and I had airbrush makeup by Sally Duvall and I can''t sing her praises enough. I am allergic to just about every kind of beauty product in the world. The foundation she used was totally lightweight, so comfortable, and didn''t irritate my skin. I slept maybe 3 hours before my wedding, had eczema on my upper eyelid and had a pimple from a facial. Sally made me feel gorgeous and the makeup lasted all day. My sister had weird bug bites all over her body and somehow Sally was able to airbrush every last trace of the bites. I don''t know how the airbrush makeup covers so well but feels so lightweight. Those bites were really awful. Our photos are somewhere on the PS Wedding photos thread.

The makeup came off easily with makeup remover. I usually just use Cetaphil to wash my face but when I wear makeup, I take it off with Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Lotion.

I think Sally is in NJ and her "local" area is NYC/NJ metro area. Check her website. She''s awesome.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 8:36:40 PM
Author: CrownJewel
My bridesmaids and I had airbrush makeup by Sally Duvall and I can''t sing her praises enough. I am allergic to just about every kind of beauty product in the world. The foundation she used was totally lightweight, so comfortable, and didn''t irritate my skin. I slept maybe 3 hours before my wedding, had eczema on my upper eyelid and had a pimple from a facial. Sally made me feel gorgeous and the makeup lasted all day. My sister had weird bug bites all over her body and somehow Sally was able to airbrush every last trace of the bites. I don''t know how the airbrush makeup covers so well but feels so lightweight. Those bites were really awful. Our photos are somewhere on the PS Wedding photos thread.

The makeup came off easily with makeup remover. I usually just use Cetaphil to wash my face but when I wear makeup, I take it off with Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Lotion.

I think Sally is in NJ and her ''local'' area is NYC/NJ metro area. Check her website. She''s awesome.
CJ...where have you been? I posted a message for you a few months ago. I posted about Sally earlier in the thread. Heard great things about her. Anyway...I just wanted to tell you that I''m using Stacy for my hair. I remember seeing her in your pics. Anway...hope you are well.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
oh no emerald! I''m so sorry I missed your post. What was it about? Have you and Stacy figured out your hairstyle yet? I absolutely adore her. I saw your rec for Sally and I had to chime in because she worked miracles at my wedding. I can''t wait to see your & Stacy''s creations for your wedding!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 8:57:24 PM
oh no emerald! I''m so sorry I missed your post. What was it about? Have you and Stacy figured out your hairstyle yet? I absolutely adore her. I saw your rec for Sally and I had to chime in because she worked miracles at my wedding. I can''t wait to see your & Stacy''s creations for your wedding!!
No worries. I saw her in your wedding pics and I was like...hey, is that Stacy?? She is awesome right? I posted a few options in a thread a while ago. I''ll see if I can find it.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
ha I''m going to her for haircuts too! She chopped off all my hair because I wanted a change and something easier to deal with because I swim almost everyday now. I love everything she does.

I''m an idiot - I saw your hair trial pics. I thought I commented on them, but I can''t remember if it was a different thread. Anyway, you are going to look fantastic in your dress. I also saw your posts on hair accessories. I can''t help but feel the urge to gossip about the place that wanted to charge you a million dollars'' markup on that one piece. I have a guess, but I''m sure every salon in NYC does the same thing.

sorry for the threadjack!!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I used Maureen Pedala (NYC) for my wedding makeup. She is amazingly talented. Both her and her sister Claudia (who does hair- wonderful as well) did mine and the whole bridal party's hair and makeup.....They were greatl to work with. Very pricey, but worth it, IMO. Maureen uses airbrush foundation, and I have to say it was very natural looking and lasted a very long time. I didnt have any bad reactions at all either, and I have extemely senstive skin. Good luck!!!
36.gif

ETA: Here is her website: http://www.nyweddingmakeup.com/

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 9:15:52 PM
ha I''m going to her for haircuts too! She chopped off all my hair because I wanted a change and something easier to deal with because I swim almost everyday now. I love everything she does.

I''m an idiot - I saw your hair trial pics. I thought I commented on them, but I can''t remember if it was a different thread. Anyway, you are going to look fantastic in your dress. I also saw your posts on hair accessories. I can''t help but feel the urge to gossip about the place that wanted to charge you a million dollars'' markup on that one piece. I have a guess, but I''m sure every salon in NYC does the same thing.

sorry for the threadjack!!!!
I''m terribly sorry for the threadjack as well.

CJ...you are right on your guess. I mean its just crazy. When I talked to Holly the designer about it she said that they pay her what she charges them which is the same amount she charges her clients. CRAZY.

Stacy is amazing and so affordable. Thanks fo the nice comments! I''m so glad I found her.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 9:16:15 PM
Author: Dani
I used Maureen Pedala (NYC) for my wedding makeup. She is amazingly talented. Both her and her sister Claudia (who does hair- wonderful as well) did mine and the whole bridal party''s hair and makeup.....They were greatl to work with. Very pricey, but worth it, IMO. Maureen uses airbrush foundation, and I have to say it was very natural looking and lasted a very long time. I didnt have any bad reactions at all either, and I have extemely senstive skin. Good luck!!!
36.gif

ETA: Here is her website: http://www.nyweddingmakeup.com/
YAY,I remembered correctly. I posted about the Pedala''s based on you in the thread too. They are amazing.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 3:06:19 PM
Author: lliang_chi
DCGator, do you have any pics from your make up trial?

DMB, I posted in your thread in Hangout about buying expensive make up. You''re getting a lot of good responses there, so I won''t continue it here, but I wouldn''t feel bad if I were you. Your purchases are going to last forever, and you can enjoy your make up purchase for a while.

Panda, Wish you luck on your make up. Sounds like you did as much research as you could so I''m sure you''ll be okay.
Sorry Liang, I am a bone head and didn''t think to take any pictures until after I took the make-up off (totally regretting that). But, if I can help you in any other way, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results