shape
carat
color
clarity

Make mould of existing ring, resize down?

jcJIG

Rough_Rock
Hi: I am shopping for a wedding band and thought I might like to have a copy of my mom's ring made in a different metal and in a different size. Her ring is (or seems to me) to be pretty unique. She said it's a "Florentine" design, I guess the best I can explain it is a filigree band around the entire band. Does anyone know about the process for doing this and who I should talk to?

Thx!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd simply find a jeweler you want to work with (and have checked out) and either take detailed photos or the ring itself and see what s/he thinks.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would find a skilled trustworthy jeweler locally and bring pics or actually bring in the band to have them take a look and help design yours.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
That would be so cool. We have a few pieces of "family" jewelry that my mom took to have copies made so we all could have one! A skilled benchman can work wonders. My mother in law did the same with her Celtic cross for the granddaughters and the really neat part was she used old gold from her jewlry to make them. Super special!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results