shape
carat
color
clarity

Maison Birks Diamond Swallow

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I bought this a while ago. I'd always liked it but thought it was way overpriced. Then I saw it in the Birks sale with 50% off. It's from their Return to Me collection. The myth of the swallow and its loyalty - that it always returns home - reminds me of my mom and the way she loved us. Her home was the most important thing to her, because we were there.

Hope you like the photos! They've come out better than I thought as I'm not usually very good with close-ups.

_37287.jpg

_37288.jpg

dscn0283.jpg

dscn0279.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neck shots.

The last one is a little out of focus but I was trying to capture some sparkle.

_37289.jpg

dscn0293.jpg

dscn0296.jpg

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Super sweet and lovely! Looks gorgeous on you.

The bit about your mom made me tear up!

Q

Queenie60

Very beautiful. I like the rose gold.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI"

Great deal! Looks very pretty. Congrats on this and your other loot! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone who replied.

Fulvia, I didn't mean to make you cry!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the back side with just the metal oddly I see a seal, not a bird.... but either way it's still a beautiful piece!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love this one too :love: Can you adopt me if Acinom doesn't ever get around to it?? :Up_to_something:

I love what you said about your mum, and I had no idea about the meaning of this bird - it's beautiful.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1464070393|4035637 said:
From the back side with just the metal oddly I see a seal, not a bird.... but either way it's still a beautiful piece!!!

Me too...no matter which it is, it still captures the same sentiment!

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful necklace, the rose gold is stunning. 50 % off at Birks is excellent !

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw this. It's lovely. And even better is the sentiment behind it. Enjoy.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone. Yes, the back view does look like a seal with a ball on his nose! Charleston - yeah, 50% off at Birks is good, and brings the piece down to a reasonable price but not a total bargain, given how stupidly inflated their full retail prices are!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1464116725|4035856 said:
Ooh, I love this one too :love: Can you adopt me if Acinom doesn't ever get around to it?? :Up_to_something:

I love what you said about your mum, and I had no idea about the meaning of this bird - it's beautiful.

I am not adopting you if I'm second choice! Huh!

:lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just lovely and WAY TO GO on the sale price too!!! :appl: :love: :appl: It looks wonderful on you, SCORE!!

Nice bunch of bling you've been posting this month, THANK YOU, and keep that going :lol:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, azstonie, you've been so sweet! I've worn very little jewelry during my caregiving years, so you kind of put it away and think you'll wear it in the future. Finally this weekend I have some time, so it's all coming out. I think I'm about done now, though. Having said that, I have my eye on a hot-pink tourmaline pear drop pendant, a London blue topaz ring in a yellow gold diamond halo setting, some turquoise egg earring charms which have a yellow gold criss-cross design on them from Jude Frances, and some pear-shape rose quartz drops from Jude Frances, too. And a pair of large pearl earrings from Tahitian pearls. And I do think about Kiki McDonough but try to reign myself in because she's so incredibly expensive.

I think that's all! :lol:

In future I'll try to post anything new I get, instead of never getting round to it on all my old stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results