shape
carat
color
clarity

Mahenge spinel set in Kylie halo by Jewels by Erica Grace!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Mahenge spinel set in Kylie halo by Jewels by Erica Grac

Beautiful!!!! Just perfect Uppy, just perfect!!!!! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono said:
Uppy,
I hope you don’t mind me asking a couple possibly quite personal questions with regards to your gorgeous new ring.
1. Is the ring hand made?
2. What is your opinion about the workmanship (pave) and melees?
3. Are those full cut or single cut melees?
4. Any idea how their pricing compares to CAD/cast vendors like WF and BGD and also other hand made vendors like Leon, Ocean, and etc?

I am trying to broaden my options for a setting designer/maker and haven’t had much success.
Bumping up my questions to Uppy in case she missed it. However, if I’m being a PITA for asking questions that are too personal, feel free to ignore them.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous, gorgeous ring! :love: :appl:
It's great to hear that you had a fantastic rapport with the jeweller/ designer too. I would definitely consider JbEG for my future project..

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

Chrono said:
Chrono said:
Uppy,
I hope you don’t mind me asking a couple possibly quite personal questions with regards to your gorgeous new ring.
1. Is the ring hand made?
2. What is your opinion about the workmanship (pave) and melees?
3. Are those full cut or single cut melees?
4. Any idea how their pricing compares to CAD/cast vendors like WF and BGD and also other hand made vendors like Leon, Ocean, and etc?

I am trying to broaden my options for a setting designer/maker and haven’t had much success.
Bumping up my questions to Uppy in case she missed it. However, if I’m being a PITA for asking questions that are too personal, feel free to ignore them.
So sorry that I missed these!!!
1. The ring is CAD and then cast. I was able to give input and make changes. It really helped in deciding on melee size.
2. Workmanship is fabulous!!! The detailing on such a delicate piece amazes me. The stones are set v-cut and look very regular and well done. Also, the piece is very smooth. No catching edges or fluff getting stuck. How that can be with all the tiny cutwork, I don't know?
3. Single cut. JbEG suggests single cut unless the customer wants full cut. Price is the same for either, where usually single cuts are more expensive from most vendors.
4. Price comparison. I have never worked with WF or BGD for custom, so I can't say. I do know that this piece came in $1000 less than Leon's Adrianna. Also, since I've worked with Erica and Grace before helping to source some vintage stones, we did a combination of partial trade and $$. I can tell you their website quotes this piece at $2850, but this is more than mine came in at.

I would go to Erica and Grace again in a heartbeat!! Hope this helps, Chrono.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Uppy! Do you recall the size of the melees?

Clio

Brilliant_Rock

That is an amazing ring!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

Chrono said:
Thanks Uppy! Do you recall the size of the melees?
Had to go look at the work order: 1.5pt on shank, 1pt on halo, 3/4 eternity, curved struts, halo angled 30 degrees from center stone

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That’s a lot of cttw! Thanks again, Uppy. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of seeing your ring repeatedly.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love: :appl: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results