shape
carat
color
clarity

Mahenge spinel, aqua, pink spinel, and a tourmaline!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I've acquired a few gemstones over the past year but I am so slow at posting so I thought I would put them all in one thread now...

First is my little 0.60 ct mahenge spinel cushion from Gary Braun (Finewater). It measures 4.8 x 4.9 mm and I know its probably not top color or saturation but I am very happy with my purchase and I got it at what I think is a pretty good price. I would have loved something bigger but I knew this would be the only way I could afford a mahenge so I went for it. I set it in a lan.bo split-shank setting. By the way, when I first ordered the setting I didn't upgrade the diamonds and the quality was TERRIBLE! They were so cloudy and barely sparkled at all. I sent it back for the upgrade and am much happier with this setting.

iphone 2 106.JPG

iphone 2 110.JPG

iphone 2 111.JPG

iphone 2 112.JPG

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
A few more of my little mahenge =)

rings 003.JPG

rings 004.JPG

rings 027.JPG

rings 032.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! And your hands are lovely too! I'm envious.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thank you upgradable! Your mahenge is gorgeous too :bigsmile:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for all the pics! These are the last ones of the mahenge (for now :wink2: )

iphone 059.JPG

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0213.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Next is my 2.35 ct round portuguese-cut aqua from Gemfix, measuring 8.75mm. This stone is currently with Sally (HeartofWater) waiting to be set in an Iolani setting.

photo 2.JPG

photo 3 (3).JPG

iphone 248.JPG

iphone 249.JPG

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Next is a 1.08 ct peachy-pink spinel that I bought from Vance Gems at an Intergem jewelry show. They were calling them "pink-velvet" spinels and it really is a pretty cool stone but I could not get a good picture of it to save my life. It is a very sleepy pink spinel with a peachy-orange glow and it measures about 6.5mm. This one is also with Sally waiting to be set. It will be in a silver bezel ring with some swirly designs on the sides of the stone. I'll post pics as soon as its finished.

iphone 2 073.JPG

iphone 2 075.JPG

iphone 2 078.JPG

pink stones 003.JPG

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
What a collection!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
And last but not least is my pink tourmaline. I am saving up for a split-shank setting with a thin halo for this one.

Let me know what you guys think of my little collection! Obviously I like pink stones lately :wink2:

pink stones 019.JPG

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
centralsquare said:
What a collection!!

Thank you centralsquare! I joined PS at the beginning of last year and I am definitely addicted at this point :Up_to_something:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!! :appl: :appl: Great colours, all totally up my alley.

I don't think there is a need on this forum to apologize for lots of pictures. :)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I also love that sleepy spinel. Yum!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first ring (setting and stone) came together very well. Glad you are much happier with the upgraded diamonds.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see your stones once Sally has set them -- drool. I LOVE the Mahenge & setting -- worked out beautifully and it certainly does not look like a small stone in that mounting. Eye-catching & delicious!

--- Laurie

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I actually would rather have a smaller stone with an amazing color, and I think you've got that. And that setting is really awesome. I may have to re-think my fear of ebay settings. :D

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB - Thank you! I don't know why I was apologizing, I love lots of pics from everyone else :bigsmile:

Upgradable - Me too! I wish I could have gotten some better photos, it really has a very cool glow to it.

Chrono - Thank you, I am very happy with how the ring turned out :appl: I should post a pic of the first setting before the upgrade just for reference. I'll see if I can find one...

Jewelfreak - I know, I can't wait to hear back from Sally with some pictures. And thank you, I definitely think the halo setting helps to give the ring more of a presence and I have small fingers (that finger is a 4.25).

athenaworth - Thank you for your kind words! I wasn't sure if it was great color after seeing all of the fabulous stones on here. But I am very happy with the stone and I didn't break the bank on it. I do recommend trying some of the eBay vendors mentioned on PS but I think you definitely have to upgrade the diamonds with some of them.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your glowy Mahenge ring and your gems. Just beautiful!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stargurl78|1315270215|3010350 said:
I've acquired a few gemstones over the past year but I am so slow at posting so I thought I would put them all in one thread now...

First is my little 0.60 ct mahenge spinel cushion from Gary Braun (Finewater). It measures 4.8 x 4.9 mm and I know its probably not top color or saturation but I am very happy with my purchase and I got it at what I think is a pretty good price. I would have loved something bigger but I knew this would be the only way I could afford a mahenge so I went for it. I set it in a lan.bo split-shank setting. By the way, when I first ordered the setting I didn't upgrade the diamonds and the quality was TERRIBLE! They were so cloudy and barely sparkled at all. I sent it back for the upgrade and am much happier with this setting.

How I like such posts! It is so nice to hear, "I just love my stone"!. Enjoy your ring, it looks beautiful. So do your other stones. I like the cut of your aqua.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
LisaRN - Thank you for your compliment!

crasru - Thanks =) I definitely love that stone even though I usually like bigger stones for rings. I am very happy with how the ring turned out, there is definitely a perfect setting out there for every stone! And I think the cut on that aqua is what made me love it. I wanted a stone with more saturation and I purchased 3 stones while searching but the other 2 went back because I loved the Portuguese cut on this one so much, even though it could be a bit more saturated. I am hoping it will darken a bit in the bezel setting its waiting to be set in. Thanks again!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love both spinels. The aqua and the tourmaline are really pretty too! Nice collection.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Ahhhhh the cushion cut spinel is sublime!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thank you herekittykitty and FallenRox!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
WOW that Mahenge ring is NICE !!!!

i NEED to rethink my small pink sapphire, it is a 5 mm round and I keep thinking
it is just too small to set into a ring and look good on my hand, but your ring
proves it can be done and look SMASHING !!!!!

Of course, you have beautiful hands and nice fingers !!!! :))

I love your other stones too, especially that PEAR !!!!! :love: :love: :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your compliments oooShiney! I feel like a small stone can look great in the right setting and I was lucky to find one for mine! Maybe you could find something for yours with a double halo to give you more coverage?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results