shape
carat
color
clarity

Made our STD''s :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting that was :) It makes things feel all the more real lol.

I don''t know if anyone has used them for STD''s but creating and ordering on Snapfish was quite easy and very affordable. They have a ''save the date'' template and you upload your favorite photo, type in some text and your''e done :) It cost about $33 for 60 4 x 8 photo cards and envelopes and we can pick ithe whole thing up at a local Walgreens to save the $7 in shipping. Picking them up also gets them in our hot little hands by 9:30 tomorrow AM!!! (we ordered about 15 mins ago!!). This is a great thing as we are about 3 weeks late in getting them out!!

Only downside that I can think of is that they only have the one template......but it was a very nice looking one to us so that didn''t bother us. Oh, and if the backs of the cards also have the glossy finish, writing on them won''t be possible. We''ll enclose little notes so guests know where to go for our website etc.

Anyhoo......I''m just so excited to have done those :) I''ll report back tomorrow on thier quality.

Ciao!!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Great!

Could you maybe use a thin sharpie on the glossy side for your notes? I know they work on photos because my FI gets photos signed all the time by his heroes. Also, if you make a mistake, hairspray takes it off. really.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
What a neat tip, SumBride! Thankyou :)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! How exciting!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great- we did ours on shutterfly and it was really easy- I just did a little insert w/ our hotel info, since we couldn''t fit it on the photocard on it and printed it in our colors and w/ a little pink and green crab since the wedding was in Baltimore.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah....an insert is a great idea as well :)

I can''t wait till FI brings them home tonight! I had the hardest time finding just one picture of us that we loved. I wanted it to be fun, not too corny, no kissy pictures, us both smiling, and not in bathing suits (we take lots of beach vacations lol). I found this one great great great pic of us in front of Aruba''s Natural Bridge. He''s wearing his favorite yellow Nike hat and I''m wearing my signature beach straw hat. We both have really reflective cool sunglasses on, too ;-) It''s very fun and casual but we have this look of pure happiness on our faces and the Aruba water w/ nat.bridge in the backgroud look just fantastic.

The story leading us to that bridge that day is also one that we still laugh about and smile so it''s really a special choice. We rented a jeep and decided we could navigate through the center of Aruba on our own with only our Frommer''s guide......we made it and Aruba isn''t exactly a web of streets so it wasn''t difficult....but the terrain.......oh my goodness.....our butts hurt for a week from all the bummping up and down. At one point, the road was SO bumpy that we both got lifted out of our seats and our heads hit the top of the jeep!! One would think that would hurt...and it probably did.....but we didnt'' notice cuz we were laughing sooooo hard lol. We arrived at that Bridge coated with Aruba''s natural orangey clay earth (you can''t see it in the pics.....it just adds to our tan looks lol) and sore bums but to see that Bridge at the end of it was just lovely.

It''s anagolous to our relationship in many ways.....
30.gif
30.gif

Some of our extended family will probably think the pic is too casual but for those that really know us will know that this pic pretty much sums us up!!! lol

The bonus significance for us is that we are going to Aruba on our honeymoon!!!!!!!!!!! :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 1:48:25 PM
Author: sumbride
Great!

Could you maybe use a thin sharpie on the glossy side for your notes? I know they work on photos because my FI gets photos signed all the time by his heroes. Also, if you make a mistake, hairspray takes it off. really.
Get out, seriously? Hairspray? Never knew that!

I hope you love the STDs you made!!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Update: FI brought home the STDs tonight and we unanimously LOVED them :) They look very professsional and cute and just what we wanted.....quick, easy, good lookin, and cheap! lol

I very much recommend Snapfish if anyone wants what we did :)

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
everytime you guys use the abbreviation STDs i chuckle!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I giggle still when READING the acronym, but when having to write it it makes me happy because the alternative is much longer:)

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Second Update: The backs of the photocards from Snapfish are the regular photo paper material, not glossy like the fronts, so we could use a regular pen that doesn''t require the use of much pressure (so lines don''t show thru the front) and we''ll be fine :) We''re just going to write a quick one-line note and our website address so hopefully this won''t take too long.

........we have 60 but only need 50 so that leaves us with 10 extras for mistakes or whatever but I''m now wondering if we should write this note on a separate piece of paper so as to not stress ME out when writing on these beauties lol. aiyiyiyiyiyiyi always somethin''.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I figured that I should just do an insert w/ all of the hotel info because I didn''t know if everyone would go online to get the hotel info (my parents and IL''s both only have dial-up, you never know about people''s internet accessiblity.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results