shape
carat
color
clarity

Maching heart shaped diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mareray

Rough_Rock
I have a heart shaped diamond set in a pendant given to me by my parents when I was a teenager. It is a D, SI1, .27, ex sym/polish, very good cut (very uniform... my parents did really well
twirl.gif
). My question is this: how hard would it be to find a diamond similar enough to make a pair of earrings? My boyfriend wants to get me a promise ring, and he came up with the idea to get a matching diamond for the promise ring… when we get the engagement ring, we could make a pair of studs out of them. I thought that was a wonderful idea, and it would mean a lot to me.
I’ve started reading old posts about heart shaped diamonds and have quickly realized that this cut comes in many forms. Is it possible to find one similar enough? I did a search for diamonds online, but most vendors don’t list diamonds that small. I went to the mall and looked around (I know, I am slapping my own wrist). Most didn’t have diamonds that small on hand, but stated they were more than happy to order one. They estimated the stone (DEF, VS2-SI2) to be about $900. I know my parents didn’t pay that much for my first stone. That was, however, 8 years ago. The budget is $1,000 (I’m hoping to get the stone and a simple white gold setting for that). If this isn’t feasible I will probably go with another diamond shape...I’ve been looking at the websites referenced on this site and it has not been difficult coming up with other ideas
naughty.gif
Thanks in advance! This website is wonderful; I''ve learned SO much!

mareray

Rough_Rock
Oops! I was so nervous about my first post 'experience' I misspelled matching!
eek.gif
Sorry about that!

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
You may want to try Wink.
21.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Finding a match for your heart may not be an easy task. You need to give it to a jeweler, and have them dismount it so they can use for comparison...it could take some time...depends how perfect a match you want.

Good luck.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two hart shapes make just about the nicest pair of side stones I can think of
1.gif
Just look down THIS link
2.gif

As for matching, I too vote for letting a jeweler do it. Hart shapes are really a diverse bunch, as you say, and the only place I know where one can go and look over a couple dozen hart shapes is... the Stuller website.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results