shape
carat
color
clarity

M colored diamond

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
I have looked into older posts, and after seeing all the higher colored diamonds i do like the warmer effect. I have gotten some opinions on this diamond but they are all very mixed. I also have a video but the forum wont let me post. Any input?

d1508752pic.jpg

_36979.jpg

_36980.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
If you are okay with the color, and have a good return period so you can see it in person before deciding, I say go for it. I have an OEC that's a GIA M VS2/AGS L VS1 (long story about the double certification) and I really like the warmer color, especially as it helped me get the size stone I wanted for less than I'd budgeted.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats lovely brownish golden yellow. :love:

The proportions are not ideal with crown at 36. But, still promising.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you drop the clarity and get a higher colour instead? Personally I would not pay for VVS clarity if it wasn't necessary.

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
rubybeth|1460561647|4018751 said:
If you are okay with the color, and have a good return period so you can see it in person before deciding, I say go for it. I have an OEC that's a GIA M VS2/AGS L VS1 (long story about the double certification) and I really like the warmer color, especially as it helped me get the size stone I wanted for less than I'd budgeted.
i just looked at your ring its stunning!! what worries me is that your stone and most of the ones on here are OEC stones, this one isnt.

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
Snowdrop13|1460563272|4018767 said:
Could you drop the clarity and get a higher colour instead? Personally I would not pay for VVS clarity if it wasn't necessary.
ive been looking and cant seem to find anything. i do not mind a lower clarity at all but everything i am finding has the inclusions in the middle of the stone.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or a larger stone in the same color. It looks really pretty.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
BELLA9280|1460563829|4018772 said:
ive been looking and cant seem to find anything. i do not mind a lower clarity at all but everything i am finding has the inclusions in the middle of the stone.

Bella,

Have you actually seen the diamond? If not, I recommend that you arrange to do so. It may be everything that you want, or it may not. YOUR eyes will tell the difference.

Once nice thing, at the M color with faint brownish tint, the price difference between a VVS1 is going to be MUCH less than it would be at a high color.

The faint browns, while often VERY beautiful are hard to sell, especially on paper, so be SURE to negotiate hard!

Wink

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
here is the other option suggested to me they are on complete different ends of the specturm. price difference is 1500, ct difference is 0.67 and color diff is 4 shades. Both GIA certified

img_11386.jpg

img_11387.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the clarity on option 2? It looks much lower than the M.

And the price and size: are they more or less than option 1?

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an M coloured modern round brilliant diamond. Sorry I don't have a picture of it right now. I absolutely love it. At times it looks very white and other times it has a slight ivory or yellow tint, depending on the lighting. It looks very white next to my fancy yellow but there is a distinct tint next to my D. The one thing I notice is that I need to keep it spotlessly clean otherwise the colour becomes more apparent. I agree with Wink - you need to see the diamond. You'll either love it or you won't. Mine was in the showcase in another ring and it literally screamed at me from across the room. It's well cut and sparkles like mad and it just spoke to me.

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
ringo865|1460568996|4018826 said:
What's the clarity on option 2? It looks much lower than the M.

And the price and size: are they more or less than option 1?
completely different side of the spectrum option 2 is an I3

option one-1.7ct over $4500
option two-2.36 under $3500

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
Poodles4me|1460569240|4018828 said:
I have an M coloured modern round brilliant diamond. Sorry I don't have a picture of it right now. I absolutely love it. At times it looks very white and other times it has a slight ivory or yellow tint, depending on the lighting. It looks very white next to my fancy yellow but there is a distinct tint next to my D. The one thing I notice is that I need to keep it spotlessly clean otherwise the colour becomes more apparent. I agree with Wink - you need to see the diamond. You'll either love it or you won't. Mine was in the showcase in another ring and it literally screamed at me from across the room. It's well cut and sparkles like mad and it just spoke to me.

the problem is the diamond is in india so all i have is the pic they took and the video which i feel isnt as true as seeing in person.
the second one i posted is in NY and its "real time" photos.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
What's your budget and ideal size? Where are you located? I am thinking you may want to start the search over again, unless you are tied to this vendor for some reason (upgrade?). You may be able to find a happy medium, like an ideal cut J/K color round with VS2/SI1 clarity from James Allen, Brian Gavin Diamonds, Whiteflash, ID Jewelry, Good Old Gold, the list goes on...

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
rubybeth|1460570755|4018851 said:
What's your budget and ideal size? Where are you located? I am thinking you may want to start the search over again, unless you are tied to this vendor for some reason (upgrade?). You may be able to find a happy medium, like an ideal cut J/K color round with VS2/SI1 clarity from James Allen, Brian Gavin Diamonds, Whiteflash, ID Jewelry, Good Old Gold, the list goes on...

1.7ct round is my only preference budget 5k for stone i am not tied to any vendor they are both at different vendors. My current ring we will sell locally so no upgrade

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yah. Option 2 was no good at all. I2 is not good for a ring. Probably not really good for anything as it could pose durability issues. (And isn't pretty)

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wink|1460566829|4018802 said:
BELLA9280|1460563829|4018772 said:

Bella,

Have you actually seen the diamond? If not, I recommend that you arrange to do so. It may be everything that you want, or it may not. YOUR eyes will tell the difference.

Once nice thing, at the M color with faint brownish tint, the price difference between a VVS1 is going to be MUCH less than it would be at a high color.

The faint browns, while often VERY beautiful are hard to sell, especially on paper, so be SURE to negotiate hard!

Wink

+1

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results