shape
carat
color
clarity

Luxury watches - do you wear everyday?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
supposed you receive a luxury watch as a present, say rolex or cartier. would you wear it on a daily basis? to work and stuff? or safe only for when you dress up?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2008 5:38:41 AM
Author:Kissmark
supposed you receive a luxury watch as a present, say rolex or cartier. would you wear it on a daily basis? to work and stuff? or safe only for when you dress up?
I wear my Tank daily with care, but it is up to your comfort level. I remove it if doing tough jobs etc.

oneam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I''d wear it daily if it weren''t too flashy, but if it had a diamond dial or other such fanciness, I probably wouldn''t wear to work often, because I have unihibitedly nosy frenemy-type coworkers who would make me uncomfortable w/ questions and comments.
40.gif
That''s just my situation, I don''t recommend it to others, however. Enjoy your watch.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I wear my Rolex everyday. It might be "luxury" pricewise, but it''s functional in looks.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Usually--but I must preface this by saying when I worked fulltime I wore my reliable Seiko. It still works and I may go back to wearing it. But my new Rolex is quite practical and have no problems wearing it anywhere, but my Ebel looks too dressy for some work situations.

cheers--Sharon

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my Corum Heartbeat Diamond watch and I wear it everyday. I love my watch so much as hearts are my passion!

I was attending a holiday party at BBB and Omar, with JB Star, saw my watch and asked to look at it. He took my hand and admired my watch asking if it was a Chopard.....I was flattered that my Corum was appreciated by someone such as Omar!

I''ve owned three different Rolex watches over the years and I am now unable to wear metal bands, due to my having SLE lupus and my wrists swell/hurt all of the time, and I wore them every day before I became unable to. I refused to let them sit in my drawer.

My DH loves watches and I gave him a Rolex several years ago and then upgraded to a new one on Valentine''s Day this year. It was our 10th anniversary and Rolex finally made the watch that we''ve been looking for. I surprised him and he wears his watch every day no matter what.

Lori

loricorum.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I wear my better watches(Rolex,Omega ect.)when im dressed up or not doing something that will put the watch at risk of being scratched up or hit hard...because gold scratches and dings so easily...and im obsessive about scratches on my watches and jewelry...that being said...an all stainless model will take daily wear better and be less problematic...and if you have a nice time piece wear it and get pleasure from it...every 5 years send it in to be cleaned(inside) and polished so it will look new again.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I have a Rolex. NEVER wear it (don''t like it), but I have a nice (maybe not same level) Longines that I wear about 1 or 2 times a week. I hate seeing pretty watches get scratched and dirty
7.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock

Luxury brand? Sure, I would and do wear it on a daily basis.

Luxury materials, like diamond-encrusting or other high-flash elements? No, I wouldn''t wear it on a daily basis. I guess I subconsciously hold to the old rules for the most part and leave my diamonds (other than e-ring and basic studs) for post-5pm.

That said, I keep my blingiest watch in the bank vault and only take it out for special occasions; yes, I must admit that I get a little rush each time I first see it anew when taking it out for a special event!

f-d-l

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 1:20:30 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis

Luxury brand? Sure, I would and do wear it on a daily basis.

Luxury materials, like diamond-encrusting or other high-flash elements? No, I wouldn''t wear it on a daily basis. I guess I subconsciously hold to the old rules for the most part and leave my diamonds (other than e-ring and basic studs) for post-5pm.

That said, I keep my blingiest watch in the bank vault and only take it out for special occasions; yes, I must admit that I get a little rush each time I first see it anew when taking it out for a special event!

f-d-l
I agree...when i put on a high end watch that i dont wear everyday...it can make an event or day a little bit more special.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes i do,i wear three watches everyday.
2.gif

DSCN3042.JPG

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 7:36:57 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

yes i do,i wear three watches everyday.
2.gif
LOL!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would...I''d want to enjoy them as much as possible!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

ahhhhhh Dancing fire....I need that middle watch...

cheers-Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my Rolex (18K YG, president bracelet, diamonds on the face and a diamond bezel) every day. If I''m going someplace special, I''ll wear my Piaget (18K white gold band, sapphire & diamond bezel, lapis face) or my Movado (diamond band and diamonds around the face) or my Corum with the diamond bezel.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Since I''m now happily retired
1.gif
, I feel more comfortable wearing one of my diamond bezel watches every day. I wear the Movado Vizio with its stainless steel & 18k gold bracelet and diamond bezel every time I leave the house.

The other two, a Piaget with plain gold face and diamond bezel, and a Cartier with a diamond bezel only rarely. Why? They''re much more "showy" than I''m comfortable with.

I have had this strange quirk for years: I have to wear a watch 24/7. I wouldn''t put the previously mentioned watches through that, so I have a Seiko, a 50th birthday present from our kids which I wore while I was still teaching and now around the house.
9.gif

Dancing Fire, I have always admired your avatar, and wondered whether you actually owned the watch, or it was on a wishlist. Now I know it''s yours
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH wears his luxury watches every day. I don''t wear a watch - I prefer bracelets. You all have some lovely watches.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have many watches so on a given day I am wearing a luxury watch, but save the really nice and dressy ones for special occasions. But an all stainless or two toned yes I would wear daily, unless I was really in a dangerous environment that could damage it.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your replies guys. I got a stainless steel rolex w/ diamond markers for my birthday, it''s a beautiful watch and I just love it! I''ve been wearing it everyday and my work enovirnment is such that it''s not terribly flashy. But lately I''ve been feeling like maybe it''s a little wasteful (not sure if it''s the right word) to wear it everyday coz it''s just so pretty and I dont want to damage it. Although I''m just sitting in the office everyday I''m very clumsy and have banged it against the door or wall a few times....
24.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 9:40:32 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I wear my Rolex (18K YG, president bracelet, diamonds on the face and a diamond bezel) every day. If I''m going someplace special, I''ll wear my Piaget (18K white gold band, sapphire & diamond bezel, lapis face) or my Movado (diamond band and diamonds around the face) or my Corum with the diamond bezel.
Please,please,please post pics of your Piaget...sounds great!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I have a Cartier Roadster that I like to wear on the weekends but my workhorse watch is my Tag. For dressy evenings, I have a Bvlgari with a skinny band that I use. I also have 2 antique Hamiltons that I wear on weekends and evenings - one with a white gold bracelet and the other with the classic black rope band.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my Rolex everyday, I love it. Waited a long time to get it.... I just love it, sold a ton of them in my time ( pun intended ) and now it''s my time to shine. Hehe.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, yours is a stunner for sure! You rock that baby!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a little advise for the owners of mechanical watches.....
don''t let your watch sit around too long b/c the gears inside needs lubrications. think of it this way... it is like letting a car sit in the garage w/o starting the engine for a long period of time,which is a big
38.gif
so wear your mechanical watch everyday and keep its heart beating.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 7:31:28 PM
Author: Kissmark
Thanks for all your replies guys. I got a stainless steel rolex w/ diamond markers for my birthday, it''s a beautiful watch and I just love it! I''ve been wearing it everyday and my work enovirnment is such that it''s not terribly flashy. But lately I''ve been feeling like maybe it''s a little wasteful (not sure if it''s the right word) to wear it everyday coz it''s just so pretty and I dont want to damage it. Although I''m just sitting in the office everyday I''m very clumsy and have banged it against the door or wall a few times....
24.gif
Congratulations Kissmark! Wear your lovely watch and enjoy it! Your Rolex is very sturdy and will hold up well. I used to wear mine every day, no matter what, and miss it now.

Lori

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2008 1:31:58 AM
don''t let your watch sit around too long b/c the gears inside needs lubrications. think of it this way... it is like letting a car sit in the garage w/o starting the engine for a long period of time,which is a big
38.gif
Nice advice DF
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 6:52:57 AM
Author: Lorelei

I wear my Tank daily with care, but it is up to your comfort level. I remove it if doing tough jobs etc.
Lorelei:

Is your Tank the "ladies" version, or the full size? Do you think you would mind taking an "arm shot" for me? I''m having a hard time deciding which size to get, as I usually wear men''s watches....

Thanks, if it''s nt too much trouble.

LS

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 1:31:58 AM
38.gif

this is great advice! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results