shape
carat
color
clarity

Lurker Needs Help on Decision

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkle Lover

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Read tons in the tutorial and forum. Working on a strict budget and considering trade-offs, I finally settled on a diamond I am interested in for my 5 year anniversary e-ring. (Dirt poor when we got married.) Looking for advice, comments, and simulated pictures of this diamond before I contact the vendor. Hope someone can help??!! Thanks much in advance!!

0.76 carat, H Color, SI 1, AGS000
Measures 5.97 x 5.98 x 3.61
Table: 55%
Depth: 60.5%
Crown: 34.6 degrees
Pavilion: 40.8 degrees
Girdle: 1.0% average
Comments: Pinpoints not shown.

Very few small crystals and no external blemishes plotted on the diamond map.

Thanks so much, again!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL stone!!!!!!! Numbers are really excellent and it sounds a clean SI 1 from your description (assuming they're white)... It's very round too... It will look much better than those 1ct mall stones and I'm pretty sure that everyone will think it's a full ct!
appl.gif
1.gif

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Based on what you provided, this diamond has good specs.

kirk

DiehardSearcher

Rough_Rock
Just note that this is not an AGS000 diamond. It may have an AGS 0 cut rating with ideal polish and symmetry, but AGS-000 would need to be D-IF.

I just point it out so that you make sure that vendors marketing such a stone as AGS000 don't fool you with the price.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes AGS000 is commonly used on this forum to denote Ideal Polish, Cut and Symmetry even though TECHNICALLY its D IF Ideal Cut, Polish, Symmetry. I fear we sometimes mislead lurkers with our loose use of the terminology.
1.gif
Plus I get lazy and would rather just type AGS 000 than AGS 0 Polish, Symmetry and Cut.

Your stone sounds great. Congrats and good luck!
1.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
A very, very nice stone.

The DiamCalc software recreated the following POSSIBLE IdealScope image with this outstanding light return analysis:

Light Return (mono)…...: 1.00 Very Good
Light Return (stereo)…..: 0.98 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (mono)..: 1.03 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (stereo).: 1.04 Very Good
Contrast............................: 0.98 Very Good
(Non) FishEye Effect…...: 1.00 Very Good

-----------
IdealScope- In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated. The computer generates an image with “perfect” symmetry, which is rare. Also, the star/lower girdle facet lengths may be different from your diamond. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond, or Sarin info is downloaded directly into the program. However, this "blind" reproduction should be helpful in considering the major light performance aspects..
-----------

RBC- 0.76.jpg

Sparkle Lover

Rough_Rock
Hi All! I was so thrilled to see the responses this morning!

When I wrote AGS000, I did mean polish, symmetry, and proportions, but thanks so much for pointing that out for other readers! I am very relieved for the glowing reports as well!

I've posted the angles from the sarin report on this diamond. Maybe it will help the experts to have a more accurate picture of the diamond.
1.gif

SarinRptHSI1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results