shape
carat
color
clarity

LulaMae's New Home!

rileyl

Rough_Rock
Around the end of July, I started lurking on Pricescope in an effort to educate myself about diamonds. My 25th anniversary was approaching, and I had planned to reset my original e-ring diamond (a .25 c stone) in a three-stone setting with a .75-.80 ct centre stone and another .25 c stone.

As I read various threads here, and looked at different online stores, I became intrigued by OEC diamonds, and of course I drooled over pics of other people's beautiful OEC diamond rings.

One day I looked at the Preloved thread, and stumbled upon Arkieb1's beautiful 1.1 L OEC, being sold on consignment at JbEG. I wrote to Arkieb1 and asked a few questions about the L color. I wasn't sure if I would like it (Silly me!). She suggested I write to Grace and request more pics under different lighting conditions. But by the time I wrote to Grace, Arkieb1`s ring had been sold! I had missed it by a couple of days. :rolleyes: I was sooo disappointed. Arkieb1, however, being the lovely and gracious woman that she is, asked me to set out the parameters of my search and volunteered to keep an eye out for me.

A couple of weeks later, it was midnight here, and I was having trouble sleeping. I picked up my iphone to check my email (as you do), and lo and behold there was a note from Arkieb1! She suggested I check out a listing on DB, although she warned that it was an M, and might be a little too warm for my taste. Turned out it was Miss LulaMae, who had been usurped by a larger, haloed diamond! I looked at the listing, which had three videos attached. I think I watched those videos about 50 times, and then I read every word I could find about this ring here on PS. And then around 3 a.m., I decided I must buy it!

I wrote to Bastetcat, and I bought Miss LulaMae. For reasons I won`t bore you with, she had to be sent to my dad in Florida before she could come home to me. Today, I finally got to bring her home!

You`ve all met miss LM before, so I don`t have to tell you how lovely she is. But I can tell you that she is bigger, sparklier, blingier and more charming than any diamond I have ever aspired to own. Her M color suits her and me perfectly, and I guess I`m not the least bit color sensitive (owing to my 47 year old eyes, no doubt!), because I honestly don`t see any yellow in her at all. I think she`s just perfect, and I`m doing a happy dance all over the place every time I look at her.

Here are some pics of Miss LM enjoying her new home, and me enjoying Miss LM!

I`m sorry I don`t know how to rotate these pics, and I`m really sorry for my tired manicure!

Linnie

img_1738.jpg

img_1743.jpg

img_1821.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how beautiful! im glad she went to a good home!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely story - your new stone is just beautiful!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks beautiful!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm so happy she made it safe and sound! She's already had some more fabulous adventures on her trip to you! :D

I have a (smaller) channel set band and always liked wearing it with her too!

Note- I just realized the other day when I was looking through the antique subforum that you had posted there looking for an upgrade. .25 to an OEC! What a nice upgrade!!!!

I hope you enjoy it to the full extent and enjoy all those chunky fire flashes it gives off!

We need a before and after comparision too!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks stunning on you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous!!! :love: Absolutely love that ring, and it looks fantastic with your bands! What an upgrade, very happy for you - congrats!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the great buy!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new upgrade! It's beautiful!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and extremely nice upgrade!!! Good for you! Congratulations :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

She looks stunning on you, like she was always meant to be there!!!! So happy to help - and SO GLAD that you love the new ring (I love it too btw!!!!). I think mid colours in old stones are delish!!!! :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!!!! What a stunning diamond. I love warm colors myself.
Enjoy your new ring :appl:

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely :appl: Congrats!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that's what I call an upgrade!!
And it looks beautifully at home on yon - congratulations!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's a match made in heaven!!! I've always loved that diamond and I'm so glad she found a good home. Great choice!

rileyl

Rough_Rock
bastetcat|1377564875|3510267 said:
YAY!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm so happy she made it safe and sound! She's already had some more fabulous adventures on her trip to you! :D

I have a (smaller) channel set band and always liked wearing it with her too!

Note- I just realized the other day when I was looking through the antique subforum that you had posted there looking for an upgrade. .25 to an OEC! What a nice upgrade!!!!

I hope you enjoy it to the full extent and enjoy all those chunky fire flashes it gives off!

We need a before and after comparision too!

Here's my original e-ring. I love this ring, and I recall when we were buying it, the salesperson was explaining their upgrade policy, and my 19 year old self said in my head, "why would I ever want to upgrade?" LOL. Anyway, I'm still planning to have it set in a three stone ring, but now I think all three stones will be .25c. I'll wear it on my right hand when I'm in the mood for some extra sparkle.

Thank you all for your lovely compliments. :) I really like hanging out here, listening, learning, and enjoying all the eye candy. Even tho my upgrade journey is at an end, I think I'll continue to hang out for a while. :D

_9368.jpg

_9369.jpg

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LM looks stunning on you; congratulations!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I have that same setting with an M colored diamond and I think it's fabulous! Of course, mine is much smaller and doesn't have the charm of an older cut, so I'm still a bit jealous. :))

rileyl

Rough_Rock
Kelli|1377611867|3510581 said:
I love it! I have that same setting with an M colored diamond and I think it's fabulous! Of course, mine is much smaller and doesn't have the charm of an older cut, so I'm still a bit jealous. :))

I would love to see a picture of your ring!

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! I was away on my anniversary trip and missed when you posted this. LulaMae is beautiful; I love her illusion setting!

I've not yet decided if I want to reset my .24 original stone, or just keep it for sentimental reasons. My solitaire was only on a 2mm shank and the bottom is worn so thin that I haven't dared to wear the ring for the past year and a half for fear that it would break in two. A three stone is a great idea, perhaps with colored side stones.

Wear LulaMae in good health and may you celebrate at least twenty five more years of marriage!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't believe I missed this!!

Congratulations Rileyl on both your 25th anniversary and the new ownership of Lula Mae!!! Wear her in good health and I wish you and your DH another 25 years of wedded bliss together!!

Enjoy!!! (and she looks LOVELY and right at home on your hand!!)

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
I love your new ring!! She's got fire for sure!! I think the setting makes her look HUGE!! Lucky girl - this one is a beauty!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks HUGE on your hand! Congrats on you two finding each other!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Love the before and after pics!!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Love the older cuts in lower colors! :appl:

rileyl

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the lovely compliments!

I am still so thrilled with this ring. :love: I sometimes just sit and watch it play with the light and the colour of my top. I've discovered that LulaMae enjoys it when I wear coral and hot pink! LOL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results