shape
carat
color
clarity

Lucida

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

June8

Rough_Rock
what do people think about the new tiffany Lucida? i don't know much about diamond rings, but i saw it on a girl and it looked lovely. thanks

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It has a lot going for it in that you can say it only comes from Tiffany, and if you have one then you could afford to pay for it.
If all diamond cutters could pull off a stunt like this then the industry would make more money, but consumers would be worse off.
The light return is not real good, but the physical shape is appealing.
It will be written up as an example of successful branding.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi June8On the Tiffany site it looks like radiant but you can also get other shapes in the similar settings.Garry reffered to the fancy shapes. If it is radiant or princess the brilliance will be less than for round brillinat. However some people value shape more than brilliance.

June8

Rough_Rock
thanks, cut nut. i don't mean that i want to buy a real tiffany lucida. can't afford that!
smile.gif
but i see from this forum that it's possible to get it elsewhere. my question was more about what do all you more experienced people think about the setting and the shape? it looks like a cathedral setting and radiant shape. am i close?cut nut said "light return not real good". does that mean the beauty of the stone will be diminished by the setting? i also like the contour setting, but will that also decrease the "light return" since the contour looks somewhat like a lucida? is it best to just get a simple four or six prong setting? sorry for all the questions. please be patient with me, i'm very new to this. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results