shape
carat
color
clarity

lucida, x prong, basket or trellis setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
I know that there was a thread about this at one point, but I can''t seem to locate it. I thought that I read that you cannot put a band, a diamond eternity band if I have it my way, flush up against it??!! Is that true, or can you with some forms of these settings?? How big is the gap, and what are possible alternatives?? Any pics or suggestions??

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some versions of tehse do accomodate bands near them. One example is Tiffany's lucida. Other models require a slightly courved band (I guess the basket version by Whiteflash is one example: however, their version for princess cuts looks like it could accomodate a regular band with little or no intervention). In principle, any of the styles you mention can be modified to accomodate a band even though some (or most) of the ready-made versions do not. If you already have the band, than it may be easier to have a chat with the jeweler about how should a "flush-fit" ring should look like.

The bigger (higher) the band the harder it gets to fit though, but not all that hard. For example, a setting like the half-bezel pave at WF (now that I have their webpage opened)may accomodate a hefty band. Of course, there are many others. What do you have in mind?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 12/23/2003 10:07:40 PM abbymax825 wrote:

I know that there was a thread about this at one point, but I can't seem to locate it. I thought that I read that you cannot put a band, a diamond eternity band if I have it my way, flush up against it??!! Is that true, or can you with some forms of these settings?? How big is the gap, and what are possible alternatives?? Any pics or suggestions??
----------------

Hi Abby,

Dvatche actually produces the setting that Tiffany markets for the Lucida stone...

With that said Dvatche has a couple settings which hold princess cut stones..

One setting has no side diamonds, one has channel set diamonds, and one is pave' like you mention...You can get a matching band for all three which will sit flush against the solitaire setting..

wacko.gif

With all 3 style solitaire settings Dvatche markets, there is a band that does fit snug against the solitaire setting, but because of the head on the solitaire setting the wedding ring has a slight bow to accomodate the head.

Although the band does have a small bow it does fit flush against the side of the solitaire setting..Take a look at the pictures....

If you need anymore help let me know

21.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Settings shown is the round but you can get the same setting for a princess..
21.gif

gi_DV-994_f.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

ni122sets.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

ni122sett.jpg

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
I don't have either the ring or band. I love the look of the trellis setting at bluenile or some of the other sites (I like the price too) and pair it up with a round diamond eternity band. It is simple and elegant! I really don't mind the idea of having to change the band a little to get a better fit, I just didn't know if there were any versions that had a similar look and a band to match. Or if it is always sold seperatly.

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
i really like the nice ice solitare setting. I was thinkg a round solitare with no side stones and a channel set band with rounds??? Is that do-able??
Thanks so much for the pics, I could not find any!!!
Keep 'em comming...just kidding, thanks for the help!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niceice has a CC of Tiffany's classic too, worth a look... You should be able to place a straight band near it, and yes, it is a common requirement that bands and settings sit nicely togerther: this is why most sellers would offer ready-matched sets. If you want a diamond band, it helps to decide on the size of the diamonds in it. It is by no means impossible to shop for the band and the setting in the same place and match them (even if you don't buy both at once, this helps keeping options opened). Whiteflash is one good purveyor of H&A cut accent stones (like the tiny diamonds on your future band), so they make a great example of shop where you can address this matching issue from the "design" stage of your order.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results