shape
carat
color
clarity

lucida or legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zohan

Rough_Rock
Hi to you all from Zurich Switzerland.

What a great site this is! so glad to have found it.

So im the lucky girl who gets to choose her ring (recently engaged two weeks ago). I have been given the budget of $8000 which is more thank enough for me.

Im looking at the tiffany Lucida or legacy two totally different rings I know, but I have to decide :) so here are the pro''s and con''s of each. Please can you let me know what you guys (the experts) think:

Lucida:
Pros Cons
- Classic - does it shine as bright as other cuts?
- safe & sturdy - simple (but boring) design?
- Unique cut
- Its all about the stone

Legacy:
Pros Cons
- amazing vintage tiffany design - if i ware everyday will the little stones fall out?
- small diamonds sparkle - not so much shine in the main stone

Ideally I want a crt or above. So with the price I have I will buy one 2nd hand. I have seen two offers. Please can you share your opinion if you think its a good offer? thanks:

Lucida:

Diamond measurements: 6.21x6.12x4.63mm
Carat:1.27
Clarity: VVS1
Color: I
Depth percentage: 75.7%
Table diameter percentage: 56%
Girdle thickness: Medium
Cutlet size: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: excellent
Ultraviolet florescence: None
$10,000 (I will try to offer less :)

Legacy:

Carat:1.15
Clarity: VS2
Color: I
would sell for $8000

The reason for Tiffany is not just the name, but the guaranty of the quality. Plus its a dream of course ;-)

Thanks in advance!!https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/35.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
With both of those cuts, it''s important to look at as many stones as you can because the cut quality varies.
Tif is setting Lucidas in several different settings these days - you can get one with baguettes, trilliants or micropave'' now. You don''t have to go with the original setting (which I never liked).

I''m sure that you would have no trouble getting any of the small stones on the Legacy replaced if they fall out (which isn''t likely, given the quality of Tif''s work).

Because the Legacy is a step cut, and it will never sparkle in the same way that a round brilliant or a Lucida does.

With the I color, the Legacy will show more body color than the Lucida because step cuts always do that.

For me, the deciding factor would be: Which one of them makes you smile when you look into the facets?

zohan

Rough_Rock
Hi Thanks so much for the input.

They both make me smile :) But Im leaning towards the Lucida..classic timeless! But I think it might be due to that being my boyfriends favorite.

So the I colour of the legacy will make it look white or yellowish? (sorry getting used to it all)

Do you think these are fair prices for the rings?

Thanks again!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The I color could make the Legacy look yellow. The prices look reasonable for T& Co. What about getting the Lucida first and then getting a colored stone later for the Legacy? I think the Legacy cut suits colored stones better than it suits diamonds.

Sam82

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 4:43:52 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
The I color could make the Legacy look yellow. The prices look reasonable for T& Co. What about getting the Lucida first and then getting a colored stone later for the Legacy? I think the Legacy cut suits colored stones better than it suits diamonds.
I agree about the colored Legacy. The purple and pink sapphire ones are gorgeous.

zohan

Rough_Rock
Ah ha,

Yes I love the coloured stones but for my engagement it has to be a diamond.

You can see the ring here; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230381578816&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Doesnt look yellow but hard to tell from pics I guess.

at $8000 seems a good price.

Im also thinking its alot of craftmenship in a ring, somthing special. I really am torn.

Do you think a Tiffany holds its value throught the years as apossed to a un-signed ring?

Thanks,

Z

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a lucida and it''s so sparkly. We went with an I colour and there isn''t a hint of yellow in it. For DH and I, we went with the lucida as we thought it was quite simple and classic and I adore the setting. I''d be a bit wary about buying off ebay, especially as that sale has a no returns policy. Try signed pieces also as they sell second hand tiffany rings also.

zohan

Rough_Rock
Hey Bee!

Thanks I tried them on again in T and Co. Zurich I love the Lucida..thats final :)

Now I just have to find one that I can afford and one thats a bargain. I saw one on ebay (the guy has over 1500 feedback 100%+)

Shape = Cut Cornered Square, Cut = Mixed Cut, Diamond Carat Weight 1.28ct, Clarity Grade VS1, Color Grade G, Fluorescence = None, Precision of Cut = Excellent, Polish = Very Good, Symmetry = Very Good, Total Depth Percentage = 69.3%, Table Size Percentage = 61%, Crown Height Percentage - 14.6%, Crown Angle = 35.3°, Pavilion Depth Percentage = 51.5%, Pavilion Angle = 40.8°, Girdle Thickness = Slightly Thick, Girdle Finish = Polished, Culet = None, Enhancements (Besides Cut/Polishing) = None. Measurements 6.29 x 6.25 x 4.33mm. Crown Inscription = T&Co with diamond registration certificate number. Girdle Inscription = LUCIDATM.

He is selling for 11K is this to much, to risky? I just cant seem to find any here in ZH or the UK.

Thanks,

Z
19.gif

zohan

Rough_Rock
checked out SP nothing there as yet.

thx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results