shape
carat
color
clarity

Lucida Engagment band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Paul

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I have noticed that Leonid likes it when people give updates to their diamond ring shopping experiences as time progresses, so in the spirit of that, I am posting an update! I posted for the first time a few weeks ago, when I was trying to decide between two diamonds, both hearts and arrows, ideal cut diamonds. Well I have taken the big plunge!!!! After an exhastive search, I have decided to purchase a 1 ct Superbcert brilliant round stone with excellent color and cut.
smile.gif
I am curious now about two things: first question, would it be possible to put an anniversary style, channel set diamond band next to the Lucida engagement band with a round stone to be worn together as a set (not soldered)? The Lucida mounting jets out on a little where the metal wraps around like vines. See picture below:
Handfabricationsideview.jpg
This seems to prevent an anniversary band from fitting snug up against the engagment band. Is this easy to modify to bring the bands together, so there is no gap? Or am I better to forget the Lucida band if I am set on buying an anniversary channel set band? Does a round stone look good in the Lucida setting?
Oscar'sring.JPG
Lastly, has anyone heard of the company called Affinity Diamond Engagment Rings
http://www.affinity-diamond-engagement-rings.com ? Are they trustworthy and reliable for setting a Superbcert stone? Any recommendations on companies that are reliable, fairly priced, and will set stones that were not purchased from them? Any other styles of mountings that are really conservative, plain and simple that rival the Tiffany settings that any of you would recommend?Thank you for any replys. I really appreciate it. I enjoy learning all the nuances of jewelry. I have something to contribute to this board. I have found that 14kt white gold is a better material for mountings that have large broad and open surfaces, because it does not "matte" up as easy as platinum. Platinum tends to dull out faster than white gold, and thus is less preferable, unless the setting is intricate, and has a lot of carving or has a lot of different stones set in it. In this case the platinum is preferable because of its strength and density, less material with platinum required but still great strength. However, with white gold you always have to deal with iridium plating it ever so often. But, white gold is much cheaper for a jeweler to work on for repairs then platinum. Any way, just my two cents, for what it is worth!
smile.gif
Paul

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Paul,Thanks so much for taking time and sharing your experience. You’re right I like it
smile.gif
I also hope other folks appreciate it too.Congrads on your diamond. Superbcert is indeed one of the beautiful cuts around. It looks good in Lucida setting no doubt.It looks like Affinity Diamond Engagement Rings is the same people as Avo’s Jewelry http://www.avosjewelry.com/. Avo’s has been in the web for a while and I’ve heard one or two positive experience when somebody purchased diamond and the ring. They have link to Business Reliability report.Usually jewelers are less excited to make a setting if you haven’t bought a diamond from them. You need to ensure it first in case something happens with it during setting.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your purchase-it looks beautiful!Enjoy!
smile.gif

Paul

Rough_Rock
Lawmax,Thanks for the heads up.Paul

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Paul,It would be great to read your proposal story!How long do we have to wait?
smile.gif

Jan

Rough_Rock
Nice ring you posted. It happens to be one that we made for a client of ours.
I would tell you who we are but I don't think we are allowed.
smile.gif

Jan

Jan

Rough_Rock
Quote:
Jan, my understanding is that you have a policy of only posting diamonds that you have sold is that correct? Or have you begun to set diamonds that aren't purchased from you? _____________________________________________ Occasionally we do when the workload permits. Majority of the time, Brad stays busy, doing the settings, and the bulk of our business includes the complete package of the mounting and the diamond.
Jan

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Paul,If you'd like to contact Jan, just click on the little envelope icon at the top of one of her posts and you can send an email to her. It seems to me that you already know how to get in touch with her, though.
smile.gif
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by Jan:
Nice ring you posted. It happens to be one that we made for a client of ours.
I would tell you who we are but I don't think we are allowed.
smile.gif

Jan

Paul

Rough_Rock
Jan,Actually, I haven't mounted the stone yet. I am only considering the Lucida setting, and while browsing another forum, saw your image files, and thought they depicteded the spiral sides of the Lucida ring quite well, and thus I decided to post them here. I hope you didn't mind? I can go back and edit them and take the picture back out? Should I have written you first and asked you for permission to post them? Jan, my understanding is that you have a policy of only posting diamonds that you have sold is that correct? Or have you begun to set diamonds that aren't purchased from you? I think the only frustration I have had is a general reluctance of companies to not set diamonds that are sold by other vendors. It's too bad, because as consumers, we want to have a very postive experience from the diamond selection, purchase, setting selection, and diamond mounting. I would have been happy to buy a diamond from a local jeweler, but no one could be competitive with the prices I have found on the internet except for one (and that was a jeweler in San Francisco). Thanks for the positive feedback on the Superbcert! I think she will love it. Would anyone mind if once we get engaged if I posted an account of her reaction and how we got engaged?PS - Please Jan, let me know if I should remove the pictures. Thanks everyone,Paul

Jan

Rough_Rock
Hi Paul,
You don't have to remove it. It kind of appeared that it was coming from some of the other people that were listed.
Anyway, that is one that we sold the center diamond and set the stone and sold the mounting. Enjoy your purchase.
Jan

Jan

Rough_Rock
Originally posted by Jan:
Hi Paul,
You don't have to remove it. It kind of appeared that it was coming from some of the other people that were listed.
Anyway, that is one that we sold the center diamond and set the stone and sold the mounting to Canadian Eh back in November of 2000. Enjoy your purchase.
Jan

CG1076

Rough_Rock
Paul,I have a quick question for you, hopefully you can help me out. I just bought a .75 carat diamond and I want to set it in the Lucida Setting just like yours. My question is...What is the width of the band? (2mm, 3mm, 4mm etc...) And would the width be customed ofr the size of the diamond I would have? I look forward to hearing from you soon. THANKS PAUL!!!
Originally posted by Paul:
Hello everyone, I have noticed that Leonid likes it when people give updates to their diamond ring shopping experiences as time progresses, so in the spirit of that, I am posting an update! I posted for the first time a few weeks ago, when I was trying to decide between two diamonds, both hearts and arrows, ideal cut diamonds. Well I have taken the big plunge!!!! After an exhastive search, I have decided to purchase a 1 ct Superbcert brilliant round stone with excellent color and cut.
smile.gif
I am curious now about two things: first question, would it be possible to put an anniversary style, channel set diamond band next to the Lucida engagement band with a round stone to be worn together as a set (not soldered)? The Lucida mounting jets out on a little where the metal wraps around like vines. See picture below:
Handfabricationsideview.jpg
This seems to prevent an anniversary band from fitting snug up against the engagment band. Is this easy to modify to bring the bands together, so there is no gap? Or am I better to forget the Lucida band if I am set on buying an anniversary channel set band? Does a round stone look good in the Lucida setting?
Oscar'sring.JPG
Lastly, has anyone heard of the company called Affinity Diamond Engagment Rings
http://www.affinity-diamond-engagement-rings.com ? Are they trustworthy and reliable for setting a Superbcert stone? Any recommendations on companies that are reliable, fairly priced, and will set stones that were not purchased from them? Any other styles of mountings that are really conservative, plain and simple that rival the Tiffany settings that any of you would recommend?Thank you for any replys. I really appreciate it. I enjoy learning all the nuances of jewelry. I have something to contribute to this board. I have found that 14kt white gold is a better material for mountings that have large broad and open surfaces, because it does not "matte" up as easy as platinum. Platinum tends to dull out faster than white gold, and thus is less preferable, unless the setting is intricate, and has a lot of carving or has a lot of different stones set in it. In this case the platinum is preferable because of its strength and density, less material with platinum required but still great strength. However, with white gold you always have to deal with iridium plating it ever so often. But, white gold is much cheaper for a jeweler to work on for repairs then platinum. Any way, just my two cents, for what it is worth!
smile.gif
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results