shape
carat
color
clarity

Lucere in Canada?

npham

Rough_Rock
I've been searching from some of these, but I'm not having a ton of luck from the retailers that do sell them. Tried calling a few places that don't pick up the phone, and emailed countless others who don't respond to emails.

I'm looking for something around 7.-.8, G/F, VS1. Based on the pricing I've received I'm looking to pay around $4-5000 US for the stone. For those who purchased one of these babies, does this seem about right?

Can anyone direct me in to the right person? If it were local to Calgary it would be awesome, Canada is great too, but I'm not afraid of buying from the US either. Thanks in advance.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Good Old Gold carries the Lucere. You could also check into similar cuts like the Princess of Hearts (carried by GOG as well) or the Canadian Ideal Squared (I think Liberty Diamonds carries them?) or the quadex by Brian Gavin Diamonds.

npham

Rough_Rock
I've tried contacting GOG a few times now and it just rings and rings, well not rings, but sit there listening to dead air and then "please hold." They probably would be one of the best options, but they can't be bothered to pick up the phone to make a sale.

I'll have a look at those other places, thanks!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried Fleetwood in Calgary? (I'm in Calgary too) they are on MacLeod Trail and are one of the few vendors I'd trust here. He only carries GIA graded stones and I can vouch for his honesty and business ethics.
I don't know if he can get you a Lucere or if he would be priced competitively to GOG, but they are local and worth calling to ask if you haven't already.

npham

Rough_Rock
I will give them a call tomorrow, I haven't shopped around too much locally because it seems this cut is not that common, or advertised. But mainly because I don't think they can compare with pricing for "internet" stones.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
npham|1311132304|2972697 said:
I will give them a call tomorrow, I haven't shopped around too much locally because it seems this cut is not that common, or advertised. But mainly because I don't think they can compare with pricing for "internet" stones.

Lucere used to have a website were you could e-mail and ask for distributors in your area. I would google that. I wouldn't bother checking with random B&M stores as they are unlikely to carry something similar. (I was in a similar situation when shopping for my ring...I ended up choosing a square cushion H&A stone)

npham

Rough_Rock
Funny you should mention that, I tried, got a response and then when they wanted more details which I provided, they haven't replied in a week. It's funny that no one wants business, but what can you do.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah I also did not get a response from them when I tried.

I would definitely look into the canadian ideal square and quadex though!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
npham|1311132304|2972697 said:

Calgary is not a great place for purchasing a diamond, we hit nearly every B&M here and we ended up buying online.
As to whether Ralph can get a Lucere, and what he will charge, I don't know, but ask to speak to him directly.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maplefemme|1311129787|2972676 said:
Have you tried Fleetwood in Calgary? (I'm in Calgary too) they are on MacLeod Trail and are one of the few vendors I'd trust here. He only carries GIA graded stones and I can vouch for his honesty and business ethics.
I don't know if he can get you a Lucere or if he would be priced competitively to GOG, but they are local and worth calling to ask if you haven't already.

I've seen quite a few EGL graded stones there as well; but he will try and get what you ask for.

BTW, have you seen the Amourique (spelling) cut from Birks? Is this the shape you are looking for?

cheers--Sharon

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The staff at GOG were out on vacation (it's a family owned and run store) but I believe they are back now. I'd give them another call :)

Also, there is a ton of video comparisons on those cuts if you need help to determine which one is just right.
I already typed in the search for the lucere so the comparison videos should be on the side. However I would do a search also for the other stones and see what other ones pop up.

BTW the gentleman doing the videos is Jonathan at GOG.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DiamondInfoMan#p/search/0/0-mCA6oCxro

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry to hear you had trouble getting through. We did just return from vacation yesterday and were bombarded with phone calls and catching up with email. My apologies about that as we make every effort to answer all email & phone calls as effeciently and effectively as possible.

Just a note on the Lucere's. We've been having trouble contacting and acquiring diamonds from them ourselves and we are a company in good standing with this firm.

If you have any questions on squares cut for high optics I'll subscribe to this thread and help answer any questions you may have.

Kind regards,

npham

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response Rhino, if you are having issues acquiring Lucere diamonds, would the Princess of Hearts be an equivalent cut(as suggested by a retailer who responded to me)?

Is there low supply, too much demand or both? If you have any stones you think I'd be interested, please let me know.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
npham|1311197506|2973317 said:
Thanks for the response Rhino, if you are having issues acquiring Lucere diamonds, would the Princess of Hearts be an equivalent cut(as suggested by a retailer who responded to me)?

Is there low supply, too much demand or both? If you have any stones you think I'd be interested, please let me know.

the princess of hearts is not the same but is similar. I think GOG has some videos of both (I am not sure if they have a comparison with Lucere/POH but you could search their videos).

http://vimeo.com/diamondinfo

npham

Rough_Rock

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks awesome! you'll have to upload the pics directly though or else they could be removed.

who is the vendor? i am always interested to learn of new vendors who provide images and ASET images

npham

Rough_Rock
I don't see a place to edit my posts :(sad

But the vendor is James O. Poag Jewellers Ltd in Ontario. Apparently the stone is from there as well.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi npham,

There are a number of excellently cut squares which give off incredible optics yet which vary in the way in which they reflect light back to the eye.

a. Lucere: was most similar to a square radiant and had nice optics in comparison to most radiants that we had seen.
b. Princess of Hearts, Brellia Square Cushion H&A & Jubilee are each Square Hearts & Arrows varieties that mimic the optics of the rarest rounds (Hearts & Arrows rounds) and feature what is basically the same proportions and optical symmetry you'll find in rounds. PoH & Brellia attain AGS Ideal Light Performance. Jubilee has what I would absolutely consider "Ideal" optics but has not yet been submitted to AGS for proper approval. Each of them though we do back with lifetime policies.
c. GOG Signature/Solasfera Princess Cuts: feature light performance in a square princess cut that emphasize maximum smaller reflections as compared to Square H&A varieties which feature larger reflections. These also attain AGS Ideal optics.
d. Generic Modern faceted cushions: There are some rare ones floating around albeit hard to find which also feature smaller reflections. Finding a good generic, or one that holds a candle to those mentioned above are not easy to find though.
e. August Vintage Cushions: Vintage facet structure which achieves AGS Ideal light performance and features the largest reflections of light of the bunch albeit fewer.

Within the world of diamonds and in particular square shapes and those which are cut to attain the rarest optics, ie. AGS Ideal, the optics vary from those which emphasize many smaller reflections of light (Princess varieties), to those which emphasize medium reflections with a nice mix of smaller reflections (Square H&A varieties) to fewer larger reflections as found in August Vintage. Our primary goal when we are serving people is helping them determine which appearance appeals most to their eyes and go from there.

The one you posted a pic of you had identified as a Lucere but that looks like a PoH.

Kindest regards,

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
slg47|1311223320|2973576 said:
I think it looks awesome! you'll have to upload the pics directly though or else they could be removed.

who is the vendor? i am always interested to learn of new vendors who provide images and ASET images

Particularly in Canada too. That is good.

npham

Rough_Rock
I think you are right, I didn't look too closely but that makes sense because it was cut in Ontario. Rhino, will you be working tomorrow? Who should I ask for tomorrow?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
npham|1311228824|2973610 said:
I think you are right, I didn't look too closely but that makes sense because it was cut in Ontario. Rhino, will you be working tomorrow? Who should I ask for tomorrow?

Tomorrow (actually today, Thursday) I'll be at the lab from 5pm - 9pm eastern. If you forward email via the site to my attention they'll forward it to me too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results