shape
carat
color
clarity

Lower color in exposed stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HWin

Rough_Rock
I''ve purchased a 1.6 carat H&A stone that has a great cut with an H color. I''m trying to find a platinum setting but am having reservations with some choices because of the H color, which I''m afraid may become evident in some of the settings where the sides of the stone are exposed (e.g., Verragio settings). Should I be worried?

HW

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I purchased an H about a year ago and had it set in a platinum vatche x-prong...The stone looks awesome and because of the head of the x-prong being mounted low on the band...very little if any of the side is really visible and is masked by the criss crossing prongs...

People perceive these subtle hues differently. I think even if you get a setting where the head and prongs of the ring are set high above the band you will be hard pressed to notice any color because of the cut...
appl.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I have an H color, H&A set in white gold that looks great. I also tried it against plat and it looked beautiful. Granted mine isn't as large a carat weight as your. Josh's FI's diamond is closer to your size.

You might check the "Show Me The Ring" portion of the Forum. There are several pics there of great plat rings with I color H&A's that look gorgeous!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results