shape
carat
color
clarity

low setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hazelhickory

Rough_Rock
I love the low setting look of the Tiffany setting but am unable to find a good replica of this setting. Has anyone had a good experience with the SuperbCert or Niceice tiffany setting or know which one is better? Also, are there other choices for a low setting? I just don''t like how high the stone sits in a typical 6-prong setting, with the gap between the bottom of the stone and the band.

Also would a low setting impact sparkle of the stone?
Any help would be appreciated.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/14/2004 9:11:23 PM
Author:hazelhickory

Also would a low setting impact sparkle of the stone?
Hi Hazelhickory,

From my experience, it is more a matter of how much metal is directly around the diamond.

If the diamond is very deeply set or buried in a heavy crown, it tends to lessen the light and therefore the sparkle.

If the setting is low but in a nicely refined or delicate crown, the opposite is true.

Of course, this means a high, open crown is optimal for light but may not be optimal for praticality.

Time2wed

Rough_Rock
You can try looking at whiteflash.com. I just bought one from them today. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results