shape
carat
color
clarity

Low light proposal.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

damo

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I''m going to be proposing to my girlfriend in a low lit room, dimmed lights, candles etc.
I was wondering how the diamond would look in those conditions? I guess it would look its best in bright sunshine?
FYI the diamond is 1ct H colour, ideal cut.
Thanks

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
I'm thinking that it would look great. Having just proposed myself over the weekend... I have to say that no matter what, she is going to be thrilled and think it looks wonderful. The last thing you need to worry about is her saying "Yes, I'll marry you, but the ring looks kind of dull in these conditions".

First, it won't look dull and two, she won't be thinking about the lighting. My new fiance told me today that she barely can remember the proposal as she was in shock (really caught her off guard). Nonetheless, even if your gf is expecting it, trust me. You have nothing to worry about. Least of all the lighting and its affect on the diamond.

Just relax and enjoy the moment.
1.gif
Good luck!
1.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
It will look great in dim, single point light, like you describe.

It will actually look not as good in full sunlight.

Good Luck!!

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
My husband proposed to me in a candlelit restaurant and the diamond (also H color) looked spectacular!

Good luck !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results