shape
carat
color
clarity

Low Carb Diet

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one we have here is 4grams of carb per 100 gram. So it is possible to fit one in I think if you plan for it :think:
This is what Tesco has listed for the Total stuff over here!

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/266963950

Total Greek 0% Fat Yogurt

Typical Values per 100g
Energy 230 kJ (54 kcal)
Fat 0 g
of which saturates 0 g
Carbohydrate 3.0 g
of which sugars 3.0 g
Protein 10.3 g
Salt 0.1 g
Calcium 120 mg

If there's 10.3g of protein, 3g of carbs, 0.1g of salt and 0g of fat in 100g of yoghurt, I'm not sure what else it's actually made up of! :lol: lol

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Do any of you lovely ladies have any recipe ideas for someone who gets heartburn from everything but chicken? I am only half exaggerating x.x no red sauces no red meat. Salmon has been making us both sick the last few times we ate it but not sure why. I'm mostly doing alright on this diet since I was a big meat and veggie lover anyway. My only weakness is potatoes. So I limit them to holidays only.
We have been making chicken soup with shredded chicken and veggies but without my starch to help thicken the meal I am having a hard time finding food my husband will/can eat. He was raised as a veggie and hates it so I can't do meatless x.x

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
https://www.feastingathome.com/instant-pot-chicken-tortilla-soup/

I made this the other day and it came out so tasty and filling. Just skip the tortilla, they get soggy fast anyway. :lol-2:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-italian-cabbage-stir-fry

Did this with ground turkey yestersay, I'm sure ground chicken would work too. I've made it a few times with different spices (asian, mediterranean, etc) so it doesn't get boring. :mrgreen2:

Omg! Those look amazing! If I was just feeding just me I would eat them both in a heartbeat! Unfortunately the tomatoes will give my husband heartburn. -.-

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! Those look amazing! If I was just feeding just me I would eat them both in a heartbeat! Unfortunately the tomatoes will give my husband heartburn. -.-

I think you can skip the tomatoes on both. I've done the stir fry w/o tomatoes and liked it better actually. :mrgreen2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I think you can skip the tomatoes on both. I've done the stir fry w/o tomatoes and liked it better actually. :mrgreen2:
Hmm I might try it out anyway then. The tomatoes just seemed fairly integral so I was like why! Lol.
Thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do any of you lovely ladies have any recipe ideas for someone who gets heartburn from everything but chicken? I am only half exaggerating x.x no red sauces no red meat. Salmon has been making us both sick the last few times we ate it but not sure why. I'm mostly doing alright on this diet since I was a big meat and veggie lover anyway. My only weakness is potatoes. So I limit them to holidays only.
We have been making chicken soup with shredded chicken and veggies but without my starch to help thicken the meal I am having a hard time finding food my husband will/can eat. He was raised as a veggie and hates it so I can't do meatless x.x

Hi, hope it’s ok for me to chime in here. I feel for Your DH because I know what it’s like to have heartburn from almost everything you eat and drink. I get it from drinking water sometimes not kidding. Have you explored why he’s experiencing heartburn? I hope he’s not on long term PPIs or antacids. Those can be more damaging in the long term than helpful. I’d suggest (if you haven’t already) finding a more holistically bent physician to do a complete work up to get to the root cause. He might need to heal his gut.

Along those lines I recommend bone broth and LGlutamine and MSM powder added to the broth. It can have healing properties for the gut.

And in the interim for possible more natural and safer relief from heartburn I swear by DGL tablets. I prefer the sugar free German chocolate DGL.

https://www.vitacost.com/enzymatic-therapy-dgl-sugar-free

Hope he finds relief soon.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm I might try it out anyway then. The tomatoes just seemed fairly integral so I was like why! Lol.
Thank you!

I just saw that you said no red sauce...oops...but i do think these 2 will work fine without. Can you do other proteins. Turkey, tofu, pork, etc?.

I only did 2 weeks low carb as a sugar reset and was struggling to find good recipes. About one out of 4 worked. I found most of them on the diet doctor site or general web search.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, hope it’s ok for me to chime in here. I feel for Your DH because I know what it’s like to have heartburn from almost everything you eat and drink. I get it from drinking water sometimes not kidding. Have you explored why he’s experiencing heartburn? I hope he’s not on long term PPIs or antacids. Those can be more damaging in the long term than helpful. I’d suggest (if you haven’t already) finding a more holistically bent physician to do a complete work up to get to the root cause. He might need to heal his gut.

Along those lines I recommend bone broth and LGlutamine and MSM powder added to the broth. It can have healing properties for the gut.

And in the interim for possible more natural and safer relief from heartburn I swear by DGL tablets. I prefer the sugar free German chocolate DGL.

https://www.vitacost.com/enzymatic-therapy-dgl-sugar-free

Hope he finds relief soon.

No problem Missy. My husband and his entire family are just like that. Heartburn from water. Which makes me feel terrible for them. We don't know specifically why though. We were going to try and explore that more later on once he gets out of the military. In the meantime I just try really hard to not cook things that I know irritate him. Which sucks for both of us because that's basically almost everything tasty and I can diet but if I'm not able to change food around it makes me a cranky person because I get bored after awhile x.x
So basically it's been chicken chicken chicken with veggies in broth or the poor guy guzzling baking soda and water with the few red meat meals I do make. Thanks for those powder and tablet recommendations too! I'll show him your post and check it out. If he could vary his diet more I know we would both do better.

I just saw that you said no red sauce...oops...but i do think these 2 will work fine without. Can you do other proteins. Turkey, tofu, pork, etc?.

I only did 2 weeks low carb as a sugar reset and was struggling to find good recipes. About one out of 4 worked. I found most of them on the diet doctor site or general web search.

It seems like everything but chicken and turkey are no no's. I tried pork recently and it didn't work either. Which is too bad because I love it as a bi weekly treat. He loves turkey though. I'm just not sure it fits into our very small food budget. I can look at the commissary next Saturday when I go for groceries again and see if they sell small parts like they do chicken breasts. Just in case. I did find a turkey broth at the store so i could probably make a turkey soup with it if we can find the parts. Thank you for the idea Bludiva!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how anyone functions on a low carb diet - if I don't start my day with about 150g of porridge and 3/4 of a pint of milk, I'm starving and shattered in a couple of hours!

This is TOTALLY me :lol: Maybe it’s a British thing, drummed into us through Ready Brek adverts as children?!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have been making chicken soup with shredded chicken and veggies but without my starch to help thicken the meal I am having a hard time finding food my husband will/can eat.

I used raw almond flour in a meat loaf. (Layla suggested an alternative, but I had already bought the almond flour.) Have you tried using that as a thickener? You could wing it or do a recipe search with it on one of the recipe websites. I use allrecipes.com where you can plug in the ingredients you want in a recipe and those you do not want. Good luck!

Deb/AGBF

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I used raw almond flour in a meat loaf. (Layla suggested an alternative, but I had already bought the almond flour.) Have you tried using that as a thickener? You could wing it or do a recipe search with it on one of the recipe websites. I use allrecipes.com where you can plug in the ingredients you want in a recipe and those you do not want. Good luck!

Deb/AGBF

You know I've never tried it. I'm going to see if our commissary carries it.
Thanks!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, you should see what he eats! Talk about fake food. He loves Taco Bell and there is hardly a bit of real food there. It’s mostly about not eating cane sugar.
Are you also married to my husband? If so, can you make him move back in with you?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ame, Ha you are on your own with that one! It is my son that eats like that. My DH is not totally super low carb but way better than the kidults.

Reactions: ame

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Sharing a couple of my low carb meals

First is baked salmon hand rolls with Mayo, sriracha, avocado, sliced cucumber rolled in toasted seaweed.
9D8280FB-520D-456A-9C90-E2B5DDEC6A1E.jpeg

Another is fried rice made with riced cauliflower
AD199846-3CF9-4DCF-97E2-020C4DC58AAD.jpeg

And lastly, I make meatloaf using crumbled tofu and egg as binder
And canned tomato sauce instead of ketchup to reduce sugar.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Sharing a couple of my low carb meals

First is baked salmon hand rolls with Mayo, sriracha, avocado, sliced cucumber rolled in toasted seaweed.
9D8280FB-520D-456A-9C90-E2B5DDEC6A1E.jpeg

Another is fried rice made with riced cauliflower
AD199846-3CF9-4DCF-97E2-020C4DC58AAD.jpeg

And lastly, I make meatloaf using crumbled tofu and egg as binder
And canned tomato sauce instead of ketchup to reduce sugar.

Oops, I realized this fried "rice" was one I made with quinoa....but idea is the same, substitute rice with riced cauliflower

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I've been on low carb/keto for several months now. I love overnight oats for breakfast and make different flavors like cookie dough, black forest, strawberry cheesecake, banana cream pie etc...oh and I made these keto mini cheesecakes the other day..

20220221_173149.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results