shape
carat
color
clarity

low budget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hopefulbutpoor

Rough_Rock
I''m new to pricescope, so please excuse if ithis question is in the wrong place.  My best friend asked me to give him some ideas about what I want in an engagement ring in case my boyfriend asks for advice.  Since my boyfriend talks to my best friend on a somewhat regular basis and we have been dating for over 2 years - and have talked about marriage - this is a distinct possibility.  Unfortunately, I''m VERY picky, but at the same time completely confused - and I''m not sure if it''s even possible to fit my taste my price range.  I''m basing my budget on 2 months salary - is that still normal?  Help!
33.gif

Just some basics: I''m assuming my budget will fall between $5000 and $6000. I KNOW that I want a round stone, but I don''t think a solitaire is for me - I want something with a little extra, you know? I LOVE the look of pave or micropave, but I don''t like milgrain at all. (The 2 styles that I have seen and liked the most are Ritani''s endless love and Michael b''s trois, but those are way above my pricerange) I''m not looking for a huge stone .5 carat - 1 should be great, right? I also know I don''t want a ring that sits way above my finger - I would be soooooooo paranoid it would catch on everything!

The look: I want something elegant - with some flare, but not overly detailed and fussy. Any suggestions or is this just never going to happen in my budget? I''ve been browsing through the forums and I can see that everyone on here is so incredibly knowledgeable and helpful! Please help out a hopeful girl!
35.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might want to skip the glam designer name, but otherwise... I can''t see why you could not get what you want.

One of the micropave rings at Dirt Cheap Diamonds or the "Halo" by Etienne Perret (there is one on "Show me the Ring") perhaps with some added pave should do the trick
1.gif

There are other options, I would think. How about one like this ? It should fit within your budget, as far as I know:

p.jpg
(from FayCullen)

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Don''t see why this wouldn''t be do-able - you can''t get a $5,000 setting of course, but I''d be hesitant to no matter WHAT my budget because I think there are nice ones out there for $2,000 and under...and it''s always just more $ for the stone!

Check this site out, don''t have time to post links to all of their examples, but here''s one:

http://www.mavilo.com/detail.asp?product_id=DSM1561

Dirt Cheap Diamonds'' endless love-esque micro pave is another great example for under 2K.

Precsion Set makes a nice example...It''s on their site...

You can get a great stone for $4K - 5K for sure, do a search on this site by budget, and put "best balance of quality and size" or whatever similar option it gives you for an idea of how big you can get the stone and in what specs!

Layne

Shiny_Rock
LOVE the Fay Cullen

hopefulbutpoor

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the great suggestions - I love the setting at Dirt Cheap Diamonds - just what I am looking for! I don''t really like any decoration or engraving or whatever on the metal so that one is great. The only thing I really have in my head is round stone, thin band, clean lines. I love the look of pave and micropave, but even those designs are so varied it''s hard to pick a favorite. . .thanks so much for all the advice - you guys are great!
36.gif

amytude

Shiny_Rock
A budget of $5-6K is NOT poor, you''ll be able to find something wonderful in that price range. I ordered my diamond from DCD (dirt cheap diamonds) and it was a very smooth experience. If you like their settings and can find a diamond there, too, well then that would be great! I''m having major trouble finding a setting within my budget. Like you, I know what I want, but I''m having trouble finding it. Best of luck to you!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I think that''s aVERY NICE budget!

Here''s an idea - why not use all the money for the stone, set it in a solitaire setting, and then as a wedding gift, (or 1st anniversary, or whenever yuo can both save up the money) purchase a different setting?

That''s what my fiacne did - he proposed with a solitaire and let me choose a setting for my wedding gift - this worked out great, it gave him time to save some extra money for the setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results