shape
carat
color
clarity

lovewhitediamonds- show me your ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Hi lovewhitediamonds!
I have tried searching old threads for some hand shots of your asscher with setting. It is one of the most gorgeous rings I''ve ever seen! I am looking at engagement rings right now, and my boyfriend and I are set on creating a "petite" version of your beauty (2.5 ct asscher with tapered baguettes). Do you mind either posting the link to your original photo-shoot or posting some pictures whenever you have a chance? Any tips on setting it, or anything you learned along the way that we should know about setting an asscher with tap bags?
Thanks for sharing!!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LoveDeco
35.gif

Thanks for the shout-out.... unfortunately I have been banned by DH to post pics....and it''s killin'' me...but that whole fiasco with that site stealing images, I would be so mad if they tooks pics without my permission.
Everyone here has been so helpful, and I want to show off my beauty... but, it will have to be at GTG...

As far as advice, here are some things that might be helpful:

#1. Have your jeweler bring in different size bags and have put them next to your stone -- so you can "eyeball" if you like the look. Mine are a little over 1ctw -- I think like 1.2 or something, but he brought in all sizes. I also made sure the bags were same or higher color than my center. I also picked some with excellent cut and clarity (vvs1) -- as my center was ex cut and vs2 clarity, I wanted to be sure they were beautiful on their own. I really loved this ring from Lang''s which has the tapered bags LINK. Also, I almost sent my stone back to purchase this LINK from singlestone -- another great example of tapered bags. Are these pics close to what you are looking for?? Also check out harrywinston.com under engagment, diamond rings... some nice pics there too.

#2. It''s been tricky finding a wedding band that complements bags. I''ve tried them all ... it''s also hard to find a band with a low profile.

Sorry I couldn''t be of more help! Good luck with your ring asscher sista!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lwd, with all due respect, since our identities are unknown here, what difference would it make if someone took a picture of our rings? I would feel terribly sorry for someone who was tricked into buying from a con artist, but I wouldn''t particularly worry if someone stole my pictures. They can''t get my ring and they don''t know who I am, so I am not concerned about posting pictures of jewelry. Posting your own photograph is another issue and something that may need to be thought about. But I just wondered why it would matter to your husband if pictures of your ring were posted.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Stunning, just stunning! I get butterflies with these asschers! Clean yet opulent, that''s what they are. Yours is absolutely gorgeous and the links you sent are too. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I''m so sorry to hear that pictures of your piece were inappropriately used. How disappointing!

We are going to try to set it in a Mark Morrell, but it''s time-dependent. I''ll have to make the decision to go ringless in the early engagement for a MM or have it set in time for the engagement at a B&M and hope they can pull off something high quality. Your advice is definitely helpful because if we do it locally I want to make sure we take part in selecting the baguettes, as you suggest.

Thanks again, and enjoy your beauties!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Aw darn! I was hoping that I'd get to see your stunning asscher
39.gif

You know, you can watermark your photos, so they can't be used if they are stolen. In photoshop, you can do an invisible watermark, or you can have one appear on the photo. Ringabling does this, I believe, or she might just add a type layer on top of her photo to mark it, which may be easier.

Just a thought...
2.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 12:14:55 AM
Author: coatimundi
Aw darn! I was hoping that I''d get to see your stunning asscher
39.gif

You know, you can watermark your photos, so they can''t be used if they are stolen. In photoshop, you can do an invisible watermark, or you can have one appear on the photo. Ringabling does this, I believe, or she might just add a type layer on top of her photo to mark it, which may be easier.

Just a thought...
2.gif
Great idea Coati! I will see if someone at work knows how to do this or has photoshop .... Thanks!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results