shape
carat
color
clarity

Lovers of Very Strong Blue Fluorescence

Kitana

Rough_Rock
After waiting for what felt like forever to get my ring it finally arrived and I absolutely love it!! I was really worried about it being an “overblue“ but I was over the moon when I saw its beauty in the sunlight. Share your Fluorescent rings View attachment 763063

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We can't see your attachments unless you attach them to the post as a picture ;-)

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t wait to see pictures!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations! Give us the details...size/color/ etc!

I love seeing the blue sky reflected in my stone!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! :))

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love me some SBF!

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!! Congratulations!!!

Kitana

Rough_Rock
It’s a j, vvs1, 0.72ct
5.79 x 5.76 x 3.55mm
Excellent polish, symmetry and cut.

I’d like to thank everyone for the wealth of knowledge I’ve gained reading through these forums. I’m so glad I came across this site in my research

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I love the extra glow it has!!!
love it. Congrats!!!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Makes me Nostalgic, eons ago my husband and I ventured to NY's diamond district. We knew no one and knew even less about diamonds. How we ended up in Mr Diamond is beyond me. This really nice, young guy waited on us, we talked for a minute about what I would like,after that he went into the back of the store and came out with the most beautiful diamond solitaire in a platinum setting. It was 1.50 carats and it was a literal meteor shower in a setting. The cost for this treasure was $1800. This was the summer of 1976.
This diamond had super blue fluoresence that held that glow( Didn't even know what fluoresence was was back then, it was pretty though). I took it in for a cleaning and the salespeople here in Virginia didn't think it was a real diamond. It was without visible inclusions under a loupe. It was a bright white diamond, from the side you could see a soft hint of light yellow. I loved it.
Fast forward, to the summer of 1978, I was pregnant with my son Brian John, enjoying a day off from my shift from the hospital. It was such a beautiful day and I thought having some fresh air would be great for me and my kitty. The window initially went up and then stuck, I gave it a shove, the window came out off it's track and slammed onto my hand,hit my diamond full on. That diamond literally saved my hand from a crush injury. The diamond shot out the window into my downstairs neighbors yard. By some miracle we found it sparkling in his flower bed, I never thought to have it checked by a jeweler for damage, you weren't supposed to be able to damage diamonds, they're the hardest mineral on earth.
A full year went by, I gave birth, life went on as it should. Thanksgiving I was setting the table and my ring flipped to the side, hit the edge of the table and I felt the diamond chip. The diamond had a chunk out of the girdle and up across the crown. Talk about feeling horrible. My appraisal was 2 yrs. old and diamonds had gone up alot, so I was told. Had I had the diamond appraised more recently, it would have been valued at $18000. vs the $10000. according to the insurance company's diamond cutter. The recut diamond was pretty, possibly I should have just kept it, I wanted the presence my diamond originally had on my hand, it was stunning.
I wish I had a hand shot of that ring, even more so, when I replaced the diamond I wish I would have found that same young man to sell me another beauty, not so lucky with the replacement.

Kitana

Rough_Rock
Makes me Nostalgic, eons ago my husband and I ventured to NY's diamond district. We knew no one and knew even less about diamonds. How we ended up in Mr Diamond is beyond me. This really nice, young guy waited on us, we talked for a minute about what I would like,after that he went into the back of the store and came out with the most beautiful diamond solitaire in a platinum setting. It was 1.50 carats and it was a literal meteor shower in a setting. The cost for this treasure was $1800. This was the summer of 1976.
This diamond had super blue fluoresence that held that glow( Didn't even know what fluoresence was was back then, it was pretty though). I took it in for a cleaning and the salespeople here in Virginia didn't think it was a real diamond. It was without visible inclusions under a loupe. It was a bright white diamond, from the side you could see a soft hint of light yellow. I loved it.
Fast forward, to the summer of 1978, I was pregnant with my son Brian John, enjoying a day off from my shift from the hospital. It was such a beautiful day and I thought having some fresh air would be great for me and my kitty. The window initially went up and then stuck, I gave it a shove, the window came out off it's track and slammed onto my hand,hit my diamond full on. That diamond literally saved my hand from a crush injury. The diamond shot out the window into my downstairs neighbors yard. By some miracle we found it sparkling in his flower bed, I never thought to have it checked by a jeweler for damage, you weren't supposed to be able to damage diamonds, they're the hardest mineral on earth.
A full year went by, I gave birth, life went on as it should. Thanksgiving I was setting the table and my ring flipped to the side, hit the edge of the table and I felt the diamond chip. The diamond had a chunk out of the girdle and up across the crown. Talk about feeling horrible. My appraisal was 2 yrs. old and diamonds had gone up alot, so I was told. Had I had the diamond appraised more recently, it would have been valued at $18000. vs the $10000. according to the insurance company's diamond cutter. The recut diamond was pretty, possibly I should have just kept it, I wanted the presence my diamond originally had on my hand, it was stunning.
I wish I had a hand shot of that ring, even more so, when I replaced the diamond I wish I would have found that same young man to sell me another beauty, not so lucky with the replacement.

Just wow!
I would have kept it or at least had it remade into another piece such as a necklace, maybe even a charm for a bracelet.
It sounded like such a beautiful stone. I couldn’t imagine the feeling you had when it chipped.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! What can be better than looking at that beauty in the sunlight? I love it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love fluorescence so much!!!

I got engaged and married the same year! It was a different world back then buying diamonds! I found PS when my husband said I could get a new diamond ring for our 30th anniversary, and I wanted to research and be sure I got a great quality stone this time. Back then, most stones weren't even graded. I learned a lot after coming to PS!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

great story

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Love fluorescence so much!!!

I got engaged and married the same year! It was a different world back then buying diamonds! I found PS when my husband said I could get a new diamond ring for our 30th anniversary, and I wanted to research and be sure I got a great quality stone this time. Back then, most stones weren't even graded. I learned a lot after coming to PS!

Same thing for me, as I said, we knew so little about gems/ diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results