shape
carat
color
clarity

Lovely little star Sapphire Clad in 14k white gold

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
I really like this one not saying I didn't pay near too much,was 164 with 20 percent off,but paid 135.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I commented on your other thread on this same ring, in Show Me The Bling ... it looks to be a Linde (Lindy) Star Sapphire, which is man-made/synthetic and quite popular in the 1970s I think ... is the ring setting White Gold or Sterling Silver?

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
I commented on your other thread on this same ring, in Show Me The Bling ... it looks to be a Linde (Lindy) Star Sapphire, which is man-made/synthetic and quite popular in the 1970s I think ... is the ring setting White Gold or Sterling Silver?

It moves so it's not painted on,and it's white gold,thought it was 14k but actually 10,synthetic would have some tell tale factors,the back looks real

Last edited:

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
It moves so it's not painted on,and it's white gold,thought it was 14k but actually 10,synthetic would have some tell tale factors,it's legit,

Or would it still be synthetic If it plays across the surface band has rough back?

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock

As far as 70's there's not a scratch on the metal so I'm guessing it's nos or str8 up new

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
I see it now,does seem too perfect
But it does have waves going through it when I shine light through it,that seem promising,I'm unsure=\

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
I see it now,does seem too perfect
But it does have waves going through it when I shine light through it,that seem promising,I'm unsure=\

I think it's real,just so small that the star is condensed or magnafied
Did I pay too much?,there are some some rings that run through it that are very natural in appearancet
The back has a gritty look to it,but I can see how it could be fake

Last edited:

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
It's at least worth what I paid for it after some research,I'm glad I didn't get gyped

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
It's at least worth what I paid for it after some research,I'm glad I didn't get gyped

It's a Africa star Sapphire,is that synthetic?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may not be Linde but much more likely than not it is synthetic ... modern synthetic star sapphires do have moving stars and non-smooth backs ... 10kt WG fits with synthetic stone as well ... if you want to know for sure, send it in to GIA or American Gemological Laboratories.

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
It may not be Linde but much more likely than not it is synthetic ... modern synthetic star sapphires do have moving stars and non-smooth backs ... 10kt WG fits with synthetic stone as well ... if you want to know for sure, send it in to GIA or American Gemological Laboratories.

Something I'll do,if it's real it's amazing

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
Something I'll do,if it's real it's amazing

Well I performed the breath test,didn't even really fog up,I was right it's real,and beautiful,I tried as hard as I could to fog it up,just cleared in under a second,I could tell by the way it caught light that it was special,figure I got it so cheap because it's small,around 0.65 carats

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree that it’s likely some sort of synthetic, based on both the sharpness of the star and the fact that it’s set in 10k gold. Quite honestly, I don’t think it’s worth your while (or money) to send it off for grading. If you want a professional opinion, you can take it to a local jeweler - or better yet, a trusted pawn shop. They’d probably be willing to give you an eyeball assessment for free, or to do some testing for under $100.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a small star sapphire set in 10kt gold. The star "moves" and the back is rough and there is no L on the back. It is a synthetic stone. It's still pretty though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results