shape
carat
color
clarity

LOVE this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
Wow. Wow. WOW!!

I am brand new to this thread and just want to say that all you guys are doing such a fantastic job digging up pics and stats of anyone and eveyone''s e-rings. I am beyond impressed!!
Attached is my 3.83 pear with halo and split-shank.

D.D.B.1.JPG

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Welcome and thanks for sharing!

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

I have been reading old posts now for 7 hours. This thread is so addicting. I am blinded by all the gorgeous ice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! There are many of us who came here for help looking for diamonds and we never left! Your ring is gorgeous!!!
30.gif
Ironically, one of our members very recently had her 2 ct. stone set very much like yours! I'll see if I can find the link.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-dilemma-solved.72126/

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh!
That IS my ring. It is a beautiful setting and very functional. I have an infant, so I needed something wearable.
Thanks for the link.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hollywood...Welcome!!
35.gif

It is a great treat to see your beauty! Please take us more images and don't forget some profile shots.

DKS

ETA: that thing is one honker of a pear. 3.83? Wowzers! Photos. Photos. Photos!!!

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
SDL, I have been reading your posts all day! You are answering my post personally?!? I feel honored. Seriously, this thread is so very entertaining. I will post better pics when I get home near a good camera. I am at a spa in Palm Springs, taking some ''me'' time. Thanks for welcoming me!

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
One more question:
I keep reading posts that say ''the DH and I...''
What the heck does DH mean?

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
I thought it was for Desperate Husband.
Too much Hollywood on the brain!
Please, everyone, pray for this strike to be over. It''s getting bad...
btw, I cannot open the acronym link. I will keep trying.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks admin... I guess I should go to sleep now.....

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I have an infant, so I needed something wearable

A ring that gorgeous needs no rationalization. We need more pics!!!

Welcome!!

Nancy

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Welcome, Hollywood Wife. I LOVE your ring. I''m the person who recently had my pear reset into a setting very similar to yours and I can''t stop looking at it. I bet yours with that huge stone in it is amazing! Enjoy!

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
Yeah, Betty, our rings are IDENTICAL!
I am jealous of your specs, though. Mine is a G, SI1 or SI2 (I will have to find the cert)
F color is amazing, and your clarity rocks! I am sure it sparkles like nobody''s business!!
The only complaint I have with such a large stone is that it seems to get very dirty very fast. I feel like I am getting it cleaned weekly. Is that bad for the rock? I am eyeing a 4.5-5 ct round eternity with shared prongs (ala Jen Garner''s) to wear everyday. Any thoughts from eternity band owners? Will the prongs be too pokey? I hate channel settings...HELP.

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
ROFL, SDL!

I have not posted more pics because I am still at the spa getting pampered and catching up on sleep. I will take some awesome shots in the next day or two, I promise. It is so nice to know others out there share my obsession and downright pure LUST for shiny baubles. I don''t feel alone anymore with my diamond fixation, mania, irrational preoccupation, etc... I also was pleased to find the thread discussing upgrades. I told my DH about it, so he understands that I am not crazy for upgrading, after all. As far as cleaning goes, I go to my jeweler every week, but I clean it every day. It sure sparkles when its clean, but I am almost embarrassed to wear it when its dirty. It looks awful! Seriously considering that band...but I want to know comfort level? Anyone??

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Well, about that eternity band. A little scratchy at first, but you get used to it really fast. Such a classic look. I haven''t had a lot of jewelry in my life, but now that I''m geting older, my husband is understanding my "NEED" for those sparklies. He gave me an eternity band for my 50th birthday and it is the ring I wear daily. Took me about two days to get used to the feel of it.

Thanks for the compliments about my pear. It was my Mom''s so it''s really special to me.

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
HW? I cannot find the acronym for that...
HQ is high quality, right? I am sorry, but I am learning!

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Betty, for the quick reply!
May I ask how big your eternity band is (cts)? My jeweler has a princess cut one, 4.5 cts, shared prongs. I think she said it was 20 stones. She said the same thing you did, that I will get used to it really quick. Is yours posted here somewhere?

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
Oops! I knew that. I was just, um, making sure you knew. Yeah, that''s it...

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Not a very good picture (especially seeing those 50 year old hands
33.gif
) but my eternity band is here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/after-27-years.68360/. You have to scroll down a bit to find it. It has twenty stones, twenty points each. I wear this ring by itself just about every day. Hubby''s getting really good at this jewelry thing.
30.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Hi Hollywood Wife!

Your ring is beautiful!

I assume you live in LA? Where do you shop for your pretty gems?

Please, everyone, pray for this strike to be over. It''s getting bad...

My hubby is a writer... this whole thing is really bad. So many people are losing their jobs on every level. I keep hoping it''ll be over soon.

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
KK,
I am so sorry to learn that your hubby is a writer. Really sad news for all involved. People do not realize yet that this will affect so, so many lives. It angers me to read or hear some people whining about watching reruns when some families will lose their homes over this. Sorry to go off on this subject, it is just too close for comfort.
I buy my jewels all over. My DH got me a (small) diamond encrusted pacifier when I delivered our son last year from XIV Karats in Beverly Hills. It is one of my fav pieces. I am now looking for a 4-5 ct round eternity band to alternate with my rock. Any suggestions for jewelers?

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
If you go custom, talk to Maytal. She''s local. (and fairly recently had a baby!)
She makes gorgeous pieces. I''ve had her do quite a few pieces for me.

I know of another guy who is fabulous - and really, really fair in price. He''s kind of an unexpected gem in the valley. But I think he might kill me if I gave his info over the internet.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Welcome HW!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful ring with us! I can''t wait to see more pictures after your relaxing spa weekend!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
love love LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!...the ring.

I adore pears - especially the really BIG ones like yours! (which is why if I ever got one it would have to be my upgrade!
31.gif
)

So sorry to hear your DH has gotten caught up in the writer''s strike over there. Best of luck that it all ends soon.

Warm welcome to PS! I''m delighted to hear you share in our addiction.
35.gif

llwade

Rough_Rock
I LOVE your ring! It is absolutely stunning! I also think you should go with Maytal if you go custom as she made my ring and it turned out absolutely beautiful!

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I find this site very inviting and full of awesome info. I am so lucky to have stumbled upon such a great group!

Hollywood Wife

Rough_Rock
My husband is actually a film director, not a writer, but he is affected nonetheless. It upsets me to think about how many families are going to have a very lean holiday season over this. Thank you for the good luck wishes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results