shape
carat
color
clarity

Love SimonG setting w/ rose gold & pink diamonds, need help

Jenee

Rough_Rock
Hi :) I'm not sure if I am posting in the right forum but someone from wedding bee referred me here to get expert advice....

BACKGROUND TO PROBLEM:

My fiance purchased the engagement ring from a jewelry store that sold Simon G.  I had been looking at the rings at Robbins Bros and every time I saw the setting in their store at muliple locations it looked amazing.  Very high quality and more attention was paid to detail work then other ring designers. He ended up purchasing from another store. He special ordered my ring because my ring size is smaller than standard.

Sooooooooo....the ring comes and he proposes and the rose gold around the pink diamonds is not complete....like only half the square has rose gold on it??? wtf!  And one of the brackets on the bridge is deformed.  And there are several areas on the ring where the filigree (those gold dots) are not there or melted together.  I feel bad because Adam spent a significant amount of money on a setting I requested because we both thought it would be of higher quality (and it should be....it's what they promise and what they charge for).

I sent the ring back and it came back almost worse than the condition it was sent in.  Only thing that was fixed was the rose gold was now all the way around the squares...sort of.  Yay...I think?  More filigree was damaged and it was not looking right.  I wouldn't be complaining if this was a cheaper brand...you get what you pay for.

Then I find a girl who posted pics of her same setting on weddingbee and her setting looks great. It looks like it is suppose to.

PROBLEM:

Now the jewelry store is aruging with me saying that the ring is hand made and that is why is doesn't look right?  What???!!!  That makes no sense.  And even though one side of her ring looks good the other side could be messed up?  Say what now?  If one side looks good, shouldn't the other side look good too?  One side was obviously capable of looking good.  Right?  Am I crazy here? 

HELP:

If you have this same setting or have a friend that does, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post picture of your setting.  If you can get detailed images of the bridge (all part of ring if possible).  I want to build a strong case, in case this jewelry store and Simon G refuses to make this right.

See pics below:

OTHER GIRL'S/BEES SIMON G RING DONE RIGHT (this one looks good).  See how the filigree/dots around the ring is even and clearly seen?  And see how the squares are even and actually a great square shape?

MY RING (inside open part... bottom right of bridge filigree [dots] is messed up)

My Ring....better image of werid square shape (the left and top side of square is too long on left side) plus you can kinda see the messed up filigree/dots especially when compared with the other's girls ring and they are clearly defined.

I know my pictures aren't great.  It looks worse in person.  I'm trying to be realistic about this.  I know it is just a ring and the detailing is small but I have to wear it for the rest of my life and it was a significant purchase in terms of both sentiment and cost. And of course the bridge is my favorite part.  The rose gold and pink diamonds are what drew me to the ring in the first place.

What do you think?  And please post pictures if you have (both sides preferably so they can't argue that the other side won't look good....ugggghhhhh.

Thanks!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Love SimonG setting w/ rose gold & pink diamonds, need h

Hi and welcome to PS! You may want to hit the "report Concern" button top right and request the Mod's to move this to RockyTalky - that forum may be more helpful with suggestions. This is more the 'showing off' section :))

Were you able to upload pics? they did not come thru.

If you have spoken with your sales agent, have you gone to the manager yet? If that is not satisfactory, could you contact SImonG directly with your concern? There should be a resolution - an unhappy customer is NOT good for business... and if it can be done properly on someone else's ring, it should be done right for your's as well. I would continue this pursuit further up the chain.

Please try again with the pics and we can see your situation.... :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results