shape
carat
color
clarity

LOVE my plat950/Ru alloy!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you may recall that I had my 3-stone remade for a couple reasons. One reason was I was not pleased with how the platinum/iridium was wearing. I'm a 24/7 gal, but that's the norm in my gang, so I knew there was away to make it with a different alloy that would hold up like my friends' rings. Voila! Just MY experience, mind you. I'm not concluding that my decision is the one and only best way to go for everyone.

95% platinum alloyed with 5% ruthenium. (I believe that's what Tiffany's uses, btw). I've had my ring back since this summer. I wear it for all kinds of activities. As a reference, I wore it without taking it off for a 6 day vacation over the holidays. Showering, sightseeing, horseback riding, dragging my luggage, showering.....you name it! Here are some pictures of the ring. Not sure you can see the metal all THAT clearly, but just the patina is there - no "digs" like I was experiencing with the ring the first time around. (worn with Tiffany Etoile)

img_10424.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_10425.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree! I have both plat950/ru and plat900/iridium and both hold up beautifully! I avoid the plat950/iridium for rings totally!

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
that's great to know, I had no idea. Thanks for sharing!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info. Good to know there are different kind of plats that are more durable. I quit getting plat rings because of how soft it is and how hard I am on my rings. Wish I knew this before getting my ring in 18k :(sad But next time :naughty: plat it is!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Great info! Thanks for sharing! :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad it's working out well for you motownmama, thanks for letting us know, it's good information to have.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results