shape
carat
color
clarity

LoupeTroop flooded with listings from Indonesian seller BenyRiss

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
LoupeTroop, seems to have been flooded with hundreds of posts by an Indonesian seller called BenyRiss.

Most of it is very low quality ruby and sapphire.

Legitimate listings are getting buried under hundreds of their posts. It’s beginning to look like their own private sales site.

I’m very happy that Looptroop remains and open forum, but I believe it is being abused in this case.

Does anyone know who can be contacted regarding issues such as this?

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
That user last posted some two months ago. There was a thread on the preloved section about it. By the looks of it, LT doesn't care, and they've stopped posting now anyway.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Lt link isn’t working for me right now- is it working for everyone else?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think dealers should be allowed on LT.

+1

Sounds like a ripe business opportunity for a new website that limits listings per account to 2 or so gems.
Then of course an employee must review and spot dishonest sellers by comparing things like email and IP addresses, writing style, photography and lighting technique, etc.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sad to say there is another new addition to LT flooding the site. "Maisonnaite" has just joined and has listed 29 items since they joined a week or so ago.

I'm just stunned that a US seller is so tone deaf and/or greedy that they've miserably failed any modicum of following LT protocol/etiquette - ugh!!!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just stunned that a US seller is so tone deaf and/or greedy that they've miserably failed any modicum of following LT protocol/etiquette - ugh!!!

I just don't get what they're trying to achieve and what they expect, to be honest. LT is meant for private sales of pre-owned items. The people who browse it don't want to look through vendors' inventories, if they wanted that, they'd be on etsy or instagram. A business seller won't find their target audience on LT and flooding it with ads seems kinda pointless.

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I just don't get what they're trying to achieve and what they expect, to be honest. LT is meant for private sales of pre-owned items. The people who browse it don't want to look through vendors' inventories, if they wanted that, they'd be on etsy or instagram. A business seller won't find their target audience on LT and flooding it with ads seems kinda pointless.

I am actually very grateful to see l the occasional piece from folks such as like John Dyer and the like.

They don’t seem to use it for pushing retail, but rather for occasionally offering very special clearance deals on very nice, high-end inventory from time to time.

I am grateful that those guys do post the occasional wholesale piece to this audience. To me, it feels like a privilege, or it feels like being an insider of some sort.

The way that they do it is, as @minousbijoux so aptly we put it, decidedly not “tone-deaf.”

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results