shape
carat
color
clarity

Loupes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
What should consumers who want to buy a *good* quality loupe look for? What is the difference between the one sold on ideal-scope.com and a Bausch and Lomb model?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I sell the Super Loupe that is listed on the Ideal-Scope site and also sell a less costly loupe that is also 10x and does the trick for consumers. It is more a matter of how much one intends to use a loupe.

A casual user will see little or no difference between a normal $15 loupe and a superior $35 or $300 loupe. There is junk being sold for as little as $3, but it is not really useable.

People who have a great deal of experience tell me they see no reason for the vast gulf between the I-S loupe sold for $35 and the $300 retail Schneider loupe. I agree that there is no visible difference between them.

For a consumer, the $15 style of loupe is usually adequate. The $35 Super Loupe is a great tool and works like a charm. (Of course, I am selling...
1.gif
)

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Try with gia.org... They have plenty of supplies!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 2/18/2003 1:15:12 PM oldminer wrote:

I sell the Super Loupe that is listed on the Ideal-Scope site and also sell a less costly loupe that is also 10x and does the trick for consumers. It is more a matter of how much one intends to use a loupe.

A casual user will see little or no difference between a normal $15 loupe and a superior $35 or $300 loupe. There is junk being sold for as little as $3, but it is not really useable.

People who have a great deal of experience tell me they see no reason for the vast gulf between the I-S loupe sold for $35 and the $300 retail Schneider loupe. I agree that there is no visible difference between them.

For a consumer, the $15 style of loupe is usually adequate. The $35 Super Loupe is a great tool and works like a charm. (Of course, I am selling...
1.gif
)
----------------

Thanks for your reply Dave. It's good to know that there isn't much difference between the $35 and the very expensive loupes. Is much of the point to find a loupe that is 10x, triplet, fully corrected? My understanding also is that the larger sizes (20-21mm) are easier to use. Also, what is the preferred viewing distance for the Super Loupe?

Thanks again,

lawmax
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results